IGN

Quote:

The Men Who Won't Be Bond
And the one star who wants to be him!

November 08, 2004 - Pierce Brosnan has commented again on losing the role of James Bond. According to The World Entertainment News Network, Brosnan felt "gutted" when contract negotiations with Eon Productions broke down. "When they told me, I was angry and the conversation was pretty short and sweet. They invited me back, and they changed their minds half-way through negotiations," said Brosnan. "It's hard to find the truth. If you get uptight it just does your head in so you've got to let it go. I thought they did me a favor, really...leave while you're on top."

Brosnan recently told the press he favored Colin Farrell as his successor but the Alexander star is having none of that, advising Latino Review that Brosnan "just shot that out. It's great to think that he has that much faith in me but I have no idea. I haven't heard a thing about it except for Pierce and I don't think they're listening to him for casting."

Another rumored Bond candidate, Fantastic Four heavy Julian McMahon, is out of the running now, too. His mother informed The Herald Sun that McMahon "had to decline the offer, having recently signed a long-term deal with his hit TV drama series Nip/Tuck."

Thanks to Dark Horizons for the heads-up on the Farrell and McMahon items.

One younger star who is definitely interested in playing 007 is Hugh Jackman. Moviehole points out a bit from Female First wherein Jackman confirmed that "there is something very secretive about the way they cast that role. ... I've never had an official call asking: 'Are you interested or not?' But there's no guy I know who wouldn't want that role – and that includes me. Anyone who says otherwise is lying."

Julian McMahon

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.