Quote:

M E M, that argument has already been disproven.

WBAM and G-man have both pointed out that the warrants were overly cumbersome and difficult to acquire quickly enough, without needlessly overwhelming the court with warrants, and revealing the surveilance to the terrorists, and causing them not to use phones where they can be overheard.
As is the case now, that the tapping of phone calls to Muslims overseas has been leaked by the media.

True it's been stated by the White House that warrants were cumbersome & difficult to acquite quickly enough but why exactly? We need Congress to see what backs the claim up. Calling something cumbersome isn't proof & the claims about time are hard to believe at face value since FISA allows a wiretap to be started first with court approval coming later How exactly can you get any faster than retroactive approval? FISA proceedings are not held publicly & I'm unaware of any history of FISA judges leaking out sensitive information. It's fair to say skipping over those judges didn't keep sensitive information from being leaked.

Quote:

...In the age of cel phones, and again as WBAM and G-man have pointed out abundantly, in a time of war, our government should have the authorization to do what is necessary to acquire intelligence and prevent terrorism, to save the lives of U.S.soldiers and civilians.

Well and I agree. Congress can still hold some type of closed investigation to see what the NSA has been doing & make changes that restores the checks & balances without hindering their work.

I'll skip your usual Dem bashing. You'll have to find somebody else to play those games.

Fair play!