Well, the original suggestion (as I understood it, and I always am wrong) was that the "cospiracy" had to be a theme recurring in the whole serie and not to be solved in this story, while good storytelling (afaik) would call to have a lesser mystery discovered in this story, or at last have the heroes have a partial success (my idea was them "cleaning up" the temple, finding something that shows that the cospiracy exist and why, at some degree, is connected to Doug).

Now, I am cool with the climax, actually I am amazed at your skills, I am excited to see Viper coming back and I am very happy to see your magic brought back to our stories; just, insted of simply saying that this was a trap, why don't you find a way to connect the faceless mystery cospiracy to the Draco group?

IMO, having two hidden global groups pulling the strings over governments lessens the concepts (plus is old, we did it to death with the Hoods and Capes in the last four years), I would prefer to have just one (it makes it much more powerful and seemingly undefeatable).

It's just a suggestion, but I think it would make to keep a consistent storytelling at the story per story bases, instead of just starting with a concept, leave it at middle road and taking up with something else...