Ok, so I've recently watched both seasons of JLU and while season 2 had its moments (the Flash eps in particular and the Huntress/Canary one as well) it didn't even begin to hold a candle to season one. Not even close.

Season one with its whole shady government sponsered Cadmus operation, which was being set up as a counter method just in case the JLU ever went rogue, a la the Justice Lords, was phenomenal. It had intrigue, character development and some of the best physical and emotional confrontations the JLA/JLU ever had. Supes vs. Captain Marvel? Fuckin awesome fight. Batman taking a bullet for Supes and then questioning Superman's integrity? The Question and his conspiracy theories? And then going in to kill Luthor so that Superman never will in order to avoid the possibility of the Justic Lords ever becoming a reality? His interactions with the Huntress? GA (not golden age) and Black Canary?

And then there was Amanda Waller. She had to be one of my favorite characters. The confrontation between her and Batman, both when she called him "rich boy" letting him know she knew who he was, and again when he confronts her when she is getting out of the shower were brilliant. And how Luthor played them all was fantastic as well. But one of the best moments had to be the Flash taking out Luthor. I don't really follow his character, and on the show he was always comic relief, but that episode where he is racing around the planet in order to build up enough momentum so that his punches have the force to literally knock Brainiac from Luthor's psyche? I think it was the first time that I could see why he belonged with the original members. Probably my favorite moment - in a season filled with great moments - in the entire first season.

After that, season two just seemed cute and cartoony. Enjoyable, but not with the same depth.

Just wanted to say this while the seasons were still fresh in my mind. People who think that cartoons are just for kids need to see season 1.

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi