3000+ posts
but ban those nature boys from silky jinn

YOU PUT SOUP IN IT!
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Questions for Bill Ayers: Radical Cheer. The former Weatherman talks about why he didn’t speak out during Barack Obama’s campaign, what he’d like to do with Sarah Palin and why he always looks on the bright side.

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I'm waiting for the interview with Bluto.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
"Teachers: They're All Bill Ayers Now": an analysis of how successful Ayers, the co-founder of the violent Weather Underground, has been in getting education colleges to turn out teachers more atune to being "agents of social change" than teaching the three "R"s.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Police Union Accuses Ayers in Deadly 1970 San Francisco Bombing
  • A San Francisco police union has accused former domestic terrorist William Ayers, co-founder of the Weather Underground, and his wife in a 1970 bombing that killed one sergeant, the San Francisco Chronicle reports.

The union, in a letter to a conservative organization lobbying for arrests in the case, accused Ayers and wife Bernardine Dohrn of bombing a city police station.

On Feb. 16, 1970, a bomb placed on a window ledge of Park Station killed Sgt. Brian McDonnell and injured eight other officers, the Chronicle reported.

The union said it had not been in contact with investigators nor did it have new evidence, but it cited Larry Grathwohl, who works with the conservative organization America's Survival of Maryland and claims that he infiltrated Weather Underground as an FBI informant and heard Ayers confess, the Chronicle reported.

"There are irrefutable and compelling reasons to believe that Bill Ayers and his wife Bernardine Dohrn ... are largely responsible for the bombing of Park Police Station," the Feb. 24 letter reads, according to the Chronicle.

I guess it's not a college prank anymore.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
MSN 40 minutes 3 seconds ago Reading a post
Forum: Politics and Current Events
Thread: An Ayers Victim Speaks

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: BASAMS The Plumber
MSN

Olbermann's gonna be pissed.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
he'll prolly storm off for a few days again.....

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Obama's Terrorist Invite: President extends invitation to Hamas — designated a terror group by State Dept. — to join in Mideast peace talks.

When asked why he'd associate himself with a group of recognized terrorists, the President replied "I thought they were just some guys from the neighborhood."

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
\:lol\:

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Anonymous 7 seconds ago Reading a post
Forum: Politics and Current Events
Thread: An Ayers Victim Speaks

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://boilerstation.jconline.com/articl...WSFRONTCAROUSEL

Quote:
Bill Ayers, co-founder of the radical anti-war Weather Underground protest group, is coming to Purdue University on Sept. 24 to participate in an educational forum.

Ayers, 64, is a distinguished professor of education and senior university scholar at the University of Illinois-Chicago. He will speak on "Inequality and Education: The Challenge for Urban Schools" at the inaugural Cummings-Perrucci Annual Lecture on Class, Race and Gender Equality.

In the early 1970s, Ayers and other Weathermen opposed the war in Vietnam, sometimes by highly publicized bombings of public buildings. Evacuation notices were issued prior to the explosions, and no members of the public were harmed.

In 2008, Ayers became a focal point in Democratic candidate Barack Obama's presidential campaign because of Ayers' radical past and his friendship with Obama.

Ayers, who was named Chicago's Citizen of the Year in 1997, still stirs controversy. Some Lafayette area residents are organizing to protest his appearance.

"I'm not against anyone having free speech, but I think there is a difference between someone speaking politically and somebody who is a terrorist," said Jared Fagan, director of the Citizens in Action group.

"I was shocked when I heard about him coming to Purdue."

Citizens in Action has organized several local health forum town hall meetings and "tea party" protests. On Wednesday, the group organized a protest aimed at disrupting a vigil for health care reform at Riehle Plaza downtown.

Calls and e-mail questions to faculty members in the Purdue Department of Sociology were not returned Thursday. Attempts to talk with Ayers in time for this story were not successful.

Harry Targ, a political science professor at Purdue, said it is "foolish to politicize" Ayers appearance at the Purdue event.

"I assume he (Ayers) was invited because of his competency in education," Targ said. "It is unfortunate that people want to protest this.

"If there is any hoopla, it will be extraneous. It was 40 years ago when he did this stuff."

For years, Ayers and other Weathermen were fugitives from the law, although he was never convicted of a crime.

In his book, "Fugitive Days: Memoirs of an Anti-War Activist," he wrote about the bombings of public buildings in the early 1970s.

Fagan, who called Ayers a "domestic terrorist," said he is working with other local conservative groups to protest the visit.

"Our main objective is for everyone to know what Ayers is all about," Fagan said. "He can talk all about equality, but he wasn't concerned about that when he was blowing up buildings."

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Bill Ayers claims he wrote Obama's "Dreams From My Father": Bill Ayers makes a stunning claim that he wrote--not just edited--President Barack Obama's autobiography, Dreams from my Father."

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard