Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
i find it sad that hope is called empty rhetoric, but an old man who sees continuing a war that most Americans disprove of for 100 years is seen as a leader.
if obama's hope is empty, then it's no more empty than mccain's continuation of bush paranoia, which is also empty. i prefer to roll the dice on hope than to continue the nastiness.

And it's sad that people call obama empty when he talks about restoring the world's respect for America and creating a solid international force to combat terrorism, which is cheaper and smarter than our current unilateral wars.

Fact is that Obama has only talked about things in very general terms. He's not very forthcoming with how he's going to do all these great and wonderful things. Turns out that some of the things he talks about changing has been shown to just be political BS to garner votes without him really planning on doing shit about it (see NAFTA).

I'm not too keen on the McCain running in this campaign; but just to get the facts straight, he never said that the war would go on for 100 years. He said US would most likely still have troops in Iraq for 100 years. Just like we still have bases and troops in Germany and Japan over 60 years after WWII.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."