Originally Posted By: Pariah
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sweden
The Butcher's speech, when quoted by you, reflects self-hatred pretty much the same way Obama's Freudian slip of the tongue.

First of all: I'm not ashamed of being white. I hate the Irish.

Second of all: Obama's not white. He's bred from a white mother. There's a difference.

Thirdly: Obama has, himself, made it clear that he is, more significantly, a black person. Notice how he waited till the last minute to try and empathize with voters through describing Caucasian family members.

Lastly: Just because I resent my heritage, that doesn't mean I all of a sudden identify with other self-loathers. This isn't some kinda fellowship where someone's able to claim hypocrisy.

The overall point here is that Obama's trying to run for president and he's typifying about 60% of America's population. This is moreso about racism than it is about "self-hatred."

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!