Quote:

Pariah said:
You see, this is the funny part about the date-changing argument. While there are hundreds of pre-Constantine calenders that denote the birth of Christ being in Dec. 25, there has been neigh to no evidence indicating that the pagan holiday was even in December. I'm not saying the Pagans didn't convert over the holiday, but I find that there's more evidence that they conformed to the Catholic holiday date more than the Church did theirs.

A wise old Jesuit priest once told me that the entire myth of the Nativity of Christ was culled from Old Testament prophecies. When the first of the Gospels was written there was no one around that would actually remember the event so they put together this story. Like the OT says the Messiah would be born in Bethlaham despite all indication that he was a Galilean. No one knows the exact day or year he was born since there were no records of such things kept. The Jesuit went on to cite all the OT passages that made up the myth. But what would he know. He was just a Jesuit after all and we know how stupid they are, right Pariah?

For some reason Pariah wants you to believe that despite millinea of observation people hadn't noticed noticed the winter solistice. Imagine all those wasted tax dollars spent on building observatories that aligned with that event. Why would ancient people want to celebrate the return of the light? Beats me.