Originally Posted By: Captain Sweden
 Originally Posted By: whomod
Ali.

It was heartwarming watching the Federal Government throw all their resources to try to destroy a prominent Ani-war personality.

I own it but have yet to watch.

Same here. I had it for the longest time till I finally put in on the other day. It's a great historical drama and uplifting overall but the oddest thing about this film is that the boxing sequences are the films weakest point.

Right now i just finished watching

Meet John Doe (1941)

Very typical Capra. The premise sounds rather hokey and corny but the execution is masterful. It's a populist fable about a newspaper con that snowballs into a social movement that is then exploited by "the man" for their own gain. EXCELLENT excellent message movie. Plus Barbara Stanwyck looks absolutely HOT in this movie. I was never too big on Gary Cooper as a leading man, but he did a great job in this one. "Baseball's My Racket and I'm Stickin' To It".

If they ever release a decent copy of this film (I have a very crap $1.00 drugstore dVD) I'll be exstatic. This one was watchable but it's obvious you're watching a 10X generation VHS tape transferred over to DVD.