Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I'm on the fence on this one, pending further information.

The take of those who arrested the Indian diplomat in the U.S. is that she was paying her nanny just over 3 dollar an hour, subjecting her to inhuman wages and working conditions.

The take of India's government is that all the nanny's expenses were paid, and therefore she was compensated in other ways, and therefore didn't need a larger hourly wage.

The arrest and booking of the diplomat seems excessive. The Fox news report of what occurred said she was subjected to cavity searches and then locked in a holding cell with drug addicts and prostitutes, and that the Indian diplomat broke down crying at several points.

The Indian government acted excessively when it took away the barricades outside the U.S. embassy, and far beyond humiliation, is exposing U.S. nationals inside to terrorist attack, as well as harassing every U.S. and Indian employee to wage investigation.

On the one hand I admire the India government for exerting its muscle in asserting its extreme outrage.

And I wish that under Obama, when the Mexican president had criticized the inhuman and "racist" treatment of Mexican illegals, the U.S. government would have had the balls to fully exert its muscle against Mexico and its citizens for the insult.

I find it odd that, looking on youtube, it was almost all India reports, and difficult to find a U.S. media report of the incident. Maybe that will change in a day or two.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
It's a sign of the times that India can do that to the once mighty American empire.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
There used to be a time when America's foreign policy was "the fuck are you gonna do about it, zabu?"

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I miss when that tiger was more than just paper.

Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Yeah. That invasion of Iraq went swimmingly.

This seems remarkable. A cavity search for a statutory wages dispute? Of an embassy official? What a fuck-up.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I was hinking of this incident recently, and looked up the topic again.
The original link I put up has expired, so here's one of the incident by Fox News:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/in...est-removes-security-barriers-at-embassy

And from Youtube :

Dangerous payback for Indian diplomat's strip search (CNN)

Indians outraged by U.S. strip search, arrest of diplomat (CNN, Don Lemon. Man, has HIS era at CNN ended ! )

India retaliates after arrest of diplomat in NYC (CBS morning news, Margaret Brennan)

India demands US apology over diplomat arrest (Aljazeera)

And how the incident eventually turned out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devyani_Khobragade_incident

The U.S. filed charges, dismissed Khobragade, hen re-arrested her, and then the whole thing appears to have fizzled ou despite the charges in early 2014, amid several former U.S. diplomats saying it was a stupid move by the U.S. to arrest her and treat her the way they did.

Cavity search. Of an India diplomat. And the daughter of a higher India diplomat, no less. What the hell were they thinking?
But again, I admire the India government for flexing their muscle on this, to express their extreme outrage over how the U.S. treated an India diplomat. An expression of power the U.S. seems afraid to flex in similar situations.
Such as two separate incidents during Obama's presidency, where U.S. marines were imprisoned by Mexico (essentially held hostage by corrupt jail officials, to exttort cash payouts by their families for their release).
Or the Daniel Pearl beheading.
Or currently, almost 90 attacks in Iraq and Syria on U.S. bases by Iranian proxies, since Ocober 7th.
Or Hamas killing or taking hostage 42 Americans during Hamas' October 7th raid on southern Israel.

While less powerful, India has demonstrated they would not tolerate these kind of attacks on their citizens and military.
Whereas repeatedly the U.S., insanely, does tolerate these atacks.

Link Copied to Clipboard