Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
'The Walking Dead': Deleted scene from original season 2 opening reveals abandoned storyline -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
  • In this exclusive clip following Shane’s rescue, we see the survivors trying to seek shelter with some familiar faces from season 1— Guillermo and the Vatos. But when Rick and Co. arrive back at the nursing home where Glenn was once held hostage, well…the people they find there are not people at all, setting off a frenzied attack. Click on the video player below to see for yourself.

And to see what happens when they go inside the building, as well as to hear showrunner Glen Mazzara’s very candid commentary on why the entire escape from Atlanta storyline was cut, check out the set when it is released on August 28.

Interesting that the deleted scene/storyline would have possibly helped clarify/foreshadow the reveal that everyone who dies becomes a zombie. As others have noted when that point was revealed, at some point one of those old geezers was going to die and rise up unexpectedly and all hell would have broken loose.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
The Walking Dead Rolls Out Web Series Cold Storage:
  • The Walking Dead might not be coming back to AMC until Oct. 14, but we’ll be seeing our favorite zombie drama a couple of weeks before then. A series of webisodes called Cold Storage will be released online starting Oct. 1, and will feature Lost alum Daniel Roebeck (best known for playing the ill-fated Dr. Leslie Arzt).

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Fresh meat for the hungry hordes
  • If early episodes are any indication, Season 3 will provide a glorious payoff for those EST-ian weeks down on the farm. The action opens months later, which we see almost immediately from the size of Lori's pregnant belly and, more important, the air of grim resignation that has fallen over the troops.

Finally discovering the prison we saw on the horizon in the finale (it's not clear what took them so long), Rick and friends set about taking out the zombies "living" there with a methodical ferocity that makes slaughter look like factory work. Because that is what it has become.

Any thought that the plague will run its course or that the walkers will die of starvation is gone; killing zombies is just part of life, like scavenging for food and keeping the water supply uncontaminated. Love and hope may still bloom, but the only sense of humor left on the planet appears to belong to Daryl (Norman Reedus), whose job seems to be preserving these important parts of humanity in the same way Irish monks preserved writing during the Dark Ages.

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
Warning, Spoiler:

I wonder if it will be Merle who will take Ricks's hand off.

Or maybe it will be Andrea cutting off Rick's hand getting some revenge on Rick for killing Shane.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Or maybe rick won't lose a hand.

Spoilers.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
maybe he'll lose his dick

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I have a feeling Rick keeps his hand. It would be too hard to pull off the permanent aftermath realistically in a weekly TV series on basic cable.

They'd have to either green screen the hand and then make up his arm, which wouldn't be cheap, or they'd be forced to resort to the old "tie his hand behind him" stunt. Either way it would either look like crap or strain the shows already diminished budget.

Yeah, I know, we're going to see Merle without a hand. But Merle's not the main character, meaning it won't be as time or money consuming to do the effect. If it happens to Rick it's an ongoing, weekly cost.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
how about getting his dick cut? that wouldn't cost too much to green screen, unless he's black sized down there.

15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
Lori catches rick with Andrea and chops his dick off. Or While taking a leak outside a walker bites his Rick's dick off.

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
If Snarf was on the show he'd only get 3/4 of a walker bite.

15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
I like how Michone has domesticated those two walkers.

10.9 million watched http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/15/showbiz/tv/walking-dead-ratings-ew/index.html?hpt=hp_bn9

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
So, Herschel got bit by a zombie last week and the name of the actor who plays him isn't in the new opening credits.

Maybe the producers have gotten smarter after the Shane/DVD release publicity debacle.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Ho.
Lee.
Cow.

15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
Yeah. I thought Laurie would last longer.

I wasn't to surprised about T Dog. The character never did much in the story. It looks like they already got another black guy to take his place.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
I like the fact that at least one writer had the sense enough to acknowledge that the only useful thing T-Dog did was sacrifice himself to save Carol.

I think that Carl didn't kill Laurie and that she'll pop up later as a zombie much like Sophia.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Just caught up on the latest ep. I still prefer the show over the comic, but if there's one thing the comic does better it's michonne (at least now I know how it's pronounced).

In the comic, Michonne's character was fleshed out a bit before she and rick ended up in the Governor's territory, so she doesn't seem too one dimensional. Being tortured and raped by the governor in the comic (spoilers!) also helped justify her extreme pessimism, but in the show she's already uber pessimist since the start. I kept rooting for the governor to just throw her out already.

The governor is not as hateful as he is in the comic. Chalk it up to David Morrissey. You know he's nasty, but given the circumstances (zombie apocalypse?) you can at least understand it.

There's also the fact that Andrea and Michonne don't really have anything to fear at the compound, except learning how to be too complacent. In the comic, Rick and Michonne had to protect the prison from falling in the governor's hands.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I think TV governor is more effective because in the comic book the whole "Charles Manson meets Danny Trejo" look pretty much screamed "insane villain" from the get-go. With the TV version you can believe that people would trust him until they find out the truth.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I'm with you on Morrissey being more effective based on looks and demeanor. Got no problems at all with casting. Just the story. It hasn't established any need for Michonne and Andrea to leave, and the Governor poses no danger to the prison crew, since nobody in Woodbury knows about it.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Just watched the latest ep. Holy shit. With only two eps left before the break, we're probably building up to a throwdown between the woodbury guys and rick's crew.

A few things I've been thinking about:

- It's possible that Glenn and Maggie could end up going through the nasty shit Rick and Michonne had to go through in the comic. Maggie could get tortured and raped while Glenn hears it from the other side.

- Either Andrea or Merle (because right now, Daryl is turning into the Tyrese of the TV series, so if the gov kills Daryl, Merle could lose his shit) could do the gov in, like what Lilly did in the comic (you guys should play the Walking Dead game from telltale games. A lot of the minor characters in the comic had major parts in the game, including Lilly - the girl who killed the governor in the comic).

- Or not. The TV series has already proven that it's not afraid to go in a completely different direction.

- I'm glad the phone thing was resolved in a single episode. The comic dragged that one out for several issues.

- Woodbury crew vs Prison crew. It would be interesting how things would go down. The woodbury guys have the upperhand in manpower and firepower, but the prison crew has more experience. Crazy Rick + Daryl = 20 men, they also have Michonne. The only guys that look scary in Woodbury are the Governor and Merle. Also, if they go against the lady with the bow and arrow I don't think they'll have any problems.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Quote:
- Woodbury crew vs Prison crew. It would be interesting how things would go down. The woodbury guys have the upperhand in manpower and firepower, but the prison crew has more experience.

Also, there's an inherent advantage in defending, as opposed to invading, what is essentially a fort.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
if they're mounting a rescue of Glenn and maggie, they'd be the ones invading. They'd be in deep trouble as the walls are guarded by Miss Hawkeye and her arrows.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
That's true. But I was thinking of the sequence from the comics where the governor invaded the prison.

15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
They'd be in deep trouble as the walls are guarded by Miss Hawkeye and her arrows.
Based on the last episode all they have to do is stand still and let her run out of arrows.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
They only have room for one black guy. As soon as a new main black guy is introduced, the previous one dies.

15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
Carol is NOT a lesbian?!

Shane shot dead again!

What will this crazy show do next??

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Cops: Man shoots girlfriend over 'Walking Dead' argument
  • A Williston Park man who police said shot his girlfriend in the back with a rifle Monday after a heated argument over the television show "The Walking Dead" told authorities he was annoyed that she came to his apartment to smooth things over.

In a statement to police, Jared M. Gurman, 26, said he told his girlfriend, Jessica Gelderman, 27, also of Williston Park, to leave.

Gurman and Gelderman, who had been dating for 3 1/2 years, went out Sunday night when they began arguing about the show, an AMC thriller featuring zombies in a post-apocalyptic world, [Nassau Det. Lt. Raymond Cote] said.

"I just know that he felt very adamant that there could be some type of military mishap that would result in some sort of virus or something being released that could cause terrible things to happen," Cote said.

Gelderman, Cote said, thought her boyfriend's belief was absurd.

"She felt that it was ridiculous," Cote said.

Later, the two continued arguing through text messages, Cote said. Gelderman became concerned because Gurman had become so agitated, police said, and went to his apartment to try and calm him down.

When Gelderman showed up, Gurman told police he was sitting on the stairs holding his rifle.

"She tried to defuse the situation and calm him down and told him, 'Let's just go to bed,'" Cote said.

Gurman pointed the rifle and fired one round into the middle of Gelderman's back as she climbed the stairs, police said.

The most unbelievable part of this whole story is that this guy had a girlfriend to begin with...

I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Dipshit

"Jess walked into the room and I fired the gun once and hit her," Gurman said. "She said, 'Oh my God. What did you do?' "

Quote:
At Gurman's arraignment Tuesday in First District Court in Hempstead, his attorney, Edward L. Lieberman, of Garden City, entered a not guilty plea on behalf of his client, but outside court he acknowledged that Gurman unintentionally shot his girlfriend.

"The rifle went off accidentally," Lieberman said.

The gun "went off unintentionally?"
Bullshit. Even revolvers made post-1960 have safety devices to prevent accidental discharge upon being dropped. You can load them, cock the hammer, and drop/throw/beat on the thing, and still no round goes off...

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
The most unbelievable part of this whole story is that this guy had a girlfriend to begin with...

