Quote:

Pariah said:
You see, this is the funny part about the date-changing argument. While there are hundreds of pre-Constantine calenders that denote the birth of Christ being in Dec. 25, there has been neigh to no evidence indicating that the pagan holiday was even in December. I'm not saying the Pagans didn't convert over the holiday, but I find that there's more evidence that they conformed to the Catholic holiday date more than the Church did theirs.

What I find interesting is that Hannukah, which usually coincides with Christmas (or what we know as Christmas today), begins on the 25th of the Hebrew month of Kislev.

It's a heck of a coincidence that two holidays in the same time period occur on the same day of their prospective months.

Or is it?

At this point, I'm not engaging in anything other than idle speculation and posting something that popped into my head. I plan to look into this in detail when I have the opportunity. I'm curious to see whether this either is a coincidence, or if one influenced the other.

"Well when I talk to people I don't have to worry about spelling." - wannabuyamonkey "If Schumacher’s last effort was the final nail in the coffin then Year One would’ve been the crazy guy who stormed the graveyard, dug up the coffin and put a bullet through the franchise’s corpse just to make sure." -- From a review of Darren Aronofsky & Frank Miller's "Batman: Year One" script