Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
I'm currious, you have such a strong opinion on this I can only assume you're well versed on teh subject. I seem to have forggotten the criteria that was used to select teh wire taps, could you please remind me.

From your post's I took it that you too have a strong opinion yourself. And you should, everybody should. We're talking about a fundamental shift in power for our elected leader that won't end after this President's final term is over. For the government to listen in on American citizens a judge was required. If there was no time to get one the government could start one & get a judge to OK it later. Last year Bush even stated that they still needed to do that for wiretaps. Obviously that wasn't true. As it stands now he's wiretapping without a judge involved at all & informed a couple members of congress that this was being done. Those that he told couldn't do anything about it one way or the other because of secrecy rules. There is no oversight beyond what the White House decides to give on this wiretapping. If this is left "as is" eventually a President is going to abuse that power. Congress needs to fix this, so that what needs to be done gets done but in a way that doesn't cut off the other branches of government. I'm not looking for them to impeach Bush but just to set things right.

So what is your take on all this?

Fair play!