Quote:

Pariah said:
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
well i know that the actual date of christ's birth is unknown or lost (assuming he existed at all, but that's not that point here). It was Constantine the first Christian emperor of Rome who decided to place a celebration for Christ on the winter solstice. This was to make the transition from paganism to christianity easier as they were already used to celebrating on that day anyway.
Historians think Constantine may have been less of a convert and more the wise ruler. He saw that Christianity was on the rise and would overtake pagans. So he introduced Christianity through Pagan imagery. Such as his seeing a vision of Jesus in the Sun (Sun God being a major God to the Pagans, and thus seen as an endorsement).

Anyway, that's all I remember from the documentary I saw. To learn more visit your local library. Or wait for Pariah to tell you how I'm wrong and that slavery is good for society.

Notice how r3x ignores my assertion and goes straight for "Historians say" and "documentary I saw".

I ignore your posts 90% of the time now. I only look at them really when you're quoting me.

Bow ties are coool.