Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
I think they should've added the menorah. It wouldn't have offended me at all. I'm sure somebody calvinist in some denomination might protest, but there really is no viable reason to exclude Judaism from a nominally Christian holiday. Jesus was Jewish. Almost all the first Christians were Jews. Put up the menorah already!

I know this is just asking for another "I went to seminary so I know everything there is about Calvinism so my understanding of Calvinism is absolute" but what the hell does this have anything to do with Calvinism?

Actually, I didn't go to seminary, but I had to take a chunk of courses normally found in many seminaries as general education requirements. I specifically put that in there to troll you out and make you angry, since it's so difficult to do that most of the time. There was absolutely zero chance I added that as a humorous aside for anyone else who might know what I was referring to.

OK, maybe I shouldn;t post late at night, when I'm sleepy, but it seems the first time I missed the sarcasm. When i first read this I thought you WERE saying you were trolling me out, but now on rereading it, it seems like you were just being sarcastic as though the only reason i would challenge your assertion was because I thought it was directed at me persoanlly. If I'm reading this correctly (and I may not be because I should be sleeping) you seem to be saying that it's a joke, but you still DO hold that the statement is acurate. So, you're not really denying that's what you believe, but at the same time ducking the possibility of defending your charge against someone who may acctually know a tad more about what Calvinists believe than yourself. Again, that's if I'm reading you correctly.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k