I don't care either way, although since Christmas seems to be the most popular and dominant holiday this time of year, I guess "Christmas season" is more appropriate. The fact that Chanukah falls at the same time (and on the 25th of the Hebrew month of Kislev) is coincidence.

Besides, Chanukah isn't meant to be a counterpart to Christmas in any way, shape or form. The part about giving out presents on each night is an American tradition that secular Jews came up with to appease Jewish kids who didn't get Christmas presents and felt left out.

If anything, Chanukah has more in common with Thanksgiving than Christmas, since it's primarily a celebration of our right to practice our faith, and Chanukah sometimes falls much closer to Thanksgiving than it does to Christmas. We commemorate Chanukah to remember that a foreign power tried to outlaw our faith and forcibly convert us to theirs, but we fought back and won, so we give thanks to G-d for that victory. To me, that's much more important than the miracle of the oil that followed the military victory.

"Well when I talk to people I don't have to worry about spelling." - wannabuyamonkey "If Schumacher’s last effort was the final nail in the coffin then Year One would’ve been the crazy guy who stormed the graveyard, dug up the coffin and put a bullet through the franchise’s corpse just to make sure." -- From a review of Darren Aronofsky & Frank Miller's "Batman: Year One" script