Quote:
Now he invites Bernie Mac to speak for him a comedian who has made his name by doing crude off color jokes.... I wouldn't invite someone to do their act and feign ignorance and disgust after they perform said act.

Is Bernie Mac really known for "off color" jokes? Other than Bad Santa, the only thing I've ever really seen him in was that "family" TV show he did for Fox and PG films.

Furthermore, unlike, say, the Rev. Wright thing, I don't really think its fair to blame Obama on this one. Just because a comedian tells off color jokes in one venue doesn't mean you assume he's going to do so at every event. For example, Steve Martin doesn't show up to host the Oscars and do his "she had the best pussy I'd ever seen" bit. Bob Sagat made his name as a "blue comedian" but he doesn't tell the same jokes on "Full House" and "America's Funnist Home Videos" that he does in, say, "the Aristocrats."

Obama probably expected the Bernie Mac that shows up in things like "the Bernie Mac show" and "Oceans 11."