You would think so but fat geeky guys with mental problems seem to attract some women.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
You just made Snarf cry.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I'm catching up on the last two eps before the midseason break.

Right after the scene where Michonne kills the crazy guy in the cabin and they throw his newly dead body to the walkers (who graphically devour same), the show cuts to commercial: "'The Walking Dead,' brought to you by KFC...where fresh is better."

15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
Preview of the new eppisodes starting Feb 10 http://tv.yahoo.com/news/-the-walking-de...-191237815.html

15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts

15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts

http://news.yahoo.com/amc-hit-walking-dead-sets-series-ratings-record-214517041.html

Quote:
AMC hit 'Walking Dead' sets series ratings record

NEW YORK (AP) — The zombies keep getting stronger.

AMC's hit "The Walking Dead" set a series record Sunday night with 12.3 million viewers. The show was returning from a hiatus, and the Nielsen Co. said it beats the series' previous record of 10.9 million for its third season debut last October.

More than half of Sunday's viewers, or 7.7 million, were in the youthful demographic of people ages 18 to 49. Nielsen says a cable series has never reached that big an audience in that age group.

That's impressive by broadcast standards, too. While "NCIS" on CBS was the most popular drama on the air with 22 million viewers the previous week, fewer than 5 million of those viewers were under 50.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Damn. Rooker and Reedus completely sold that scene on multiple levels.

From Daryl's stoicism finally cracking to Merles looking at him like when he was alive and driving home the fact that Merle had always been about consuming, not loving, his brother, those guys delivered Emmy worthy work.

15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
Bye,scumbag,you were one of my favorites.

I predict next week they will kill off Hershell,Carol,Judith and Governor.

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Nope. Just Andrea \:\(

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
and Moltin.

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: K-nutreturns
Nope. Just Andrea \:\(

I've been waiting for that bitch to die since season 1. She might have survived if she stopped doing 30 second dramatic pauses every 5 minutes.

old one eye
2500+ posts
old one eye
2500+ posts

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/walking-dea...-050000225.html

Quote:

AMC's The Walking Dead is bringing in another pivotal character from Robert Kirkman's long-running comic series on which it is based.

Retired at 35 alum Josh McDermitt has joined the zombie drama in the series regular role of Dr. Eugene Porter, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

In the Image/Skybound comics, Eugene is a former high school science teacher who first appears in the 53rd issue of the series. He travels with sports coach/Army Sgt. Abraham Ford (who has yet to be cast on the AMC series) and Rosita (new recurring player Christian Serratos).

The trio eventually crosses paths with Rick as they make their way to Washington. However, unbeknown to Rick as well as eventual couple Abraham and Rosita, Eugene is lying when he claims to know what caused the zombie outbreak and instead is using the physically superior former sports coach to protect him.

The character remains alive in the comics and proves to be a key part of Rick's group, using his science know-how to manufacture ammunition.

"We're going to tell a version of the Eugene, Abraham and Rosita comic stories, that's what we do," showrunner Scott Gimple tells THR, noting that like the series has done before, there will be similarities and differences to how AMC handles the characters. "I love those characters from the book, they are very different flavors of comic book characters than we've seen on the show."

Eugene for his part, disguises the fact that he's a smart guy by altering his appearance in order to further protect himself. "Josh looks breathtaking in a mullet, he was born to wear one," Gimple said with a laugh. "I can proudly announce we will see a mullet!"

The arrival of the characters also opens the door for the series to explore different locations than the prison. "We're going to get to those characters in a bit but before that, we're going to be exploring a lot of different locations," Gimple says. "We're at the prison the first two episodes. We start looking at other places in episode three on but that isn't even tied with them yet.

Abraham, meanwhile, is a married father of two who following the outbreak returned from a hunt for supplies to find his wife and young daughter had both been raped and his young son force to watch. He ultimately kills the culprits and loses his family, who flee him in fear and are latter found, turned. He eventually becomes Rick's right-hand man after his group loses a key member in battle.

Repped by Innovative and Trademark Talent, McDermitt's credits also include Work It, Last Comic Standing (where he was a semi-finalist during season four) as well asABC pilot Kings of Van Nuys. He was a regular on TV Land's recently canceled Retired at 35.

The Walking Dead returns for its fourth season Sunday at 9 p.m. on AMC.

How you doin'?
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I saw it. Poor piggie.

It's weird that there are people on the net speculating that the virus is mutating and has infected the pig. I don't think there's any sense in the writers going with that kind of plot - I thought it's already been established that everybody already has the infection, and it just kicks in when they die. They can't get infected because they already have the virus.

I bet the kid with the glasses just died because he was sick from something. Probably the same disease that killed the pig, but it's not the zombie virus.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard