Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

I liked this because it was the John Mccain of old. He's been a bit of a douche in the campaign, no doubt because of the Roveites influencing his ambition for the office.
Hopefully this plus Obama's comments about disagreement over policy not being the same as personally disliking someone will lead to an honest campaign and a debate based on policy and plans.

Guess we'll have to just wait and see.

Funny you should bring that up. The day after McCain ran that ad, and the same day his VP pick was announced, here's what Obama's campaign said about Sarah Palin:
  • Barack Obama's campaign is blasting John McCain for putting "the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience a heartbeat away from the presidency."

The scathing description of Sarah Palin, from Obama spokesman Bill Burton, comes as Democrats scramble to gather a response to a selection that nobody in the political world expected.

"Governor Palin shares John McCain's commitment to overturning Roe v. Wade, the agenda of Big Oil and continuing George Bush's failed economic policies — that's not the change we need, it's just more of the same," added Burton.

Furthermore, as I recall, McCain called Biden to congratulate him on being nominated for VP.

I guess we know who's the class act in this campaign.