Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
OP Offline
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Seriously, those Red States that went for Bush are taking a major league pounding.
And he's using global warming and the fucking up of the wetlands to do it.

Bastard.

Bow ties are coool.
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
What about all the recent mud slides and forest fires in California? That was a blue state.

And, of course, your comments about "global warming" and the "wetlands" are assumptions of causes, not facts.

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Yes, but California's governor is Republican.

Me, I'm just glad the state I live in is all blue baby!

Knutreturns said: Spoken like the true Greatest RDCW Champ!

All hail King Snarf!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
But Louisiana's Governor is a Democrat. And so isn't the Mayor of New Orleans.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Yes and most of the people that were devastated or killed in the storms voted blue......r3x shut the fuck up.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Is he still in here?

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
OP Offline
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
Is he still in here?

I notice you never post any threads of your own, you seem to troll just looking for an excuse to mock me, when all I did was blame your god for killing people for political reasons.
Have you no shame?

Bow ties are coool.
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Mock you? If that's what I'm doing here, I'm wasting my time. You don't so much make my job easy as you do it for me. You, r3x, are, and have always been, a parody of yourself. You're the new JQ. The left's Pariah. The trouble is that it's not funny anymore.

Grow up.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
By the way, my threads in here - and generally everywhere else too - have been a hell of a lot more productive. A good eighty percent of the threads you've started have been a near total waste of time.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
OP Offline
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
Mock you? If that's what I'm doing here, I'm wasting my time. You don't so much make my job easy as you do it for me. You, r3x, are, and have always been, a parody of yourself. You're the new JQ. The left's Pariah. The trouble is that it's not funny anymore.

Grow up.

you had me at hello

Bow ties are coool.
betrayal and collapse
5000+ posts
betrayal and collapse
5000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
What about all the recent mud slides and forest fires in California? That was a blue state.

And, of course, your comments about "global warming" and the "wetlands" are assumptions of causes, not facts.

Regardless of whether you believe global warming to be an assumption, do you think that all of the pollution Man is causing is a good thing?

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:

Grow up.

you had me at hello

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

theory9 said:
Regardless of whether you believe global warming to be an assumption, do you think that all of the pollution Man is causing is a good thing?

No. But that's not the issue. The controversey is whether or not earth can handle us. Not if we do things that effect earth negatively. We do things like that every day--Because we have to.

betrayal and collapse
5000+ posts
betrayal and collapse
5000+ posts
What a homosexual statement.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
OP Offline
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
Quote:

theory9 said:

No. But that's not the issue. The controversey is whether or not earth can handle us. Not if we do things that effect earth negatively. We do things like that every day--Because we have to.

you're an idiot.
pollution is caused by greed and a lack of concern for future generations.
the earth is a living thing and any living thing has a limit to what it can handle.
in the last 100 years we've polluted the earth to such a terrible degree that if we don't work to reverse things now, we might not have a planet in another 100 years. but then by that point we'll all be dead so I guess it doesn't matter.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:you're an idiot.
the earth is a living thing and any living thing has a limit to what it can handle.
in the last 100 years we've polluted the earth to such a terrible degree that if we don't work to reverse things now, we might not have a planet in another 100 years. but then by that point we'll all be dead so I guess it doesn't matter.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem, Ray.

If YOU think the earth is that unable to handle human activity, stop contributing to that activity.

Stop using electricity and gas for non-essential uses.

Don't be a consumer. Refuse to buy items that aren't absolutely necessary for your survival.

Think you can, or are willing to, do that?

Or are you all talk?

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
OP Offline
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:you're an idiot.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem, Ray.

If YOU think the earth is that unable to handle human activity, stop contributing to that activity.

Stop using electricity and gas for non-essential uses.

Don't be a consumer. Refuse to buy items that aren't absolutely necessary for your survival.

Think you can, or are willing to, do that?

Or are you all talk?

the burden is on corporations. are you honestly telling me they can't make the same product for slightly more by figuring a way to cut out the toxic waste they dump?

corporations are the ones doing the polluting that is truly killing the planet. The ammount of waste I produce times 6 billion isn't the problem, corporate pollution is.

and, for the record, I have never driven a car and never plan to drive a car. i walk/bike/bus where i need to go.
i recycle my goods and have as of yet never dumped a ton of toxic waste into a river.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
How much electricity do you waste typing mindless chit chat on a computer?

How many NON-recycable, NONessential products do you buy?

How many of those products come from corporations?

You're part of the problem, not part of the solution.

What happened to "think globally, act locally", Ray?

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Funny thing is, if he was doing what you're suggesting, you'd call him a GADDAN HIPPAY.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I already assume him to be a goddam hippie. I'm just asking him to not be a hypocritical one.

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Perhaps we can all agree that pollution causes some degree of a problem. The highly publicized cases of Love Canal NY, Woburn MA, the case dramatized in Erin Brokovich, etc….

All human biologic and productive activities produce waste products. It becomes a problem when the ability of the environment to absorb that waste is exceeded. 1 car on a country road is not a problem. 3 or 4 million of them in a basin subject to inversion layers is. How do we allow the former while preventing the latter is the question.

IMHO it's a problem of property rights and wholly economic in nature. Pollution is an externallity, something which is external to the markets for goods and services and a product of them. It is the nature of the producers to reduce costs, a foundation of the goal of economic efficiency. The environment is a public good, one for which no person real or artificial has property rights. Disposal of wastes are a cost of production and one which producers seek to reduce. The environment is a place waste can be dumped with little or no cost so a rational man will utilize that resource. The result is that a portion of the cost of production is placed on the public without compensation. The price of the good does not reflect it's true cost of production. Remember folks, this is a zero sum game. The cost may not be reflected in the product price, it is realized elsewhere in the community. That maybe in the form of increased birth defects or higher asthma rates or even increased temperature levels (if you don't think heat is a problem, try taking off the heat sinks inside your computer).

The ultimate solution to problems of pollution is to internalize them back in the markets. Market forces combined with policing by the government (think cops protecting our common property) is the easiest way to do this. The right to pollute is a valuable commodity and it belongs to the public. Rather than prohibit activities by individual producers, we can sell them those rights in a market similar to the commodities market. This is already done in the case of coal fired electrical generation plants. Why not all products? Let the invisible hand work it's magic.

Waiting to hear a better idea.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
But if the govenrment is selling those rights, is the "invisible hand" really at work?

betrayal and collapse
5000+ posts
betrayal and collapse
5000+ posts
America will never be a pure capitalist society, so ideas such as pollution credits approach a balance between preserving the enviroment for future generations and allowing corporations to continue generating profit.

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
But if the govenrment is selling those rights, is the "invisible hand" really at work?

The government enforces our (the publics) rights. Much like the police protect your home from burglers. Pollution rights would be much like other intangible commodities, financial futures for example.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
OP Offline
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
How much electricity do you waste typing mindless chit chat on a computer?

how many civil rights have you suppressed on your computer?
computers don't use that much power, i save more on electricity by monitoring my light bulb usage than monitoring my computer usage.

Quote:

How many NON-recycable, NONessential products do you buy?

as i said before, what i buy and throw out is not the issue really. because an average person (even 6billion) won't destroy the earth.
companies that make the products knowing they're dangerous to nature and then dump their waste in nature are the problem.

Quote:

How many of those products come from corporations?

again, that's not the real issue. that's like saying how i don't like bush so i shouldn't pay taxes.
I have no choice.

Quote:

You're part of the problem, not part of the solution.

could i be better? yes. but, again, do i pollute the air with driving? no. do i dump waste into our lakes and streams? no.

Quote:

What happened to "think globally, act locally", Ray?

i think you're misplacing the quote. i didn't say that.
i'm far from perfect. i do what i can but don't feel bad about not doing more because i'm not a political activist or a go getter politician/corporate guy.
like i also said, i don't drive. i make the effort the walk and take my bike. an hour walk to work a day and then an hour walk home is a lot of effort to avoid pollution.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
computers don't use that much power, i save more on electricity by monitoring my light bulb usage than monitoring my computer usage.

Every little bit helps.

Quote:

as i said before, what i buy and throw out is not the issue really. because an average person (even 6billion) won't destroy the earth.
companies that make the products knowing they're dangerous to nature and then dump their waste in nature are the problem.

It's the market, Ray. If you patronize those corporations you are sending a message to them that it's okay to do what they do.

Morgan Spurlock's "Supersize Me" may be a flawed documentary, but at least he showed that big corporations, like McDonald's, are susceptable to consumer pressure. Consumers protested the supersized meals and McDonald's modified their menu.

If you think corporations are evil, don't patronize them. Buy only used goods, if necessary. Or make your own.

Quote:

do i dump waste into our lakes and streams? no.

You neither shit nor piss? Wow. Amazing. How long have you been holding it all in? That might explain you odd mental state.

betrayal and collapse
5000+ posts
betrayal and collapse
5000+ posts

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
I concur!

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
OP Offline
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:

Quote:

do i dump waste into our lakes and streams? no.

You neither shit nor piss? Wow. Amazing. How long have you been holding it all in? That might explain you odd mental state.

any shit and piss i put in our precious lakes and streams is not the same as dumping volatile chemicals into bambi's mouth.

god, you are such a cunt.

Bow ties are coool.
betrayal and collapse
5000+ posts
betrayal and collapse
5000+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
I concur!

But do you agree?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:any shit and piss i put in our precious lakes and streams is not the same as dumping volatile chemicals into bambi's mouth.

First off, the chemical composition of urine includes creatinine, sodium, potassium, chloride and acid.

Furthermore, as noted here, "a community's fecal matter carries all the diseases in that population...London's cholera epidemics were often centered upon just one or two public wells that were found to be contaminated by sewage leaking into them."

Therefore, every time you take a leak or a dump you, my friend, are causing pollution.

Finally, show me one example of one corporation going out into the wilderness, grabbing a deer, and shoving a batch of volatile chemicals into its mouth.

If that's what you think corporations do, then how can you, in good conscience, support them through your purchases.

As noted before, Ray, you're part of the problem, not part of the solution.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
OP Offline
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:any shit and piss i put in our precious lakes and streams is not the same as dumping volatile chemicals into bambi's mouth.

First off, the chemical composition of urine includes creatinine, sodium, potassium, chloride and acid.

Furthermore, as noted here, "a community's fecal matter carries all the diseases in that population...London's cholera epidemics were often centered upon just one or two public wells that were found to be contaminated by sewage leaking into them."

Therefore, every time you take a leak or a dump you, my friend, are causing pollution.

Finally, show me one example of one corporation going out into the wilderness, grabbing a deer, and shoving a batch of volatile chemicals into its mouth.

If that's what you think corporations do, then how can you, in good conscience, support them through your purchases.

As noted before, Ray, you're part of the problem, not part of the solution.

you're a major douche, i'm just getting that.

i'm not a plague carrier and you're picking at semantics bullshit but i doubt you do shit.
let me ask you: do you drive? if you do (and don't have some disability) then you're doing more damage than i do.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I'm not the one who thinks we're destroying the planet, Ray. You are.

I'm not the one who thinks corporations are evil, Ray. You are.

Therefore, whether or not I drive or whether I patronize those corporations is irrelevant.

The only issue is why are you such a hypocrite, causing all this pollution and supporting corporations that you think are evil.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
you're an idiot.

That's great r3x. I'm sure you'll do fine without medical supplies, means of transportation, since it's all for earth's fragile state that you're sacrificing those things for.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
OP Offline
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
I'm not the one who thinks we're destroying the planet, Ray. You are.

we are. and the big problem now is corporate pollution. my using lightbulbs will not change their practices.
once we get rid of the nest of corporate pollution, then we can really focus on the few stray bees in our own habits.

and again, i don't drive and am conservative (you heard it) when it comes to home electrict usage (lightbulbs, fridge etc.)

Quote:

I'm not the one who thinks corporations are evil, Ray. You are.

then, you're an idiot. remove large multinational corporations and you have smaller corporations who are more accountable.
smaller and more diverse corporations that would need to be honest or risk alienating any buyers.

Quote:

Therefore, whether or not I drive or whether I patronize those corporations is irrelevant.

so you honestly don't think corporations pollute with more volume and devestation than the average man?
you don't think that cars pollute the air and the oil has lead to costly wars that kill millions?

Quote:

The only issue is why are you such a hypocrite, causing all this pollution and supporting corporations that you think are evil.

and again, if you actually read my earlier posts you would see the tax analogy.
i don't like bush but have no other choice than to pay taxes.

i'm only a hypocrite if i had advocated living only on one of those ecofarms or were dumping toxic waste into nature.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
You have plenty of choices regarding your desire (not need) to patronize large corporations, Ray.

Unless you use only what you need, bare minimum, to survive, you are a voluntary consumer. Unlike taxes, the federal government does not REQUIRE you to shop for nonessentials. Those are all voluntary acts on your part.

Furthermore, the government does not require you to buy nonessential products directly from corporations. You could, as noted above, buy used products, which results in no profit to the corporations. You could also buy only natural products.

You're voting with your checkbook, Ray. And every time you buy a nonessential item your vote is FOR corporations.

In other words, you're a corporate stooge, Ray.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
OP Offline
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
You have plenty of choices regarding your desire (not need) to patronize large corporations, Ray.

Unless you use only what you need, bare minimum, to survive, you are a voluntary consumer. Unlike taxes, the federal government does not REQUIRE you to shop for nonessentials. Those are all voluntary acts on your part.

Furthermore, the government does not require you to buy nonessential products directly from corporations. You could, as noted above, buy used products, which results in no profit to the corporations. You could also buy only natural products.

You're voting with your checkbook, Ray. And every time you buy a nonessential item your vote is FOR corporations.

lets see.
i got the cable not owned by rupert murdoch.
i don't eat at big chain fast food.
i smoke imported tobacco with few of the extra chemicals in american shit.

i make my choices here and there. but i don't really buy that much beyond essentials. the only thing you can really say i buy that i don't need is comics from Time-Warner and Marvel (whoever the hell owns them).

you, on the other hand clearly support a man who has allowed corporate greed and less pollution standards for air and water.

so...i guess i'm still the hypocrite because i don't like bush.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

It's still owned by a corporation. Are you now backing off on the premise that corporations are evil?

Quote:

Of all the corporations you want to give a pass to, you pick THE TOBACCO COMPANIES?

Most people put them ahead of even "big oil" on the corporate wrongdoer list.

Quote:

Which only proves you understand that to patronize a corporation you disagree with is hypocritical.

And you list doesn't even begin to touch all the other nonessential purchases you probably make in your life: DVDs, CDS (both made from plastic, therefore, fossil fuels), computers, computer printer ink, junk food, sports clothing, action figures, etc. All feeding the corporate beast you claim to hate.

You think Bush should spend millions of our dollars to attack these corporations, but you can't even be bothered to withhold a few measley bucks of your own money from them?

You're a hypocrite, Ray.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
OP Offline
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Quote:

It's still owned by a corporation. Are you now backing off on the premise that corporations are evil?

are you retarded? i know you think you're so clever, but this isn't traffic court i know where the yellow line and road apples are.
i chose cable not owned by a man i find to be loathsome and evil.

Quote:

Of all the corporations you want to give a pass to, you pick THE TOBACCO COMPANIES?
Most people put them ahead of even "big oil" on the corporate wrongdoer list.

that's because people are stupid and use smoking as a scapegoat to ignore the thousands of other deadly habits we engage in.
oil causes wars, tobacco companies do not (recently).

Quote:

Which only proves you understand that to patronize a corporation you disagree with is hypocritical.

And you list doesn't even begin to touch all the other nonessential purchases you probably make in your life: DVDs, CDS (both made from plastic, therefore, fossil fuels), computers, computer printer ink, junk food, sports clothing, action figures, etc. All feeding the corporate beast you claim to hate.

you're an idiot. i'm saying corporations are bad because of the decisions they make.
you turn that into a love it or leave idea. as if corporations can't possibly do anything to improve themselves.
and in this world, computers are essential. and i don't buy dvds/cds.

Quote:

You think Bush should spend millions of our dollars to attack these corporations, but you can't even be bothered to withhold a few measley bucks of your own money from them?

that's like saying superman shouldn't be expected to fight king kong because one citizen in metropolis won't pluck out one of its toenails.

Quote:

You're a hypocrite, Ray.

you're supposed to be a lawyer. look up the word hypocrite and then post exact quotes where i said we needed to live on ecofarms or else.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

this isn't traffic court

Ray is making traffic court jokes. That's always a sign he's getting desperate.

Quote:

in this world, computers are essential.

Bullshit. More than forty percent of American households don't own a computer. If they were "essential" that would not be the case. Again, that's a consumerist choice on your part, nothing more.\

Quote:

...superman...King Kong...toenails...blah blah

Your Superman analogy fails. You want Bush to fight corporations but your, yourself, like to feed them. A better analogy would be that you expect Superman to fight King Kong, but still want to be able to feed bananas to the big ape so he's big and strong for the fight.

You put voluntarily put money in the coffers of corporations you think are evil. That money helps those corporations commit the very acts you find evil. That's hypocrisy, in traffic court or any where else.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard