Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 134 of 137 1 2 132 133 134 135 136 137
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I would have preferred it if they tried to pass it off as paranormal occurrence at first. The start kind of looked like one of those The Ring curses, but as soon as the Shard was introduced, it got boring. I've always liked Who stories that somehow managed to mix the paranormal and sci fi elements together.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Yeah, River is the pretty obvious guess. I don't think that will stop people from speculating like crazy though.

What makes it especially frustrating--but in a fun way--is Moffat's doing so much story wise with clues/red herrings and mixing in so much real world 50th stuff into it. For example, the ages missing from her book: 16 and 23. Sixteen is the number of years between the old series and the current one. Twenty-three is the air date for the 50th. And, fuck it, throw in an eleven and you fucking have fifty. Who the fuck knows?!?

As for the upcoming episodes, I can't wait to see Gaiman's take on the Cybermen. Sounds like he is going to do the full on return of the original Mondas Cybermen from the rumors. Whatever the case, I am quite hopeful when Moffat hands Gaiman the Cybermen and says to make them scary again.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
As for the episode, it was okay. I think expectations may have been too high for it. Mainly, laying the groundwork for the next seven episodes and, possibly, the 50th and Christmas specials. Also, I think Moffat might be spreading himself a little thin with Who, Sherlock, and the other stuff he has going on (is he still a part of the Tintin reworking?). Hopefully, he will clear his plate a bit and be more focused going forward.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
IMO, I think Rings of Akhaten was one of the best episodes of the season. I get that people think it had a serious RTD feel to it, but I think it was also a great poke in the eye at the action hero type Doctor of which Davies was so fond. Somewhere in this thread I remember bringing up Moffat slowly pulling back from that. I think Cross did an excellent job of continuing to push that divide between eras.

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
I'm a little annoyed by claras the lack of culture shock. She seems way more comfortable then a new companion should.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
This week's Doctor Who was 'black guys try to steal the TARDIS'. Did Wondy write this episode?

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
considering that the black guys got burned and turned into zombies, I'm guessing Yes, he did.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
This week...Vastra, Jenny, Strax, and...EMMA PEEL! Can't wait for tomorrow.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
This last one was the first one I really liked. The previous one wasn't so bad either as it was interesting to see more of the inside of the Tardis. This one had Vastra, Jenny, and Strax and it was fun seeing them again. I'm wondering if the whole mystery of Clara is actually getting in the way. She's pretty and it's interesting that the Tardis doesn't like her but I really don't care about her yet. BTW is the Tardis not liking her a clue? The only other time I can think of where the Tardis reacted to a companion like that is with Cap Jack. There the Tardis in a more extreme measure tried running away from him because he was impossible, always coming back to life after being death.

Fair play!
Funny eyes
100+ posts
Funny eyes
100+ posts
I remember my days of watching Doctor Who. It was the summer of 1975 I believe. I was dating a woman .. or was it a man, I forget ... anyway, I was dating a young filly, and they used to make a noise like the Tardis when they reached the peak of orgasm.
I shall never forget the blue light on their head that lit up at the same time.

As for Doctor Who. Well, I don't remember much of that.

Lets dance!
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Your Doctor Who obsession is tearing the forums apart.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
So any thoughts on the season ender?

Fair play!
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
No, we're still collating.

old one eye
2500+ posts
old one eye
2500+ posts
Warning, Spoiler:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sho...l-spoilers.html

DOCTOR WHO guest star John Hurt has blown the mystery surrounding the drama’s 50th anniversary in November – revealing he will be playing THE DOCTOR himself.

John, who has filmed the 3D special, revealed that he plays “part of the Doctor” in a “kind of trinity” with Matt Smith and David Tennant.

He dropped the bombshell when speaking at an event in Norfolk. It comes after show writer Steven Moffat took strict security measures to keep the plot of the one-off movie top secret.

And TV Biz can also reveal more details. His character will be a regeneration of the Doctor which he has FORGOTTEN about.

It comes after Christopher Eccleston refused to return for the episode, despite meeting with Moffat a number of times to discuss his role.

A source explained to TV Biz: “John will play the real Ninth Doctor. Christopher Eccleston has always been thought of as the Ninth Doctor but now that John has been revealed as the Ninth Doctor, it shuffles Eccleston’s Doctor to be the Tenth Time Lord, Tennant the 11th and Smith the 12th.

“It also means the Doctor’s time is running out as he can only regenerate 12 times.”

Our source continued: “Steven loves a complex plot and there will be plenty of surprises along the way.

“The reason the Doctor has forgotten his ninth incarnation will become clear but it’s to do with the Time War and his shame over his behaviour in it.

“Tennant and Smith’s Doctors will at first refuse to accept Hurt is them — until their sonic screwdrivers confirm it and announce, ‘He’s us. He’s the ninth us’.”

Eagle-eyed fans have spotted that John Hurt’s costume bears a similarity to Paul McGann and Christopher Eccleston’s — his version would have come between them.

A source said: “John was given a very familiar look that goes half way between two regenerations.” Billie Piper will also be returning as Rose Tyler, alongside Tennant. Gavin and Stacey star Joanna Page will play Queen Elizabeth I.

There are also two episodes left in the current series. Fans will see villains the Cybermen at their scariest tomorrow in an episode penned by leading sci-fi writer Neil Gaiman, set on a planet turned into an alien amusement park.

As well as the familiar stomping metal monsters, the Doctor and assistant Clara face a new slimline version of the metal horrors that can RUN.

The series’ final episode teases fans with the biggest mystery of all — the Doctor’s real name.

Moffatt said the episode will “change the course of Who forever”.

He added: “It’s full of surprises and questions that have never been answered in the history of Who, including the Doctor’s greatest secret.

“We’ll also find out what makes his new companion so impossible, and there’s a surprise that no one has got right so far.”

How you doin'?
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
That was a great episode. I figure Hurt is be the Doctor that wiped out the Time Lords and attempted the genocide of the Daleks. It sucks that we have to wait until November to see new episodes. I also figured since Song used up all her regenerations to bring back the Doctor he might have gotten some of hers.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
it's like chlamydia

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Honestly, the whole 'Companion saves the day' concept is getting a bit old right now. I don't mind them saving the day. It's just that it's always some huge fucking plot point. She can't just turn a knob or flip a switch. She's got to do something damn near magical. Claire telling Hartnell's Doctor which TARDIS to take was a bit much. It also fucks over a more interesting plot point of the TARDIS saying it chose him. I would have enjoyed the episode so much more if it wasn't for that ending.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I'm sticking with the Tardis choosing the Doctor. The Clara thing just didn't work for me. I'll miss River too. What comes next does look interesting though.

Fair play!
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
I'll admit that the 50th special is looking to be bigger than I thought. I hope that the reason this season lagged so much is because Moffat was putting all the awesome into it. At first I thought that Hurt might be the Valeyard. Playing a 'missing' regeneration sounds cool if they really make it have some punch and stick around unlike Tennant's fucking the timestream on Mars.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts

http://www.katu.com/news/entertainment/Helen-Mirren-talks-royalty-and-Doctor-Who-210825841.html

Quote:
Dame Helen Mirren - she received the female equivalent of a knighthood in 2003 - is as much a national treasure as the queen, though a considerably less buttoned-up one.

She has even been suggested as the next star of "Doctor Who," the beloved BBC sci-fi series about a space-hopping, time-traveling alien hero. Eleven actors have played the role since the show began in 1963, and a 12th is to be announced soon.

That has sparked intense speculation among the show's millions of fans, with some wondering whether the role might go to a woman for the first time. One bookmaker is offering 25-1 odds on it being Mirren.

"Oh, please - I would put much longer odds on it than that," she scoffed.

"But I think it's absolutely time for a female Doctor Who. I'm so sick of that man with his girl sidekick. I could name at least 10 wonderful British actresses who would absolutely kill in that role."

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
1000+ posts
1000+ posts

Dr. Wheuss!

15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts

http://www.katu.com/news/entertainment/Doctor-Who-writer-No-word-on-next-doctor-216384601.html

Quote:

'Doctor Who' writer: No word on next doctor

SAN DIEGO (AP) — The question of whom the next Doctor Who is remains a mystery, for now.

But fans of Matt Smith and his predecessor will be ecstatic once official footage of the 50th anniversary special airs because both doctors are in it, sharing many scenes, lines and scenery, too.

Steve Moffat, Doctor Who's showrunner, touted the footage — so far shown only Sunday at Comic-Con International — but asked the crowd to not share it on social media or else "there will be no more Comic-Con exclusives from 'Doctor Who' or 'Sherlock.'"

He said that recordings of the "Sherlock" preview were posted onto Tumblr with minutes of airing.

"Can you promise, as 6,000 of my Comic-Con friends, to do this?" he asked before the lights dimmed ahead of the preview. The special is due in November.

The crowd in Hall H was not disappointed in what it saw from the BBC America show.

It boasted lots of scenes between Smith, whose tenure as the Doctor ends in the special, and his predecessor David Tennant. Also featured was Billie Piper, who played Rose Tyler, the companion to Tennant's 10th doctor and, before that, Chris Ecclestone's ninth doctor.

There we scant details as to the plot, but the crowd was rapturous.

"There are lots of things that we have been setting for the 50th in Matt's final episode," Moffat said. Asked by a fan if Capt. Jack Harkness, who was played by John Barrowman, would return Moffat demurred.

"Well, you can't put everybody in the 50th!" he said, drawing laughs.

"If we have a great idea for Capt. Jack, he will come back," Moffat said.

When asked by moderator Craig Ferguson whether Smith's replacement had been selected, Moffat said, "We haven't done that yet."

Moffat noted that finding the right actor would be hard, paying respect to Smith's work in the role and the odd nature of the character, too.

"He's the same man. Each actor that plays it comes with a different emotional background," Moffat said of the regenerating Time Lord whose incarnations since the show began in 1963 have counted 11 actors. "There is only one doctor. He has lots of different faces."

For Smith, the panel was a chance to reminisce and bask in adulation from a crowd that has made his doctor their own.

"It changed everything: My life, my family's life," he recalled of the role. "I'm proud and grateful to be part of it. ... Also, because I am on the way out, I just wanted to say 'Thank you, for all your support."

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts

old one eye
2500+ posts
old one eye
2500+ posts
Is he the next Doctor?

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
He is lothar's boyfriend.

15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
Nowie or the actor?

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Lothar has so many that he forgets who is who.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Nöwheremän
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0134922/

HA! That guy was in World War Z as W.H.O. Doctor.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Yes, I had to point that out to someone yesterday.
He has also been in Doctor Who and Torchwood as different characters in the past.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
It's because the UK only has 12 actors.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
The US has 2.

15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
Two that are worth a shit.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
It's because the UK only has 12 actors.

But thats mainly because most of them are now in America working in superhero films.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Lead figurines anyone?
http://dw-figurines.com/

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
damn, I was hoping they would include the iPad.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
SOM, Apple is just the name of the company. It's not really edible.

15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
Shush up! I want to see him try to eat an ipad.

SoM,doc is a known liar and a drunk. Don't listen to him.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I'm not listening to you either. You're liarer and drunker than him.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Can't remember if this has been posted or not, but it's the unfilmed epilogue to Amy and Rory's last episode.

Page 134 of 137 1 2 132 133 134 135 136 137

Link Copied to Clipboard