Quote:

Eurostar said:
...something I am all for. Sincerely, I would have much more fun at wrting Vanguard again than the Tabula Rasa story...

I think that is what was the problem with the HR universe. I think there was too much attention and influence put on the old MBL and TOMB writings. The old guard kept hearkening back to the old stories and kept rehashing old characters, settings, and plots. That got very troubling when half (at one point even more than half) of the writers in the group weren't a part of those things. And damn near everyone got caught up in the same things over and over again. There was little attempt at trying something new and different. Which is why I started Tabula Rasa, as it seems that most had tired of that.

I say that experimenting is good for you. Try something new. If it doesn't work, toss it aside and attempt something else. We were getting stale with Vanguard and the whole HR universe. I believe the history of the stories made it harder to branch out and try new things within the same universe that what we'd already done had taken place. I also think that connecting a new universe with the old in any way like Pro and Mxy were beginning to do would have just lead to the same problems.

If you're not digging the new stuff, go back and write Vanguard or the MBL or TOMB. In the end, those stories weren't Mxy's dreams. They were all of our dreams. If you're still dreaming of that universe, then continue on in it. My dreams are somewhere else right now.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."