Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

And please, don't tell me "We only have Christmas because of Christ.

You're absolutely right, CHRISTmas has little or nothing to do with CHRIST. Infact I'm sure we'd have CHRISTmas even if there was no CHRIST. I think the reason we have CHRISTmas is because of some guy named Steve. CHRISTmas is latin for "Steve's Mass" It wasn't untill the 50s when people were putting God in the pledge and on our money that someone niticed that coincidently the Latin word for Steve sounded like the religious term Christ.

The name is not the issue. Obviously Christmas was named with Christ as the reason.
But several religions have a holiday season during that time. In fact Christmas was placed there-not due to Christ's birth which they didn't know exactly-to accomodate the Pagan's Winter Solstice.

Jim said Christmas just like Dean said we can't win just like Kerry said our troops terrorise women and children. Do you people ever stick by what you say?

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k