Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Irwin Schwab Moderator Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts 05/02/11 01:15 AM Making a new reply
Forum: Politics and Current Events
Thread: Re: Obama To Respect Bin Laden's Islamic Wishes

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Irwin Schwab
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110502/ap_on_re_us/us_bin_laden

Quote:
Officials said the U.S. would ensure that bin Laden's body was handled in accordance with Islamic tradition.

WTF?!?!?!

Political correctness is officially shit when a guy kills thousands if Americans in the name of Islam and our government feels the need to respect his religious wishes.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/02/obama-to-make-statment-tonight-subject-unknown/

Quote:
A congressional source familiar with the operation that killed Osama bin Laden confirmed that the terror mastermind was shot in the head during the U.S. raid, according to a briefing the source received, CNN's Dana Bash reports.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Can't we just be happy that Osama is dead and that we were the ones who did it?

Yes.

This should be a rallying common ground for the nation.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
The body has already been buried at sea.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110502/ap_on_re_us/us_bin_laden

Quote:
Officials said the U.S. would ensure that bin Laden's body was handled in accordance with Islamic tradition.

WTF?!?!?!

Political correctness is officially shit when a guy kills thousands if Americans in the name of Islam and our government feels the need to respect his religious wishes.

I totally agree! Bin Laden lost his rights for basic human decency quite a few "body counts" ago!

-----once over and twice twisted---------
50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex

that is awesome!

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
It's not a case of respecting Osama's religous wishes.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

I Am Groot
5000+ posts
I Am Groot
5000+ posts
RACK Mister JLA!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Thanks, Velo.

I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
America....Fuck Yeah!!

It's a dog eat dog world & I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Damn you and your lemonade!!

Booooooooooooooobs.
50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/05/the_rock_knew_about_bin_laden.html

Quote:
Hours before President Obama’s announcement that Osama Bin Laden had been killed, Dwayne Johnson tweeted, “Just got word that will shock the world — Land of the free … home of the brave DAMN PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!. Post announcement, he followed that up with “..couldn’t have asked for a better birthday present..”

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
But when did Chuck Norris know?

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/comp...42XF_story.html

Quote:
A generation of young Americans slammed the door Monday on the great, big boogeyman of their childhoods with an epic woot-woot and rounds and rounds of "U.S.A.!"

At the news of Osama bin Laden’s death, thousands of people - most of them college-aged and in requisite flip-floppy collegiate gear — whipped up a raucous celebration right outside the White House gates that was one part Mardi Gras and two parts Bon Jovi concert.

There were cigars, a few beers, a lacrosse stick turned flagpole waved by a kid who just climbed a statue, joining others aloft in trees and atop lamp posts. Well past midnight, cars zipped up and down the streets of downtown Washington with women standing up through sunroofs waving ginormous American flags and guys blowing vuvuzelas, spring break style.

It felt a little crazy, a bit much. Almost vulgar.

When I saw that folks were celebrating in the streets at the news of bin Laden’s death, my first reaction was a cringe.

This bitch should fuck off. If she doesn't like American's celebrating she should go try and be a female journalist in Muslim land.....

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Irwin Schwab Moderator Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts 05/02/11 08:06 PM Making a new reply
Forum: Politics and Current Events
Thread: Re: Liberal Media 'Cringes' at Sight of 'Vulgar' Americans Celebrating Bin Laden's Death

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/o...fCZF_story.html

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Officials say CIA interrogators in secret overseas prisons developed the first strands of information that ultimately led to the killing of Osama bin Laden.

Current and former U.S. officials say that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, provided the nom de guerre of one of bin Laden’s most trusted aides. The CIA got similar information from Mohammed’s successor, Abu Faraj al-Libi. Both were subjected to harsh interrogation tactics inside CIA prisons in Poland and Romania.

The news is sure to reignite debate over whether the now-closed interrogation and detention program was successful. Former president George W. Bush authorized the CIA to use the harshest interrogation tactics in U.S. history. President Barack Obama closed the prison system.

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
with bin Laden dead man shaves beard http://www.katu.com/news/local/121107609.html

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/05/osama-bin-laden-dead.html

Quote:
According to another one of those White House briefings of reporters designed to suck up all available credit for good news, President Obama's homeland security advisor reveals that it was a really tense time in the air-conditioned White House as unidentified U.S. Navy SEALs closed in on the world's most wanted man after midnight a half a wohomeland security advisor john Brennan 5-2-11rld away.

"Minutes passed like days," says John Brennan, who bravely stood with press secretary Jay Carney before reporters and TV cameras today chronicling his boss' weekend heroics.

The heavily-armed commandos flying in a quartet of darkened Blackhawk and Chinook helicopters more than 100 miles into Pakistan were probably listening to their iPods and discussing the NFL draft.

"The concern was that bin Laden would oppose any type of capture operation," said Obama's Sherlock Holmes. So U.S. troops were prepared "for all contingencies."

In fact, this weekend was such a tense time in the White House that Obama only got in nine holes of golf. But he still managed to deliver his joke script to the White House Correspondents Assn. dinner Saturday evening.

Sunday was, Brennan revealed to his eager audience, "probably one of the most anxiety-filled periods of times in the lives of the people assembled here." Poor poor bureaucrats. Extra Tums all around. Did someone order dinner?

There may have been a little anxiety aboard those combat choppers. Who knows? We can't hear from them. And, as every day, anxiety in the kitchens, hearts and mind of thousands of military families who put up with the terrifying uncertainty of the dangerous deeds their loved ones have volunteered to secretly do for their country. During his 49 minute presentation Brennan did squeeze in one reference to the mission's "very brave personnel."

But the emphasis, with 2012 just around the calendrical corner, was on the boss' valor. "There was nothing that confirmed that bin Laden was at that compound," Brennan related as if such uncertainty is uncommon in war.

"And, therefore," Brennan continued, "when President Obama was faced with the opportunity to act upon this, the president had to evaluate the strength of that information and then made what I believe was one of the most gutsiest calls of any president in recent memory."

According to early reports of the incident, detailed here in The Ticket, 24 SEALs rappelled down ropes from hovering Chinooks in post-midnight darkness Monday Pakistan time with Osama security forces shooting at them. Brennan didn't have much time to go into all that today, the goal is to elevate the ex-state senator to at least a one-star commander-in-chief.

Here's something else that didn't get much recognition in all the street celebrations or all-hail-Obama briefings:

The trail to Monday morning's assault on Osama's Pakistan compound began during someone else's presidency. That previous president authorized enhanced interrogation techniques which convinced folks like Khalid Shaikh Mohammed to give up, among many other things, the name of their top-secret courier, now deceased. His travels ultimately led the CIA back to Osama's six-year-old suburban home.

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
While I agree somewhat with the article writer, he fails to mention that Obama did not play even one round of golf all weekend. Bravo Obama. Bravo.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
\:lol\:

It didn't take long for some conservatives to get bitchy and start trying to give W credit.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
Obama has blamed Bush for everything else.

I wonder if the SEALs who shot bin Laden will get a piece of that reward money. Or at the very least a bucket of fish.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Quote:
According to early reports of the incident, detailed here in The Ticket, 24 SEALs rappelled down ropes from hovering Chinooks in post-midnight darkness Monday Pakistan time with Osama security forces shooting at them. Brennan didn't have much time to go into all that today, the goal is to elevate the ex-state senator to at least a one-star commander-in-chief.

\:lol\:

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
I wonder if the SEALs who shot bin Laden will get a piece of that reward money. Or at the very least a bucket of fish.

I wonder this too.

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
I read today that no one will likely receive the reward. Though Obama did seem to feel he was the one responsible for the capture, so maybe he will get it.

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
http://www.cnbc.com/id/42871400/

Quote:
A member of the US Senate Intelligence Committee has told CNBC that the death of Osama Bin Laden was a direct result of enhanced interrogations.

“The information that eventually led us to this compound was the direct result of enhanced interrogations; one can conclude if we had not used enhanced interrogations, we would not have come to yesterday's action,” US Senator Richard Burr in a telephone interview with CNBC.

As a member of the US Senate Intelligence Committee, Burr was briefed on the attack on the compound that led to Bin Laden’s death and believes the failure of Pakistani security forces to find the al-Qaeda leader sooner will be a strain on US relations.

“It's common knowledge that the US-Pakistan relationship was strained prior to this action, there will be continual talks about what ISI (Pakistani security forces) did or didn't know,” he said.

The death of Bin Laden will, however, improve the US position in Afghanistan where the US and NATO forces are locked in a war of attrition with the Taliban and al-Qaeda forces.

“Yesterday's action sends a loud message, we can find you and we can kill you...even though we had a victory…, the war on terror continues,” Burr said.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
That's increasingly what I'm seeing reported, that this raid was four years in the making, and would not have been possible without "harsh" interrogation techniques like waterboarding, and prisoners at Guantanamo Bay available to interrogate and corroborate information gained through these interrogations.

And according to Michael Scheuer (former head of the CIA Bin Ladin unit) And Rep. Peter King (head of the congress intelligence committee) while these techniques set up under Bush allowed Obama to get credit for killing Bin Ladin, the changes Obama has made to intelligence gathering have assured that similar intelligence cannot be gained the same way in the future.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Rumsfeld says harsh treatment didn't get them anything that helped with this.

Quote:
“The United States Department of Defense did not do waterboarding for interrogation purposes to anyone. It is true that some information that came from normal interrogation approaches at Guantanamo did lead to information that was beneficial in this instance. But it was not harsh treatment and it was not waterboarding.”

newsmax.com

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I've seen several who disagree with Rumsfeld.

But it's a tough call to say which is right, the former defense secretary, or the head of the senate intelligence committee.

We're still learning what the truth is. And it frankly doesn't lend credibility to anyone that how Bin Ladin was killed is described today vastly different from the story that was told yesterday.

Yesterday, he died fighting with a gun in his hands. Today, they're saying that Bin Ladin not only didn't have a gun, he didn't have a knife. Later today, that story was altered to say that U.S. forces "thought he was going for a gun".

Yesterday, they were saying Bin Ladin was using a woman as a human shield. Later it was changed to one of his guards was using the woman as a shield. Now it's being said that no one in the house was armed, and presumably, no woman was used as a shield.

As the story keeps changing, I believe the official story less and less.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Rumsfeld says harsh treatment didn't get them anything that helped with this.

Quote:
“The United States Department of Defense did not do waterboarding for interrogation purposes to anyone. It is true that some information that came from normal interrogation approaches at Guantanamo did lead to information that was beneficial in this instance. But it was not harsh treatment and it was not waterboarding.”

newsmax.com

http://www.newsmax.com

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
Not to mention that MEM unsurprisingly took the whole article out of context. MEM also forgot to post the part where it talks about Obama continuing Bush's policies.

Leave it to a liberal to try an politicize this.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I just listened to Rumsfeld, interviewed on Hannity, saying:

"Anyone who does not acknowledge that an enormous amount of valuable intelligenge was gained through 'enhanced' interrogation techniques is simply denying the truth."

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
Don't know if anyone has ever read Revelations but there is an interesting verse 13:3 that says, "And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast." Basically one head of the Beast will appear to be mortally wounded he doesn't actually die but appears to, so that when he returns he is thought to return from the dead.

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
I just listened to Rumsfeld, interviewed on Hannity, saying:

"Anyone who does not acknowledge that an enormous amount of valuable intelligenge was gained through 'enhanced' interrogation techniques is simply denying the truth."

This isn't really anything new though. Rumsfeld has said been saying this all along.

Fair play!
living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts

"Who is it?"

". . .Candygram. . ."

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
It makes no sense that our Navy SEALS were sent in to do the job and confirm that Obama was killed (rather than carpet bombing the place, where we could never confirm it). And then:

1) they bury the body at sea and feed it to the fishes, rather than let coroners and forensics people from various nations confirm that it is indeed Bin Ladin, before scuttling the evidence. They could have kept his body in a freezer someplace hidden forever, and there still would be nowhere to build an Al Qaida shrine to him.

2) they're not offering any photos or evidence to the media, thus feuling all kinds of conspiracy theories.

The only possible explanation I have is that maybe the Obama administration wants to slowly release information about the killing, to keep the story alive for a long time.

Whereas releasing the whole story at once it would be big news for a few days, and then quickly disappear. As long as Bin Ladin's death is big news, it helps to boost Obama's popularity polls. That's the best explanation I can come up with.
But the slow release of info also has the downside of appearing evasive, having something to hide, and being less believable.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard