15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Fuck off!

notnotnotnotnotnotnotwedge
2500+ posts
2500+ posts
I am pleased to announce that the new regime officially declares "Wii" to be a real word.

rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Wii's World Wide Web

May 23, 2006 - At the Electronics Entertainment Expo 2006, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata revealed that its forthcoming Wii console would be able to access the Web with the Opera browser. Iwata said that the Wii console could, "… power up virtual console games and applications like our Opera Web browser saved to flash ROM… in just a few seconds."

We recently chatted with Opera for Devices' executive vice president, Scott Hedrick, about its partnership with Nintendo and what benefits the Web browser will bring to Wii users.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IGN Wii: There are a lot of Web browsers on the market. Why do you think Nintendo chose Opera for Wii?

Scott Hedrick: Opera is a full Web browser for desktop, mobile and devices. We use our same desktop core to run on non-traditional devices, often with constrained resources. Opera is able to provide Nintendo with a full functioning Web browser, customized for Nintendo and working within any limitations the device presents. We are also able to use the device's features, whether dual screens or an innovative remote control, and incorporate these features into the browsing experience. I think that Nintendo quickly found that Opera was really the only browser that could meet and exceed their expectations in terms of speed, functionality and innovation. We are also very like-minded companies, placing the user experience first and ensuring that our products are not exclusive but rather inclusive, no matter age or gender.

IGN Wii: What immediate benefits does Opera bring to the table for Web browsing?

Scott Hedrick: Opera is fast, secure and features unique functionality to make the browsing experience easier. We deliver this experience on every platform Opera runs on, whether a custom Nintendo platform or Windows. Also, there is no learning curve with Opera. Once you have used the browser on your desktop, you will find the same Opera on your phone and now on your TV with Wii.

read more

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
2500+ posts
2500+ posts
This should work out great, since I'm holding my Wii half the time when I'm on the internet anyway.

rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6151827.html

Nintendo indicates Wii pricing
    Price tags underline affordability; the Wii will not exceed $250 in America.
    By Phil Elliott, GameSpot UK
    Posted May 25, 2006 7:04 am PT

Nintendo has announced the price point for its new living-room console, the Wii, which will be launched globally in Q4 2006. Although for now the pricing is not exact, it will not exceed $250 in America or 25,000 yen in Japan. No estimate was announced for the European market, but the indication given was that it would be a "similar, affordable price".

In addition Nintendo said it was expecting to ship six million consoles between its launch date and the end of March next year, as well as 17 million games.

The news comes hot on the heels of an earlier posting by the company of a 19 percent drop in annual profits, and a warning that results for the current financial year would be 3.5 percent lower than previously thought.

However, Nintendo still expects sales to grow by 18 percent globally, based on continuing sales of the Nintendo DS and hopes for a successful Wii launch. The DS Lite, a new, sleeker version of the twin-screen handheld, is due to launch on June 11 in America and June 23 in Europe, and new key titles such as New Super Mario Bros. will no doubt cause sales spikes globally.

Nintendo's pricing decision will compare directly with key Japanese rival Sony, whose PlayStation 3 console will ship for a significantly higher price at around the same time, up to $599 for the top-end model.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Professionally Good Looking
25+ posts
Professionally Good Looking
25+ posts
Quote:

rex said:
Its not even a fucking word!

And people call models stupid. Perhaps you should take a Science class, Wii was the name of one of the greatest wars of our generation before we were born.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard