Page 2 of 2 1 2
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Grimm
you're too young to know good art. ;\)

not again...

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm seriously thinking of dropping the Superman books.The stories have been lackluster and sporadic.I generally respect Geoff Johns as a writer but the whole "Let's turn Clark Kent back into a buffoon with no explanation." sticks in my craw.I ain't no John Byrne flag waver but I liked that he gave Clark a real personality and made him a successful reporter,not an identity to hide behind.Respect from his family and his peers were due to him from his accomplishments at the Daily Planet and a novelist as much as his deeds as Superman.I call shenanigans on DC.Not that they changed him but because there was no "start" for it.They should've had an issue that said "From here on this is how it's gonna be".I could deal with that then.Maybe "Final Crisis" will resolve it,though I doubt it.

It's a dog eat dog world & I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Damn you and your lemonade!!

Booooooooooooooobs.
whomod Offline OP
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
OP Offline
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
I sort of agree with Allan but not because I happen to not like this new interpretation, but because they seem to be retconning too much stuff on the sly.

As the Superman books have been near incomprehensible to me since the Loeb days, every new retcon to me feels as if I've somehow missed some crucial issue and leaves me scratching my head even more than I've already been.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Grimm
Eric Powell. did the Escape from Bizarro World arc during his break from The Goon. he's also done a shitload of covers for Marvel and DC in addition to winning numerous awards for The Goon.

Ah. Didn't know.

Quote:
whereas Morrison is just regurgitating more Silver Age crap.

Well, I see where you're coming from. However, I'm into it. In my view, there's a diff between regurgitation and reinvention. Morrison's stories are from the heart. Geoff Johns and his ilk are from the nostalgia centers of their ass. Morrison's doing this in a non-continuity book. John & Co. are trying to overlay their Silver Age beliefs on the mainstream books. Therein lies the difference for me...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard