It's fuckin' über-beurocracy shit, I'm running into it at work myself now that the Pharm is growing and expanding. Suddenly if one person is a fucking moron, everyone has to have the same "safety" rules and regulations in place. People passing the buck turns into everyone getting fucked. For example, we used to be able to wear these blue surgical-quality masks if we wanted. It was good to keep down on dust inhalation while working with benign chemicals or if ya had a cold or something. Last week some fuckass said they thought it was sufficent protection against harmful airborn substances and used me wearing one as "proof" that it's okay. Now, I tell every new employee I see while wearing one that they are not protective and I am not wearing it for safety and make damn sure they understand that before I let up on it - just personal ass-covering so new folks don't die when we crack open the nasty stuff, you know? I even put a sign on the mask-box that said "THESE DO NOT PROTECT YOU" to be DAMN obvious about it. No dice, when I was used as an example by some REAL idiot, now they all got pulled. We gotta wear resperators or nothing. We have to wear hot, uncomfortable, bulky, obnoxious turtle-shell masks or breathe the air straight. Fuckin' knee-jerk reactions gettin' on my tits...

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"