Following, again, our run with Zomb-edies, I present Fido.

What can I say; Lassie meets the Living Dead. It takes place in a 50's-era world that happens to have been inflicted with the undead. There's a lot of sociopolitical commentary on roles of various peoples in the common American Ideal, but who gives a shit? Is zombiez.

Fido in this case takes the place of Lassie -- even to the blatant "What's wrong, Fido? Where's Timmy? Where is he, boy?"

As a zombie film this gets poor marks. There is almost zero gore. The zombies are mostly contained. Aside from that, when there IS a flesh-eating sequence it isn't frightening in the least. Doesn't really even try to be.

As a mopvie in general... it was well made and has an entertaining -- if predictable -- story line. The neighbor is buggering a zombie, too:

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"