Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
This fucking thread gets highlighted on Front Page.......and not my Green Lantern thread.......fucking rob and his new goon stupid doog.......

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
If I may show my bias a little before I go. It really bothers me how it seems whenever I have a discussion with evolutionists they alwayse seem to ASSUME that educated people believe in Evolution while the uneduacted don't and they seldom have to "prove" anything to me, because if i was intellegent I'd believe as they do. Now if you all will excuse me i have to go re-read "The Emporers New Cloths".

Clothes.

And I know many Ph. D. scientists who believe in both Darwinian evolution and God. I have run into many religious scientists.

What bothers me is that so many assume that Darwinian evolution contradicts any kind of "God as creator" opinoins.

What's so offensive or wrong about the idea that God put the universe in motion and that science is Humanity's attempt to figure out what God was up to, how his processes operate?

I've run into alot of Ph. D. scientists who reject Darwinism , so what's your point? My point from the beginning is that when dealing with theories you can't turn to the Ph.D.s as the final authority because they haven't come up with a final conclusion. There are Ph.D.s who believe in Darwinism and there are those who regect it so we can't rest on "because the Ph.D.s say so" I'll also not that you've cleverly made the logic jump of equating darwinism with science in general and the rejection of one to the rejection of the other, shame, shame. I reject Darwinism and at teh same time consider science (I know research scientists who attend my church and worship along side me and are elders in the church as well) a very nobel cause. You ask what's offensive and I can reject darwinsism and at the same time assert that "God put the universe in motion and that science is Humanity's attempt to figure out what God was up to, how his processes operate."

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Quote:

britneyspearsatemyshorts said:
this shows your ignorance thats apples an oranges. a lawyer can give you advice on wehter something is legal or not a scientist is developing theories. there are scientists who do not believe in evolution, but i guess as with all you arguments you cant acknowledge that. but your ignorance is legendary.

Why don't you just stick to calling me a queer and making jokes. It's clearly what you're good at.

Wow, that was much better than responding to his legitimate challenge.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
You conviniently left out the rest of my post, because it addresses exactly this point, if we shouldn't listen to Pariah , then we sure as hell shouldn't listen to you.

Then don't.

I'm not here trying to sway anybody's opinion about anything.

But, being an open minded tollerant person I reject the notion of ignorring both of you (as the rest of the post you quoted denotes) and choose instead to listen to both sides of an argument and make up my mid from there.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Quote:

Pariah said:
If I knew you didn't actually read what I said posts ago I would have said this much earlier:

You are a fucking arrogant fucking motherfucker fucking fuck.....

You are entitled to your opinion. As am I.

And I'm arrogant? You title a thread "flaw in evolution" and *I'M* arrogant? Dude, take care of your own playpen first.

So it's arrogence now to even question or suggest a flaw in the Gospel according to Darwin? And I thought Southern Baptists were stubborn!

PJP #444602 2005-03-10 7:27 PM
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:
This fucking thread gets highlighted on Front Page.......and not my Green Lantern thread.......fucking rob and his new goon stupid doog.......

and don't you forget who's in charge! bitch!

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Quote:

Stupid Doog said:
Quote:

PJP said:

and don't you forget who's in charge! bitch!

sold out to the man.....

PJP #444604 2005-03-10 7:31 PM
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
I think the thread title is misleading. I don't see any "flaws in evolution". I see flaws in the interpretation and application of archaelogical findings. There's a difference. This would be like pointing out the numerous historical inaccuracies of the Bible and then deducing that God can't exist.

Science, like everything else, is only as "correct" as the people applying it.

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I had some beers the other night with God......so he does exist I can prove it.

PJP #444607 2005-03-10 7:40 PM
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:
he didn't look so intelligent at the end of the night when he asked me to pull his finger and he shat himself.

PJP #444608 2005-03-10 7:41 PM
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:
or whenver he saw a pretty waitress he kept pulling out his penis and asking them to give the son of God a kiss........that was a little embarassing.

PJP #444609 2005-03-10 7:41 PM
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:
it was kind of funny though when we left and saw some cops outside the place and he kept asking me real loud if I smelled Bacon.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

This would be like pointing out the numerous historical inaccuracies of the Bible

Since the debate isn't about that I'll simply say that I reject this premise.

As far as this being "flaws in evolution" evolution is nothing more that a theory. As a theory it has no flaws. It is a valid THEORY. What this thread attemps to demonstrate are flaws in the attempt to prove this theory.

PJP #444611 2005-03-10 7:43 PM
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:
I have a third leg.............but I never considered it a flaw......waka waka

PJP #444612 2005-03-10 7:43 PM
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
"God is a comedian playing to an audience to afraid to laugh."

I guess there's somewhat ironic that a French guy said that.

Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Quote:

Animalman said:
This would be like pointing out the numerous historical inaccuracies of the Bible and then deducing that God can't exist.

I challenge you to do just that. There are scientific concepts listed in the bible tht were otherwise unknown at the time of thier writing ('the earth is suspended on nothing,' 'he who dwells above the circle of the earth'...ect.) as well as historical figures who's existence archeology has only recently proven (Ponitias Pilot).

If karma's a bitch, it will be my bitch!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

This would be like pointing out the numerous historical inaccuracies of the Bible

But its okay to point out the flaws in evolution?

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Pariah Offline OP
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

Animalman said:
I think the thread title is misleading. I don't see any "flaws in evolution". I see flaws in the interpretation and application of archaelogical findings. There's a difference. This would be like pointing out the numerous historical inaccuracies of the Bible and then deducing that God can't exist.

Science, like everything else, is only as "correct" as the people applying it.

The archeological findings weren't the only things I listed (and I find that their bearing on the scietific community shows much flaw in current belief system). Still, noting those was to highlight the concordance with evolution's exhibition and how wrong scientists are for basing all of their theories on them. There's also the theories they were (still are) using to back up evolution listed as well.

P.S. I love the way you're trying to derail the subject into the credibility of theology, the technique is just brilliant.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Quote:

Animalman said:

you're lying.......if a French guy really said that he would've said something about surrendering.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

klinton said:
I challenge you to do just that. There are scientific concepts listed in the bible tht were otherwise unknown at the time of thier writing ('the earth is suspended on nothing,' 'he who dwells above the circle of the earth'...ect.) as well as historical figures who's existence archeology has only recently proven (Ponitias Pilot).

No thanks, I fell into that trap once. Not worth wasting my time yet again.

I've come to understand that when discussing things like politics and religion, most people simply won't have their minds changed. That's why I generally ignore topics like these now.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
me too.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
As far as this being "flaws in evolution" evolution is nothing more that a theory. As a theory it has no flaws. It is a valid THEORY. What this thread attemps to demonstrate are flaws in the attempt to prove this theory.

Then, as I said, the thread-title is misleading.

rex #444620 2005-03-10 7:52 PM
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

rex said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

But its okay to point out the flaws in evolution?

Apperantly NOT among this gaggle of Zealots!

I'll gladly elaborate on teh existence of God or the historicle accuracy of the scriptures in other threads. i just didn't want to get too far off topic. So start a thread called "The flaws of Scripture" and i'll join that debate.

Pariah Offline OP
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

Animalman said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:

Quite simply. Scientists have put so much faith and belief into these fossils, which have already been debunked, that they have become evolution--The very building blocks of the theory. And because these fossils don't work or resemble the way the theory is presented, there are flaws in the theory.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Animalman said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:

Only if you want to assign motive and nit-pick semantics (I say with all due respect )

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Animalman said:
Quote:

klinton said:

No thanks, I fell into that trap once. Not worth wasting my time yet again.

I've come to understand that when discussing things like politics and religion, most people simply won't have their minds changed. That's why I generally ignore topics like these now.

Translation:
Quote:

Can it bub, I only make the accusations here, I can't be arsed to defend them!

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Quote:

Animalman said:

Rue?

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Only if you want to assign motive and nit-pick semantics (I say with all due respect )

Call it whatever you please. The thread isn't really about the "flaws in evolution". That's the kind of title that you see when someone wants to start a fight.

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
proof that God exists and there is an intelligent creation for the universe...

I win...

Pariah Offline OP
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

Animalman said:
Call it whatever you please. The thread isn't really about the "flaws in evolution". That's the kind of title that you see when someone wants to start a fight.

Only to the ignorant...

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Animalman said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:

True, but it's also shorter than. "Flaws in the arceological findings that attemt to prove the yet unproven theory of evolution wich solely as a theory has no inherant flaw, but has yet to clear some distict hurdles in the demonstration process"

Some people choose brevity over technicall perfection.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Translation:
Quote:

Can it bub, I only make the accusations here, I can't be arsed to defend them!

I'm not accusing anyone. I don't think there's anything to accused over. It's not a big deal. Certainly nothing worth insulting me over.

This is a topic we've had so many times here, and nothing ever comes out of it. That's just the way it is.

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
I think the biggest problem with the theory of evolution is that there still has been no real evidence suggesting the need for an animal or organism to become a different species entirely..how does that happen?

adaptation is a real and viewable fact..it is proveable and makes complete sense.

But just how does an organism evolve an eye? Does the eye evolve over time or as a whole piece of functioning tissue? What is the purpose of an eye that doesn't work (not having several key componenets)? Evolution doesn't seem advantageous in practive..while adaptation does...supposing that evolution is just a series of consecutive massive adaptations doesn't make sense..why does a bacteria need to evolve into a fish when it works fine as a bacteria...???

I don't know..it's complicated...but I see no reason for "evolution" to exist as a biological function other than adaptations that adjust to a currently existing species and allow it to adjust to a new environment or stress of an environment.

Inglourious Basterd!!!
15000+ posts
Inglourious Basterd!!!
15000+ posts
I think Evolution is a big joke. It's stupid! I mean, how long are they going to let Triple H keep the title? Or are they gonna let Batista - who is crappy - win the title for a week until Triple H comes back from whatever vacation he's taking, then give it back to him. Two guys does not a successful franchise make! Even if Ric Flair - who should never wrestle again! - is the manager! GAH!!!

What? We're talking about the THEORY of Evolution??? Oh...never mind...

Guys, lighten up. Some of you believe in Creationism. Some of you believe in Evolution. Some of you put the two of them together in some way. Lighten up and stop shredding each other on personal levels. Let there be peace on Earth...even if we really can't see how it's tilted on its axis (no matter what PrincessElisa says).

Uschi said:
I won't rape you, I'll just fuck you 'till it hurts and then not stop and you'll cry.

MisterJLA: RACKS so hard, he called Jim Rome "Chris Everett." In Him, all porn is possible. He is far above mentions in so-called "blogs." RACK him, lest ye be lost!

"I can't even brush my teeth without gagging!" - Tommy Tantillo: Wank & Cry, heckpuppy, and general laughingstock

[Linked Image from i6.photobucket.com]
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
True, but it's also shorter than. "Flaws in the arceological findings that attemt to prove the yet unproven theory of evolution wich solely as a theory has no inherant flaw, but has yet to clear some distict hurdles in the demonstration process"

Some people choose brevity over technicall perfection.

Yes, that is shorter. However, I wasn't suggesting an alternate thread-title, just an acknowledgement of what the actual content of the inital post was. That way, perhaps there wouldn't have been so many pages wasted arguing over whether or not evolution could be "proven", or whether or not a theory could have a "flaw".

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
tell me about it.......the only reason I even clicked on this thread was I wanted to hear the latest news on Triple H.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

Pig Iron said:
I think the biggest problem with the theory of evolution is that there still has been no real evidence suggesting the need for an animal or organism to become a different species entirely..how does that happen?

adaptation is a real and viewable fact..it is proveable and makes complete sense.

Adaptation, essentially, is evolution. A kind of evolution, at least, along with speciation.

PJP #444635 2005-03-10 8:15 PM
The Swizzler....
6000+ posts
The Swizzler....
6000+ posts
Quote:

Animalman said:
This is a topic we've had so many times here, and nothing ever comes out of it. That's just the way it is.

Hey it's causing people to critically think Animals! To take what they've read and spin it around in their minds.

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
That was my point...I don't understand why adaptation on it's own isn't enough...I don't see the need for a creature to switch species...

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard