Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Heh. Now left-wing blogs are treating this picture of Sarah Palin reading notes off her hand as some kind of major coup, that excuses Obama's teleprompter dependence:

The notes she had written are "Energy," Taxes," and "Lift America's spirits." That's some cheat sheet.

I get that it's another "a republican did it too" dodge...but it misses the point of why the Obama jokes have caught on. A teleprompter isn't a note card. It feeds your remarks to you word for word.

The idea that you would need such a device to talk to a room full of sixth graders or a meeting of your own staff is funny (or kind of sad).

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Oh, and what's the over-under on how long before Zick starts a brand new thread about this?

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man on 02/07/10
Heh. Now left-wing blogs are treating this picture of Sarah Palin reading notes off her hand as some kind of major coup, that excuses Obama's teleprompter dependence:

The notes she had written are "Energy," Taxes," and "Lift America's spirits." That's some cheat sheet.

I get that it's another "a republican did it too" dodge...but it misses the point of why the Obama jokes have caught on. A teleprompter isn't a note card. It feeds your remarks to you word for word.

The idea that you would need such a device to talk to a room full of sixth graders or a meeting of your own staff is funny (or kind of sad).

Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man ONE WEEK LATER

Really. I called you on this a whole week ago. It took you that long to respond? And on another thread?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
\:lol\:
Sheesh now it's Obama's fault that Palin used crib notes.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Quote:
now it's Obama's fault that Palin used crib notes.

That isn't what I wrote. It wasn't even implied.

I pointed out the difference between constantly reading off a teleprompter and using a few short bullet points to remember the outline of a speech.

I noted the silliness of liberals trying to compare the two and (in a post over a week ago) predicted you'd bring it up in a different thread than this one.

Which you did.

Try again, Zick.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
That isn't Obama's hand nor is this a thread where your overly critical of her like you are with Obama.

She also read a script at that event. Not that there isn't anything wrong with that but there does seem to be your usual double standard on display here. It's silly and not really worth my time.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
That isn't Obama's hand nor is this a thread where your overly critical of her like you are with Obama.

I guess "overly critical" is matter of opinion. When even the reliably liberal Jon Stewart starts mocking the President for overuse of a teleprompter I'm not sure how I can be accused of being "overly critical."

Quote:
She also read a script at that event. Not that there isn't anything wrong with that

So you think she didn't do anything wrong but you chose to bring it up just because you think it fits into your usual "a republican did it too" dodge.

Is this the point where you call BSAMS a "partisan" again?

Quote:
there does seem to be your usual double standard on display here.

Yeah...yeah..."I'm not a partisan, you are..." We've heard it before and I've addressed it already.

As I wrote nearly a year ago on this very thread:

Originally Posted By: the G-man

Obama is taking the use of teleprompters to an uprecedented level for either party.

Instead of just using it to read speeches, he will have his staff feed him answers to questions at press conferences and, in fact, they may even use it to tell him which reporters to call on to ask questions.

There was an unsubstantiated rumor that Bush did this during a debate in 2004 and the left (and some segments of the press) went nuts. They claimed it was proof that Bush was a dunce and a puppet.

Now, however, the current President wants to do it and the response from the left and the press is a giant shrug.

And, to make it even more obvious just who has the double standard, the left is back bitching about only when allegedly "a republican does it."

Quote:

It's silly and not really worth my time.

Yet, here you are, posting on it over and over.

Broken.

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
\:lol\:

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Obama tops Bush at ducking reporters: President Obama, who pledged to establish the most open and transparent administration in history, on Monday surpasses his predecessor's record for avoiding a full-fledged question-and-answer session with White House reporters in a formal press conference.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
RealClearPolitics.com: Obama Uses Teleprompters During Speech at Elementary School

Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
[He was]talking to reporters....he chatted with the sixth-graders ... with no teleprompters

Obama Addressing High School Graduates With Teleprompters: President Obama uses teleprompters while giving the commencement address at Kalamazoo Central High School in Michigan.

He needs a teleprompter to speak to a room full of high school kids. So, basically, the President is less qualified to deliver a speech than the average principal.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/his-mena...n-teleprompter/

Quote:

First let me say that Newsbusters is right in asking: “Matthews just starting to notice” the TOTUS dependency?

The part that caught my attention, though, was Matthews’ account of Obama using a teleprompter for routine meetings.

“You go to a meeting with him I’m told, businessmen are invited to meet him at the White House, he hauls out the damn teleprompter, and he reads it to them.”

A few months ago, a high-level Democratic donor described exactly that scenario. Obama, I was told, used a teleprompter during a meeting with a small, emphasize small, group of business leaders. At the time I considered it a possible exaggeration. But if Chris Matthews is hearing about similar accounts — perhaps I need to reconsider my skepticism.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
He's even using it in meetings? Wow. Simply...wow. He's really that dense?

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Obama-to-use-teleprompter-for-Hindi-speech/H1-Article1-622605.aspx

Quote:
Namaste India! In all likelihood that will be silver-tongued Barack Obama's opening line when he addresses the Indian parliament next week. But to help him pronounce Hindi words correctly will be a teleprompter which the US president uses ever so often for his hypnotising speeches.

According to parliament sources, a technical team from the US has helped the Lok Sabha secretariat install textbook-sized panes of glass around the podium that will give cues to Obama on his prepared remarks to 780 Indian MPs on the evening of Nov 8.

It will be a 20-minute speech at Parliament House's Central Hall that has been witness to some historic events, including first prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru's "tryst with destiny" speech when India became independent.

Obama will make history for more than one reason during the Nov 6-9 visit. This will be the first time a teleprompter will be used in the nearly 100-feet high dome-shaped hall that has portraits of eminent national leaders adorning its walls.

Indian politicians are known for making impromptu long speeches and perhaps that is why some parliament officials, who did not wish to be named, sounded rather surprised with the idea of a teleprompter for Obama.

"We thought Obama is a trained orator and skilled in the art of mass address with his continuous eye contact," an official, who did not wish to be identified because of security restrictions, said.

Obama is known to captivate audiences with his one-liners that sound like extempore and his deep gaze. But few in India know that the US president always carries the teleprompter with him wherever he speaks.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/may/3/outsider-hired-for-obama-speeches/?cache

Quote:
On top of the more than half a million dollars it spends on speechwriters, the White House is using tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars on a public relations firm headed by Democratic image maker Michael Sheehan — once dubbed by Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton as an “extraordinary media coach” who helped her master the teleprompter.

Mr. Sheehan’s firm, Sheehan Associates, could receive more than $100,000 under a current contract and has been providing occasional speech and consulting services to the White House since 2009, federal purchasing records show.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
If it wasn't for the taxpayer money being wasted this would be hilarious!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard