Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
http://egotastic.com/2011/05/breaking-ne...across-the-net/

The best Green Lantern advertising yet.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts

giant picture
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
I bet none of that is in the video game tie-in.

I like that Parallax is now symbolized by giant yellow-tinged diarrhea...

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
I wonder if Tommy approves?

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
I bet none of that is in the video game tie-in.

I like that Parallax is now symbolized by giant yellow-tinged diarrhea...

you have become statler to g-man's waldorf

giant picture
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
There's nothing like a good movie clip.

Yeah! And that was nothing LIKE a good movie clip!

\:lol\: Comedy Gold \:lol\:

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Quote:

Parallax is. . . giant. . .diarrhea...

that's the way I've always seen it.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
This movie better not have any space bugs!
Zzap!

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
or kids!
Zzap again!

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I just played the Wii movie tie-in game, and it sucked.

It's a 2d sidescroller using 3d models (2.5d?) and there's something with the controls that totally ruins the experience. I think it has to do with the fact that there's no such thing as a jump, you just press up and Hal automatically flies all over the place (he controls like a sluggish spaceship), and you walk when your feet touches the ground. You also get knocked around a lot, which makes you feel more like Ryan Reynolds than Green Lantern.

I have pretty low expectations with the mechanics involving their magic imagination rings, since I doubt it's workable in a video game right now, so I don't mind the very limited selection of constructs. I also don't mind the primitive graphics since it's the Wii we're talking about.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Rotten Tomatos is savaging the thing, while CNN calls the reviews "mixed."

Meanwhile, Fox is running a piece called "Reynolds: Worst Superhero?"

\:damn\:

I may still go see it just because I decided to see every one of the big comic book movies this summer but I'm definitely starting to waiver on that vow.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
What?? Shock! Gasp! Impossible!! I mean, I've been saying that for pretty much the ENTIRE time. I bet Rob is going to be really pissed at CNN, Rotten Tomatoes, etc.

\:lol\:

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I think the important thing is that you are of the same mind as...Fox news

15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
" Let's get these pants off and fly some planes!"

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
That's what Lothar says daily in the men's locker room.

Minus the 'planes' bit.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
 Quote:
The New York Observer said the film was "a dumb, pointless, ugly, moronic and incomprehensible jumble of botched effects, technical blunders and cluttered chaos."

Observerman?

giant picture
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
Wow that is quite a difference on the tomatometer. 22% from reviewers, the theater goers gave it over 70%.

15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
That's what Lothar says daily in the men's locker room.

Minus the 'planes' bit.

Bullshit! I always say the part about the planes. Doc is so excited to get his pants off that he doesn't hear everything I say.

I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I don't care what critics say.I saw Green Lantern last night and it was awesome...I do wish they had spent more on fleshing out the corps and some more action with them,but otherwise,I was happy with it.Bring on the sequel baby!!!

It's a dog eat dog world & I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Damn you and your lemonade!!

Booooooooooooooobs.
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Rob
 Quote:
The New York Observer said the film was "a dumb, pointless, ugly, moronic and incomprehensible jumble of botched effects, technical blunders and cluttered chaos."

impossible!! pro can't be right!! we spent too much time trying to prove him wrong!! nooooo! zod!!!

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
the observer said it was poo. allan said it was good. their opinions, though opposing, are valid. because they've, you know, seen the movie. message boardily altering quotes and flagrant besmirching of zod will not change the fact that your "prospective" remains worthless.

but you knew that already.

giant picture
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
OP Offline
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Pro jinxed it!

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
JINXIST!

15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
Jimkies!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Green Lantern Poised to Shine at Box Office: they're reporting it's a hit and a franchise has been launched.

Pro, what are the sequels like? Better or worse?

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
OP Offline
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Pro, will I ever find true love?

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Far worse, and no...

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
Green Lantern Poised to Shine at Box Office: they're reporting it's a hit and a franchise has been launched.

SATURDAY PM/SUNDAY AM, 4TH UPDATE: Warner Bros' Green Lantern ($21.6M Friday, dropping -21% for $17.1M Saturday, and only a $53M weekend) underperforms, unable to meet even the studio's lowered expectation for North America.

15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
This was a fun movie. Screw anyone who didn't like it.

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
I agree. I saw it shrooming at the midnight showing thursday and thought it was decent, entertaining at least. Honestly tho they could have made it a lot better. An extra half hour they could have shown a lot more of him getting the ring, time on Oa, training with Kilowog and the final fight with Parallax, and less of a romance. The final battle just ended way too quick. I liked how they did develop Hal as a character show his relationship with Carol, Tom, Hector, his family, and Dad. Not too many unnecessary Van Wilder-esqe jokes thrown in. Casting was good. Everyone pulled off their characters very convincingly. I was actually surprised how good Blake Lively did. Parallax could've been designed better or not done at all but it was legit. I just didn't like the whole floating fart cloud of skulls thing. CGI was pretty impressive. I felt like I was watching a Marvel movie and not a WB superhero movie the whole time. And they've definitely set up for a franchise. That final scene was sick.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
http://blogs.houstonpress.com/artattack/2011/06/restoring_under_god_to_the_gre.php

Quote:
Restoring "Under God" to the Green Lantern Oath

Dear Warner Brothers and DC Comics:

I am writing as a concerned fan and parent, and not at all as some kind of smart ass satirist. I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to see Green Lantern finally hit the big screen, and with Ryan Reynolds portraying Hal Jordan I think we can all be assured of a faithful adaptation of one of the most influential comics of all time.

However, I was disturbed to hear that the film version has omitted the phrase "Under God" from the famous Green Lantern pledge, and as big a fan as I am, and how much I dearly want to share this experience with my daughter, I'm not sure I can support Green Lantern unless the phrase is rightfully restored. I do not think that such a noble hero's solemn oath should be subject to censorship just because of political correctness.

Some may pretend otherwise, but the Green Lantern pledge, as I learned it, should read:

In brightest day or blackest night

No evil shall escape my sight

Let all who worship evil's might

Beware my wrath... Under God... Green Lantern's light!

Now, I am well aware that the pledge that golden-age Lantern Alan Scott uttered was completely different to begin with, and that times do change. However, the pledge has been under attack from all sides by minority interests for decades.

First the pledge changed "blackest night" to "darkest night" under protest from African-Americans against a negative connotation to the word "black" (I am happy to see it restored to original form on the film's poster). Then, an entire new pledge was penned simply to accommodate Rot Lop Fan, whose alien species does not have the sense of sight. What will happen next?

Will ACLU lawyers representing imprisoned criminals demand the word "evil" be replaced with "those who suffer from malign hypercognitive disorder?" Will all but Satanists and Cthulhu Cultist be exempt from the justice meted out by the brave men and women of the Corp because they do not "worship evil?"

Green_Lantern_poster.jpg
​In 1954, the United States government voted that "Under God" be used in the Pledge of Allegiance. As the Green Lantern Oath is clearly a pledge of allegiance, I feel that there can be no debate on this subject. When Michael Newdow filed suit in Sacramento challenging that the phrase constituted a violation of church and state, America saw that its faith was under attack.

Because of Newdow, there are a handful of public schools in California whose children are forbidden to mention God in their morning affirmation of their love of America. Such children need their heroes now more than ever, but apparently Green Lantern, who has successfully defended earth against so many interstellar threats, has no defense against activist judges and rampant secularists.

In closing, I would like to thank DC Comics and Warner Brothers for many years of wonderful stories. I have as much faith in the excellence of the Green Lantern film as I do in God Almighty. I would like you to ask yourselves, though, what lesson will we teach out children by leaving God out of the plot?

I, for one, refuse to believe that the Central Power Battery on the Lantern Corps' homeworld of Oa that each Lantern uses to recharge their power rings while reciting the oath can possibly be powered by anything other than the will of God. And how else would a man be able to overcome the being of ultimate fear, Parallax? Through simple humanity and willpower? I doubt that.

Green Lantern's power ring makes the imagination of the wearer into reality in the form of solid light constructs. Such a power cannot remain in the hands of humanity without acknowledging the rule of God. Failing to do so within the Lantern's solemn oath risks our children forgetting God's place in comic books.

Thank you for your time. I have the honor to remain...

Yours Truly,
Jef With One F

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
I knew no good would come out of Glacier going to church.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
This can't be real. -Jeff With Two F's

15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex
http://blogs.houstonpress.com/artattack/2011/06/restoring_under_god_to_the_gre.php

Quote:
Restoring "Under God" to the Green Lantern Oath

Dear Warner Brothers and DC Comics:

I am writing as a concerned fan and parent, and not at all as some kind of smart ass satirist. I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to see Green Lantern finally hit the big screen, and with Ryan Reynolds portraying Hal Jordan I think we can all be assured of a faithful adaptation of one of the most influential comics of all time.

However, I was disturbed to hear that the film version has omitted the phrase "Under God" from the famous Green Lantern pledge, and as big a fan as I am, and how much I dearly want to share this experience with my daughter, I'm not sure I can support Green Lantern unless the phrase is rightfully restored. I do not think that such a noble hero's solemn oath should be subject to censorship just because of political correctness.

Some may pretend otherwise, but the Green Lantern pledge, as I learned it, should read:

In brightest day or blackest night

No evil shall escape my sight

Let all who worship evil's might

Beware my wrath... Under God... Green Lantern's light!

Now, I am well aware that the pledge that golden-age Lantern Alan Scott uttered was completely different to begin with, and that times do change. However, the pledge has been under attack from all sides by minority interests for decades.

First the pledge changed "blackest night" to "darkest night" under protest from African-Americans against a negative connotation to the word "black" (I am happy to see it restored to original form on the film's poster). Then, an entire new pledge was penned simply to accommodate Rot Lop Fan, whose alien species does not have the sense of sight. What will happen next?

Will ACLU lawyers representing imprisoned criminals demand the word "evil" be replaced with "those who suffer from malign hypercognitive disorder?" Will all but Satanists and Cthulhu Cultist be exempt from the justice meted out by the brave men and women of the Corp because they do not "worship evil?"

Green_Lantern_poster.jpg
​In 1954, the United States government voted that "Under God" be used in the Pledge of Allegiance. As the Green Lantern Oath is clearly a pledge of allegiance, I feel that there can be no debate on this subject. When Michael Newdow filed suit in Sacramento challenging that the phrase constituted a violation of church and state, America saw that its faith was under attack.

Because of Newdow, there are a handful of public schools in California whose children are forbidden to mention God in their morning affirmation of their love of America. Such children need their heroes now more than ever, but apparently Green Lantern, who has successfully defended earth against so many interstellar threats, has no defense against activist judges and rampant secularists.

In closing, I would like to thank DC Comics and Warner Brothers for many years of wonderful stories. I have as much faith in the excellence of the Green Lantern film as I do in God Almighty. I would like you to ask yourselves, though, what lesson will we teach out children by leaving God out of the plot?

I, for one, refuse to believe that the Central Power Battery on the Lantern Corps' homeworld of Oa that each Lantern uses to recharge their power rings while reciting the oath can possibly be powered by anything other than the will of God. And how else would a man be able to overcome the being of ultimate fear, Parallax? Through simple humanity and willpower? I doubt that.

Green Lantern's power ring makes the imagination of the wearer into reality in the form of solid light constructs. Such a power cannot remain in the hands of humanity without acknowledging the rule of God. Failing to do so within the Lantern's solemn oath risks our children forgetting God's place in comic books.

Thank you for your time. I have the honor to remain...

Yours Truly,
Jef With One F

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Ouch. It dropped a staggering eighty-nine percent from its opening day a week earlier (which did include midnight shows).

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
GASP!

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
shock!

Regenerated
15000+ posts