Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: iggy
My Perry posts, at least, pertains to...

Your Perry posts are about something that you, personally, find interesting and others might not. Fair enough. We all post things that others may or may not care about.

My object is merely that, because we all do it, it is grossly unfair of you to get so...abusive...towards WB (or any other poster) simply because it's not something that you, personally, care about. That does nothing to make the board more interesting. It's just you venting.

Quote:
I'm still willing to think deeply about things when posting, but I refuse to waste the time and effort it requires on mister "my factual books/articles are more factual than your factual books/articles." ...

But you ARE "wast[ing] the time and effort" when you choose to respond as you did instead of just ignoring the post.

As Rob has said, the board is what we make it. If people want posts that interest them they need to bring interesting things to the table, not just bitch about the posts others make or engage in silly personal attacks that quickly denigrate into "rubber and glue."

Finally, I apologize if it seems as if I am singling you out. I do so simply because I find you a very interesting person when you're on your "a" game and know you are capable of discussing things in a way that certain other posters might not be.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: G-Shill
Yeah, but...

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
1. I actually have no interest in Rick Perry at all. My interest is in the last minute pushes toward sinking or swimming in Iowa. Also of interest in that regard is the fact that Bachmann's campaign manager in Iowa just quit and endorsed Paul yesterday. Further, Rick "You Can't Google My Name" Santorum has risen above the Newt! But, I get your point.

2. I'm sure I'll get over my playing virual whack-a-mole with WB soon enough. IMO, it was three years of only jesting with him about Glen Beck and whatnot before I finally conceded that he isn't misunderstood. Most people here understand him perfectly. On the other hand, I think I have cooled on taunting most others. I got a wild hair up my ass and it was fun while it lasted.

3. Wasting the time and effort taunting him is one thing. Wasting the time and effort replying to him in a well-reasoned manner is completely different.

4. Fair enough.

5. No apologies needed. I like you and I thank you for the compliment so I'll try to tamp down on the WB abuse for the betterment of the boards and my posts.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
I don't think I'll ever tire of smacking David with reality. It's fun watching him run for cover...

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Not saying that I'll ever tire of it. I'll just tire of doing it at every post. I'm trying to tamp down not stop. ;\)

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Franta
And why he isnt going down as hard as he should!

Hes got something on Barry THATS why he is hitting the media circus!

Letting the big guy know fuck with me youre going down!

ITS THE CHICAGO WAY!

Blago did allege to have the goods that could incriminate others with him.

I wonder if there's a pending other shoe to drop on this.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
No.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Probably an entire Nike store waiting to explode, in Dave's mind...

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

TRUMP PARDONS BLAGOJEVICH AFTER 8 YEARS IN FEDERAL PRISON

Quote:
Rod Blagojevich, hours after returning from prison a free man, publicly thanked President Trump for commuting his sentence as he delivered a detailed account of his life behind bars with his trademark dramatic flair.
“I’m a Trump-o-crat,” the former Illinois Democratic governor declared Wednesday, in a lively press conference outside his Chicago home with his family by his side.

BLAGOJEVICH SENTENCE COMMUTED: WHAT TO KNOW

The event began later than originally scheduled, which he chalked up in part to difficulty shaving – as he repeatedly dabbed blood on his chin as he spoke.
“It’s been a long, long journey. I’m bruised, I’m battered, and I’m bloody,” Blagojevich said, patting his chin with a napkin. “It’s been a long time since I’ve shaved with a normal razor. I’ve gotta keep dabbing the blood.”

The brash politician whose corruption-case sentence of 14 years was cut short a day earlier by Trump's decision went on to say, “We want to thank and give our most profound and everlasting gratitude to President Trump.” He thanked Trump for giving back the freedom he said was "stolen" from him.

I was pretty open in my earlier posts about Blagojevich deserving jail time, that it was a blatant case of corruption. But at this point, he was prosecuted and spent 8 years in jail for it, and definitely paid the price for his crimes. I don't think it's less of a deterrant that he only served 8 years instead of 14 years for it. He certainly spent more time in jail than any of the Watergate conspirators.

And I hope that the deep state agents and their faked evidence and FISA warrants against Trump spend a similar amount of time in jail. What James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Rod Rosenstein, Loretta Lynch, Sally Yates, John Brennan, Bill Priestap, Susan Rice, Bruce and Nellie Ohr, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, James Clapper, Bill and Hillary Clinton, Kevin Clinesmith and so many others did was far more corrupt, abusive and damaging to the country than what Blago did.
They should pay a heavy price.
And yet Democrats run cover for them, and it's very possible none of them will ever see a single day in jail.

It's also interesting to see those who criticize Trump's commutation of Blagojevich, amy of whom should rightly be in jail and yet escape justice because the Democrat party has flown cover for them. And the Republicans who are regular critics of Trump and use this occasion to pile on with the Dems. It lets Trump, and his voters, know who Trump's friends are, going into November 2020.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard