Originally Posted By: the G-man
Whoa. It wasn't just "republicans" making that claim. Clinton, Gore, Kerry and dozens of other Democrat officials, in both the Clinton WH and Congress, all made the same claim as Bush prior to the war, namely, that Saddam either had them or was about to have them. And, further, Clinton and Gore were making that claim before Bush was even in office.

This wasn't a Republican claim. It was a bipartisan claim.

Okay, you're right. I concede it wasn't entirely the Repubs. But, they were the ones in power, calling most of the shots. The majority of the blame falls on their shoulders.

Quote:
To be fair to Obama (this thread is about him, after all), he voted against the war. However, he did that largely out of a belief that diplomacy was a better alternative, not because he didn't believe the weapons were there/coming.

Really? Is that supposition, or did he actually say that?

Quote:
Still, this whole idea that "Bush LIED"(TM) gets a little ridiculous, unless you're willing to claim that the Clintons, Gore, Kerry, etc., all lied too.

If I'm not mistaken, I don't believe everyone else had the same level of access to all of the information Bush did. I also don't believe anyone else was able to make the big decisions he did. So no, I don't see where it's ridiculous at all...