G-man, this should be moved to the Canada/Gay marriage thread

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:

No invasion of my rights and freedoms?

As I said in the Canada allows same-sex marriage topic, repeatedly, Canada has already outlawed the ability to publicly or on the airwaves criticize homosexuality. Which also means publicly or on the airwaves quoting the verses that condemn homosexual acts as immoral.
Those lobbying for similar expansions in U.S. law are treading on the Biblical concept of marriage, in addition to similar laws in the U.S. banning any Biblical objection to gays as a "hate-crime".

I know you don't share that perspective, but it is a valid argument.
That such liberal "freedoms" for gays are an invasion of my space and stealing from me, giving rights to gays while simultaneously taking rights and religious freedoms from Christians, and anyone else who objects to homosexuality and would publicly debate the issue.

Gradually eroding religious freedoms, but still seeking to twist the law to take away rights from me and every Christian.

No one is taking away your right to personal prejudice. You can say whatever you wish. It's the social acceptability of the remarks that's changing. You can still talk about the 'fuckin' niggers' or 'Jew bastards' if you want. You might find people shunning you, though. You object to the same thing happening with regards to queer folk.

You can preach against us if you want. But if you incite others to commit violent acts, you may have a problem.

Gay people mostly just want to live their lives in peace, without the threat of violence. Some want to form life relationships and sanctify them with marriage vows. No one is demanding that you or your church accept or participate in the process. There are many Christian and other churches that will.

Merry Christmas, Happy New year and a Super Saturnalia to you, Wonder Boy!