Originally Posted By: rex
I got superman/doomsday from netflix the day it came out. I feel its my duty to society to keep others from watching it.

I saw it this week and I can understand why. First, the superficial: The animation was crap and the voices were awful! Everyone looked like an emaciated version of their JLU/animated Superman version of themselves. And what the fuck was up with the lines on Supes' face? Were they trying to show that he has cheek bones or something? Because it didn't work at all - everytime he was on screen I was mentally trying to erase those lines - they were ugly and distracting. As for the voices - I love James Marsters, but as Luthor his voice just didn't work. When you think of how majestic and commanding Clancy Brown's voice was...well, anything less is going to pale. Anne Heche - I loathe her, but that aside, her voice had a high pitched, squeakiness to it that ruined Lois for me - I kept thinking about how awful she sounded. Adam Baldwin's voice was just ok as Supes.

I don't even know where to begin with the story. I am not a Superman fan by any stretch of the imagination, and even I realized that this wasn't close to the original storyline. I get that in 72 minutes there was only so much they could have included, so the absence of things like the 4 supermen wasn't a suprise, but still... things like Lois sleeping with Superman, but not knowing that he was Clark?!?! WTF?! And Luthor being behind Doomsday? Is that what really happened? (I don't know, I don't read Supes) I seem to recall hearing a different version... The only thing that made some sense - and only because I am an on/off reader of Teen Titans - is that Luthor does some sort of cloning - Superboy DNA was a 50/50 split between Luthor and Supes, so I assume that maybe that the cloning did happen in the comics...

Superman/Doomsday just reinforces the fact that the quality of the current animated shows (I don't include the Fleisher Superman stuff, as that was in a class by itself) has plummeted at a stupifying rate since the B:TAS/JLU/Late '90's Superman animation ended. I realize that the bar was set incredibly high by these shows, but one look at The Batman and all the animated superhero shows confirms this fact - its almost like, "why did they even bother?"

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi