I liked the new version, but not better (or worse) then the non-Donner Superman II. Some of the scene transitions in the new version were choppy, and some of the scenes themselves were too screen test-y. The way Lois finds out Clark is Superman (with the gun) was humorous, but the old version had more emotion. Using the spin around the world again? But it's so much better than the super-kiss. Thank God the stupid extra powers weren't in Donner's cut. The laser finger, vanishing Superman act, and cellophane S were gay. I liked the lost Brando footage, including Clark's conversation while Lois looked on. The new version's "redemption" scene was more believable, but lacked some of the emotion of the old version ("FATHER!!!"). The beginning recap of the old version was better to sit through. And no Lois in Paris? I liked that scene! I also liked Lois throwing herself in the river while in Niagra Falls. But really, Donner's cut is like a different movie and really does help Superman Returns make more sense...except for how the fortress comes back.