Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

magicjay38 said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:

i wonder if you're ignorant to how small a percentage of pro-lifers are anti-cotraception or if you're just lying to strenthen your position.

Excuse me Monkey-man, but If memory serves, the largest anti-abortion orginization in the USA is the Roman Catholic Church. They are also strongly opposed to any form of contraception. How about I choose Door Number Three: I'm right!

i wonder if you're ignorant to how small a percentage of pro-lifers are anti-cotraception or if you're just lying to strenthen your position.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
You know perhaps the point is being missed here. This wouldn't even be an issue if people were responsible with thier genitals.

I have been with my fiancee for ten years now. Maybe more.

I wear a condom because I don't wan't to father a baby. If for some reason do not have a condom, I abstain. Or I jerk off!!!

Don't get me wrong, I know condoms are not perfect. I also know accidents happen.

But c'mon this is the twenty first century, use a contraceptive or don't fuck.

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

magicjay38 said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:

Excuse me Monkey-man, but If memory serves, the largest anti-abortion orginization in the USA is the Roman Catholic Church. They are also strongly opposed to any form of contraception. How about I choose Door Number Three: I'm right!

I made a statement you say I'm wrong. The burden of proof lies with you, I'm not going to prove myself wrong. I call you, WBAM, waddaya got?

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Acctually the burdon of proof is technically yours. When you assert something it's not up to others to prove you wrong or accept what you say, it's up to you to prove your assertion, sorry, but that's the way debates work.

But I'll take that burden up for you and as far as ignorance ot lying, I'll give you the benifit of the doubt and assume it's ignorance.

If you want to call the Catholic Church a pro-life orginization (I think it's an orginisation that happens to be pro-life, but wasn't orginised for that purpouse, but I'll give it to you anyway) then you can call the protestant church one too. The Catholic Church does NOT represent a majority in the pro-life movement. That having been said, even if it were your assertion would still be false, because while it's been the opinion of the church that contreception is wrong, it has not been the opinion of a majority of Catholics. So your characterisation of ALL pro-lifers as thinking contreception as well as sex in general is a sin is bogus, but then I don't know that you care.

Oh and so that this debate is on a level you can participate in..... here's a banana!

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
Uschi Offline OP
faggot
15000+ posts
OP Offline
faggot
15000+ posts
Quote:

Ultimate Jaburg53 said:
You know perhaps the point is being missed here. This wouldn't even be an issue if people were responsible with thier genitals.

I wear a condom because I don't wan't to father a baby. If for some reason do not have a condom, I abstain. Or I jerk off!!!

Don't get me wrong, I know condoms are not perfect. I also know accidents happen.

I'd respond in agreement but someone might hold you responsable for it. So I won't.

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
It's ok. I don't mind.

Uschi Offline OP
faggot
15000+ posts
OP Offline
faggot
15000+ posts
I know two women (indirectly) who treat abortion as a valid form of birth control. I know that abortions increase the risk of vag cancer but I hope they don't die of it. I hope someone else does just to prove that karma is bullshit and God is inactive.

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
because while it's been the opinion of the church that contreception is wrong, it has not been the opinion of a majority of Catholics.

Where do you get this from exactly?

Quote:

So your characterisation of ALL pro-lifers as thinking contreception as well as sex in general is a sin is bogus, but then I don't know that you care.

Catholics don't think "sex in general" is a sin.

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Quote:

PCG342 said:
Bio II.
Let me get my book tomorrow.

Try doing some research on this site. It'll open you're eyes as to what life's like on the inside (ie from the point of view from the unborn child).

http://www.mccl.org/stages1.htm

YES! The unborn baby is alive from the moment of fertilization.
YES! The unborn baby has a heartbeat at three weeks and brain waves at six weeks.
YES! The unborn baby is complete! He or she is programmed from the inside for an ongoing process of growth and development.
YES! The unborn baby has 46 chromosomes in the cells of his or her body -- the scientifically verifiable human genetic code.
YES! the answer is clear... You were you from the moment of fertilization -- a unique human being never to be repeated in all of history.

Nothing magic occurs at birth which suddenly makes an unborn baby human. The baby is the same baby, whether inside or outside the uterus.

Every unborn baby is a complete, individual, living human being from the earliest moment of his or her existence at fertilization.

Last edited by Batwoman; 2006-01-30 3:54 AM.

It's a rented tux ok? I'm not going comando in another man's fatigues.
1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Quote:

Uschi said:
I know two women (indirectly) who treat abortion as a valid form of birth control. I know that abortions increase the risk of vag cancer but I hope they don't die of it. I hope someone else does just to prove that karma is bullshit and God is inactive.

Abortion Methods: Most abortions are suction curettage abortions. A sharp-edged plastic tube is inserted into the uterus. It cuts the unborn baby into pieces. A suction machine, many times more powerful than a vacuum cleaner, sucks out the pieces of the baby and the placenta. In later abortions, sharp instruments are used to cut the unborn baby out of the uterus piece by piece, or powerful chemicals are used to induce labor and death.

FACTS:

The reasons why almost all abortions are done....

Social or "Birth Control" reasons account for approximately 93 percent of all abortions. The so-called "hard cases" of rape, incest, health of the baby and threat to life or health of the mother account for less than 7 percent of all abortions.16

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Batwoman said:

The reasons why almost all abortions are done....

Social or "Birth Control" reasons account for approximately 93 percent of all abortions. The so-called "hard cases" of rape, incest, health of the baby and threat to life or health of the mother account for less than 7 percent of all abortions.16

I'm willing to believe 93 percent of abortions are preventable by assuming personal resposibility.

Parenting and poor education are to blame.

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Oh so people over 30 that use abortions as a form of birth control have "parenting and poor education" to blame?

Get over yourself!

My high school looked like a freaking maternity ward at times and we all had to sit through a manditory sex ed class which was what you're already taught by then, plus talked birth control. In addition to this, we all had to sit through a class on nothing but birth control.

"parenting and poor education" have nothing to do with it. It's called people are too frickin lazy and irresponsible and immature to use contraception. If you're with someone who refuses to use contraception, then DON'T HAVE SEX!. Its as simple as that. If the peson says they'll breakup with you because of it, big freaking deal! They weren't worth your time if that's the case.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
And you don't think you were poorly educated about sex?

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Quote:

Batwoman said:
Oh so people over 30 that use abortions as a form of birth control have "parenting and poor education" to blame?

Get over yourself!

My high school looked like a freaking maternity ward at times and we all had to sit through a manditory sex ed class which was what you're already taught by then, plus talked birth control. In addition to this, we all had to sit through a class on nothing but birth control.

"parenting and poor education" have nothing to do with it. It's called people are too frickin lazy and irresponsible and immature to use contraception. If you're with someone who refuses to use contraception, then DON'T HAVE SEX!. Its as simple as that. If the peson says they'll breakup with you because of it, big freaking deal! They weren't worth your time if that's the case.

What? Common sense...may not be common? It is learned from the environment and input from others and is learned that way as well. I fail to understand how being over 30 has anything to do with it since most learned behavior and personality is gained by age 7. So, it has everything to do with life education and parenting. Not 100%, but certainly 90%..The other 10% I'll lend to the soul/spirit or whatever...

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Ultimate Jaburg53 said:

Your point is not well made.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Catholics don't think "sex in general" is a sin.

I wasn't trying to say they did.

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
There's a difference between legal rights and scientific evidence.

That's an odd statement for lawyer to make. There was no hidden agenda in my question. I thought you might know off the top of your head. I can find the information elsewhere if you don't know.

As for WBAM, he truly resides on the Planet of the Apes. Come back to earth, WBAM, "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".

Last edited by magicjay38; 2006-01-30 8:50 PM.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Ultimate Jaburg53 said:
Not only do I believe we should have abortion and execution we should also have programs of sterilization and euthanize elderly and sick who ask for it.

Did you see Star Trek 5?

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Quote:

Batwoman said:

Get over yourself!

So I guess your state has restrictive abortion policies? Why else would you have had all those pregnant teenagers in your school?

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
New York has liberal abortion laws and, until about ten years ago, a very high right of unwed mothers, including teenagers.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Ultimate Jaburg53 said:

I don't dispute any of this one bit. There is, however, a part of me that worries that national awareness of Roe v. Wade strengthens peoples' realization, perhaps unconsciously, that mistaken pregnancies can be dealt with expediently and privately. This is simply a personal opinion, I have no data to suggest that it's true.

We all wear a green carnation.
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Wow, the main point of this topic surely took a turn.

As far as abortion goes, I don't even get into the whole when life starts debate. To me, it's not the issue. It's about a woman's right to choose what to do with her body. And she made her choice when she engaged in consensual sex. Actions come attached with consequences and responsibilities. One such responsibility is to carry the fetus to term and then either take care of a growing child as it matures or take the necessary actions to place that child into the hands of someone who will. I, of course, make exceptions for instances of rape or when the mother's life is in danger. It's all about responsibility. Everything else is just bullshit, ideological debate fodder.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Quote:

Ultimate Jaburg53 said:

this makes abosulutly no sense at all. I just said I (and everyone else in my high school) had a good sex education. If not before we went to high school then after we got there.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Well, if you say your High School was still a make shift maternity ward don't you think, just maybe somebody should have done a better job?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Quote:

Ultimate Jaburg53 said:

I don't dispute any of this one bit. There is, however, a part of me that worries that national awareness of Roe v. Wade strengthens peoples' realization, perhaps unconsciously, that mistaken pregnancies can be dealt with expediently and privately. This is simply a personal opinion, I have no data to suggest that it's true.

No, I wish.

The problem is probably just as simple as irresposibility.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I bet if you ask people about roe vs wade these days the will think you are talking about a canoe.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

magicjay38 said:
Quote:

Batwoman said:

Get over yourself!

So I guess your state has restrictive abortion policies? Why else would you have had all those pregnant teenagers in your school?

wonder if you're ignorant to the corrilation between the rise of abortion and teegage and out of wedlock births or if you're just lying to strenthen your position.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

magicjay38 said:
It doesn't mater Jim. You've failed a litmus test and I've been forced to report you to the dogma committee of the Vast Liberal Conspiracy. They'll come for you soon.

I'm the tall guy with the thinning hair. Be sure to point me out to them, wouldn't want someone else punished in my stead.

Quote:

Like many others abortion is a hot button issue for me as are women's rights. I'm sorry for my haste on misjudging your position on capital punishment. My experience is similar to your own. Being a father has been the most rewarding thing I've ever done and I love kids in general. But people should be ready to have children not have their lives driven by an accidental pregnancy.

Their lives don't have to be driven. They get through the pregnancy, turn the baby over to others will care for it, and move on.

Quote:

Ultimately the issue comes down to sex.

I don't see it that way at all, and as Steve T., our friendly neighborhood hairy Briton, noted, my statement belie that point. Clearly I do not mutually advocate an anti-sex/anti-abortion position. Hello, Liberal Queer here!

Quote:

The 'Life begins at conception' crowd you associate yourself with also believes that The Pill and the morning after pill should be removed from the market because they are fetuscidal. They prevent implantation of a fertilized egg. Do you also favour the removal of the most effective contraceptives from the market? Do you oppose RU-486? Or is it just surgical abortion you find so abhorant?

Interesting points, I'll have to think about them.

Quote:

I want my own child to have control over her body and her life, not some Xtian fundy whose beliefs I find repulsive.

I want my children to make smart decisions with their bodies and be responsible for the consequences of their consciously chosen actions.

We all wear a green carnation.
1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Quote:

Ultimate Jaburg53 said:
Well, if you say your High School was still a make shift maternity ward don't you think, just maybe somebody should have done a better job?

again you're not making any sense. You've gone from saying poor education and parenting is the cause of 93% of abortions, to blaming people for a lack of education on teen pregnancies.

make up your mind.

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:

wonder if you're ignorant to the corrilation between the rise of abortion and teegage and out of wedlock births or if you're just lying to strenthen your position.

That sentence makes no sense. And stop calling me a lier, or did you mean for me to sit up?

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
Quote:

Batwoman said:
Quote:

Ultimate Jaburg53 said:

again you're not making any sense. You've gone from saying poor education and parenting is the cause of 93% of abortions, to blaming people for a lack of education on teen pregnancies.

make up your mind.

poorly educated and lacking education are different, but still, neither is very effective. either way the child/teenager is not getting the proper education. i would file poor or lack of, teaching on pregnancy and teen pregnancy under poor education/lack of by parents and educators. though i do not think that even the proper education will solve it. teenagers as a whole are rebellious and tend to have that not me kinda approach. i do think it would help. not to say it isn't effective.

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
That still makes no sense. Obviously they had the education and knew where babies came from and how to avoid having them. They had sex and got pregnant anyway.

So what does this have to do with the 93% abortions?

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
Quote:

Batwoman said:

make up your mind.

again, lack of proper education falls under the poor education and parenting. going to class, knowing how to get pregnant, and not, does not stop it. teach them how to avoid situations, and how to get birth control and avoid peer pressure would help, as well as parents limiting the opportunity for sex, or make birth control and condoms availible.
so i would say that the lack of education on teen pregnancies would make up part of the poor education and parenting he spoke of. while, i do not know about the 93%, teenagers are gonna find ways but there is definetly more that could be done by both teachers and parents, including better education on teen pregnancies

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Enough of this intellectual, moralistic bullshit! Fuck who you want when you want and if some accident happens, scrape it out or keep it, it's the woman's choice. The go out an fuck some more!

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
Quote:

magicjay38 said:
Enough of this intellectual, moralistic bullshit! Fuck who you want when you want and if some accident happens, scrape it out or keep it, it's the woman's choice. The go out an fuck some more!

well, if a women chooses to do that repeatedly, and has no problem with it, that's up to her. she is the one having to live with it.

I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

thedoctor said:
Wow, the main point of this topic surely took a turn.

As far as abortion goes, I don't even get into the whole when life starts debate. To me, it's not the issue. It's about a woman's right to choose what to do with her body. And she made her choice when she engaged in consensual sex. Actions come attached with consequences and responsibilities. One such responsibility is to carry the fetus to term and then either take care of a growing child as it matures or take the necessary actions to place that child into the hands of someone who will. I, of course, make exceptions for instances of rape or when the mother's life is in danger. It's all about responsibility. Everything else is just bullshit, ideological debate fodder.

Uschi Offline OP
faggot
15000+ posts
OP Offline
faggot
15000+ posts
Doc- the main point of the thread has been addressed completely (in so far as we all seem to want to address it). If you still want to say something about it though, that's cool. I'm game.

Why are ~93% of abortions used as birth control? My guess is also personal irresponsability. The education is there. If people really gave a shit about it they would take precautions and be smart about their actions. People, for the most part, don't give a shit. I think that's the long and the short of it.

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Quote:

big_pimp_tim said:
Quote:

Batwoman said:

make up your mind.

again, lack of proper education falls under the poor education and parenting. going to class, knowing how to get pregnant, and not, does not stop it. teach them how to avoid situations, and how to get birth control and avoid peer pressure would help, as well as parents limiting the opportunity for sex, or make birth control and condoms availible.
so i would say that the lack of education on teen pregnancies would make up part of the poor education and parenting he spoke of. while, i do not know about the 93%, teenagers are gonna find ways but there is definetly more that could be done by both teachers and parents, including better education on teen pregnancies

You're a complet and utter idiot you know that? You keep saying "lack of education falls under the poor education and parenting" yet that has nothing to do with pregnancies.

People who get pregnant and have abortions do so because they know where babies come from. They know of effective forms of birth conrtol and they also know where to get it. THEY DON'T GIVE A RIP ABOUT ANY OF THAT, THEY HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX AND USE ABORTIONS AS A FORM OF BIRTH CONTROL.

Again, you have not said anything that makes sense.

As for parents keeping their kids from having sex, here's a news flash moron, people will have sex no mater the age, no matter the restrictions. If they're that set about doing it,they'll find a way. The only way to prevent kids from having sex is with a chastity belt or to raise the kid in a buble. But neither of those things are options and I'm sure if the kid's determined enough, they'll find ways out of the belt and bubble.

Last edited by Batwoman; 2006-01-31 1:52 AM.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard