Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 46 of 47 1 2 44 45 46 47
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
My convoy stop tactic was to pick a part of the route where there is a bridge/traffic lights/bollards and use that to either stop them or take out the lead car. And if its a convoy where you can kill the target, just use the grenade launcher.

Hope there is some decent DLC at some point, as the ones I got with the Dedsec edition were fairly basic.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Is the Dedsec stuff the one you get to play as T-Bone? Because that's the only stuff I'm really seeing right now other than a new AR game.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
The T-Bone dlc isnt out yet to my knowledge.
The ones I had were the Palace pack which was basically a mission where you had to infiltrate a big mansion type house, and then chase a guy down.
There was a mission to get the biometric assault rifle, which is the gun I pretty much use all the time now.
I supposedly had the breakthrough pack which had something about scramblers, but cant say I noticed it in action.

To be honest as I had them from the off, it was hard to know what was and wasnt dlc unless it was marked on the map as exclusive mission, but I think that was the dlc that all Playstation owners got and X Box/PC owners didnt.

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Spent $10 on a playstation plus membership and downloaded Remember Me, Castle of Illusion, and NBA 2014 free. C.o.I. is fun, a modern take on the old sega genesis game I played as a kid. Remember Me is interesting, great design, and has a fascinating story concept. I like the concept more than the execution. The combat doesn't flow well. You're encouraged to build up combo moves to use special abilities but when you have 3 guys attacking you at once it's almost impossible because of the timing factor required. I keep finding myself mashing the square button which makes getting through battles even more difficult. I'd give the game a 7 out of 10 and I'm glad that I basically paid $3 for the game.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Playing Far Cry 4 on the brand new PS4 right now. I'm not sure I like the whole 'mountainous region' atmosphere as opposed the pacific island, but overall I'm enjoying it. What I really appreciate is that enemies don't stop patrolling the area after you've taken an outpost. There's constantly a skirmish over every horizon. The previous game had a real issue with keeping the pressure up.

I just wish they put more fucking effort into Ajay's character. He's supposed to be an innocent babe tossed into the deep end of the turbulent, totalitarian world of death and destruction--a FAR CRY from his North American bubble--and yet there's none of the shock and awe and emotional distress that accompanies killing someone (at least for the first time; Far Cry 3 was pretty good about getting that point across).

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
They specifically changed track with this one as far as character goes due to complaints about FC3. That is why there isnt much actually vocally from Ajay. Its also the reason there is a lot more humour in this one.
Personally I love it, and love the fact that all 3 of the FC games I have played have a totally different environment. Stops them from having that same old same old feeling that you get with the likes of Battlefield, Call of duty and numerous other franchises.

I promised myself I would not play FC4 until I finished AC Unity and The Crew, but I failed to keep that promise as I have been addicted to it for a couple of weeks now (think I have logged over 40 hours and not even completed the story yet as off finding all the posters and letters etc).

Other than those three games mentioned, I am also playing Driveclub on occasion and WWE 2k15.

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
I am playing the shit out of Borderlands 2. It's just as fun, and in a lot of ways superior to the original. Handsome Jack is such an evil bastard but I can't help but like the guy. I'm playing solo for now but my second play through will most likely be online coop. I want to pick up all the best loot and I know those fuckers will take all my shit

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Nöwheremän
They specifically changed track with this one as far as character goes due to complaints about FC3. That is why there isnt much actually vocally from Ajay. Its also the reason there is a lot more humour in this one.

The first one wasn't without humor. The reality is that whiny feminist cunts and SJWs in general just felt like complaining about having the rich white guy in the game. I'd never even heard the phrase "White Messiah" used as a pejorative for an (allegedly) racially charged plot device prior to their crocodile tears of racism and "dudebro-ness."

Quote:
I promised myself I would not play FC4 until I finished AC Unity and

I never had a taste for AC's gameplay or its penchant for revisionist history, so I avoided it despite all of the GameStop staff's peculiar obsession with getting me to purchase it (even though I had a pretty sizable stack of games already).

I'm still annoyed that my PS4 and PS3 have to share a shelf--as opposed to simply consolidating all my gaming to one console. That being said, I went on a binge and bought a bundle of PS4 games that were on sale.

Killzone: Shadow Fall
Infamous
Evil Within
The Last of Us: Remastered
Grand Theft Auto 5
Watch Dogs Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Ver. (on SoM's recommendation)

The only one I've touched thus far is Far Cry 4. I'm ashamed to say that I've scrounged every last corner of southern Kyrat for all the collectibles so far. I've just met Willis (again). I love how he's so unabashedly right wing.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Been there and done that with Willis, so I wont spoil it if you are not finished with his missions yet.
So far I have every collectible except one journal which is in Mins palace, so not sure if I can get in there now or wait until the story takes me back there.

Just trying to do the last Shangrila mission, and its a total cunt.

Should be finished in the next few days.

Got a gift card for christmas, and seeing as one branch was out of the 3D blu ray of Guardians of the galaxy (and the moron bitch behind the counter kept trying to sell me the standard version instead, despite telling her I only wanted the 3D version) and the next branch didnt even stock it, I decided to pick up a used copy of Metro Redux.
I loved Last light on the PS3, so will be cool to play that again and play 2033 for the first time as it wasnt on the PS3.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
btw, only one on that list you posted that I havent played is Evil within. I almost picked that up today but not sure its any good as havent heard much about it, which is always a worry.

I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
Battlefield 4 has sucked me in yet again on the PS3.

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

You weren't kidding. I've tried killing that fucking bird about two dozen times now.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
btw, only one on that list you posted that I havent played is Evil within. I almost picked that up today but not sure its any good as havent heard much about it, which is always a worry.

I'm playing it right now.

I'm ambivalent. It's essentially Silent Hill 4 meets Call of Cthulu. The HUD and control scheme is fashioned similar to Dead Space, which is kind of annoying but not too terrible a burden.

I think what's annoyed me the most thus far is the very underdeveloped hiding system. You can fight and kill enemies, but sometimes it's not worth the effort to go after some of the more monstrous ones, so you have to hid in a closet or under a bed until you're out of their proximity. Normally this would be okay with me, but the directionality of the sound is all over the place, and I can't figure out whether they're right next to me or across the room.

Anyway, we'll see how it progresses.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah

You weren't kidding. I've tried killing that fucking bird about two dozen times now.

Completed FC4 a few days ago, with just two co-op related trophies left to get the platinum.
That shangrila mission is mostly about luck. All depends on where the ground based enemies spawn and whether the tiger kills most of them for you or not. Just shoot him in the mouth two or three times when its open. He will fall to the floor. Send the tiger to him and when his mouth opens, shoot him again. You need to do this three times I think.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Finished Evil Within....Uh....It's a competent game. I was right on the money with the Silent Hill and Dead Space comparison (with some Resident Evil 4 thrown in), but I jumped the gun when I assumed a Lovecraft theme. Turned out to be something else entirely.

The graphics aren't exactly stellar, but that doesn't count against it very much--with the exception of pop-in textures of course. The white wash visuals give it the right kind of atmospheric varnish that complement its dully horrific atmosphere. The mechanics could be a little dysfunctional in close quarters at times, but aside from that, it was pretty functional.

What's far more questionable is the story. There's a shit ton of things about it that aren't making sense, and the ending barely helped. If they had provided just one or two more clues, the picture would probably be more clear. As it is, there's missing pieces. And the main character didn't even bother trying to connect the dots himself with even the briefest of monologues to help the player figure out what kind of rabbit hole he'd fallen into. At one point, he acknowledged that he was trapped inside an abstract reality dreamed up by a separate entity, but when he gets visual proof of this, he acts all stupid and says, "It can't be," essentially confusing the player all over again with regards to exactly what facts have actually been established.

Leave it to the Japanese to create a mystery thriller that relies solely on a series of inductive details that may or may not lead to a precise conclusion--the Nippon audiences love that kind of vagary for some fucking reason.

All and all, it was worth the $35 I spent on it. However, $65 would be pushing the envelope--especially considering that it's a relatively short game. It took me a couple of days to finish, but I have a feeling that I'd only need an aggregated 10-12 hours if I didn't take my time (and that's a bit of a generous estimate).

Edit: Okay, I just now read that this is apparently the first of an episodic DLC trilogy. I'm not sure if that affects the individual game positively or negatively, but I suppose it explains the lack of explanation.

Last edited by Pariah; 2015-01-13 10:34 AM.
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
So basically it should never have been a full price game in the first place if it isnt complete. The whole DLC thing is getting to be a joke these days. Even Destiny was not the full game in many respects.

Anyway, Far Cry 4 was a great game, but like so many games the ending was really "meh". Problem is, there are 3 endings (4 if you count the ending at the start of the game where it ends if you dont get up from the table), and by all accounts the best ending is the one you are least likely to choose, but even that kinda sounds like it sucks.
Still some replayability with side missions to finish (though not many as I did most of them as I played), online and co-op if I fancy helping someone else.

Started with the Metro Redux games a few days ago.
I loved Last light on the PS3, so it was kind of a no brainer to get this seeing as the first game was never on the Playstation before.
Playing 2034 now as its new to me, and is obviously set before Last light. As its pretty much identical to Last light gameplay wise, I am really enjoying it.
I cannot compare it to the original obviously, but comparing it to the PS3 Last light, it looks pretty nice. Yeah the facial animations are not fantastic, but this isnt a game initially developed for the current gen, just one tarted up for it, so I can accept that. Overall though it looks really nice. Did have a quick look at Last light, and it looks pretty similar.

I know its kind of a gripe with some people how so many games have been ported over to the new gen, but I like the fact its allowed them to breathe new life into games I have already played. Granted they did very little to make Injustice look any better, but that was a pretty looking game anyway, and we did get an extra costume or two that were not on the PS3 version. Tomb Raider I never played, so that had to be given a shot, and it was fantastic, with some amazing visuals. Sleeping dogs did look good, but because of how big the gap was between playing the PS3 and PS4 versions, I cannot say how much they improved it to be honest.
GTA V though you can certainly see the improvement in, with stuff like grass and foliage added in, and wildlife etc.
And then there is The Last Of Us. A visually stunning game on the PS3 got even prettier on the PS4.

With the exception of GTA & Last of us, it does seem though to be some strange choices of titles that have been ported over. Tomb Raider was considered a flop sales wise, as was Sleeping dogs. Metro I dont know the specifics on that, but I doubt it was a massive hit.
You would have thought that other bigger games might have got the transition first.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Uggh! Shadowfall sucked!

The visuals were gorgeous, but the game itself missed the mark and repeated the same mistakes of Killzone 3. Special ops rather than actual warfare does not suit the franchise. The whole thing felt like more of a social commentary rather than a shooter anyhow.

I firmly believe that Guerrilla are good developers, but they need to outsource their writers because the stories in the past two games have fucking SUCKED. It's such a huge shame too because they had a good idea in the Helghast, but they just keep fucking it up with the most bizarrely retarded story developments. And not to mention that they seem to shift the goal post with every iteration--three sequels, over a dozen retcons. Fuck that.

After this disappointment, I want to just skip Infamous, Watch Dogs, and Sleeping Dogs so I can go straight to Last of Us (something I know I'll like). But I'll probably stick to the order I've planned out.

Gah! That sucked!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I'm at the first moral decision in Infamous 2.

I was hoping SuckerPunch would have learned its lesson last time they handed the player nothing but loaded decisions with faulty premises, but it looks like they're retards to the end. I doubt I'll finish this shit.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Yeeeaaahhh--after the Fetch decision, I just called it quits. SuckerPunch makes a decent enough free roam (still mediocre compared to others on the market), but the whole superpowers aspect--which is admittedly well done--doesn't make up for simplistic moral decisions and a tired bigotry narrative that's more forced than X-Men. The "Bio-Terrorist" pejoratives are the crappiest attempt at sociopolitical parody I've ever seen: it's like they thought they could get away with any writing foibles as long as you made shooting cinder and neon pretty enough.

They might've gotten away with this shit if they hadn't made Delsin such a douchebag. But it's like they felt obligated to make him an SLC Punk reject spouting his own brand of street smart alternative morality and pretentious commentary on tolerance.

Playing Sleeping Dogs now. I understand why SoM compared the fighting system to Batman. I feel kind of frustrated though since I keep trying to use it like the Free-Flow system and fucking it up in the process.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I just wish Sleeping Dogs' story wasn't so linear. I wanted to defect to the Triads.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I haven't even bothered advancing the story yet. I'm having too much fun beating everyone up.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Sleeping Dogs is turning into one of those 'grow on you' games.

It's not exactly polished, but it has a lot of little details that make it really fun in an innovative sort of way.

Certainly lacking as a free roam--and as a shooter--but it's pretty damn entertaining.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
I just wish Sleeping Dogs' story wasn't so linear. I wanted to defect to the Triads.

Yeaaaaaahh--definitely wanted an alternate ending. I didn't want to join the triads, but I didn't want Jiang to come out on top. The game tried to fashion her as some kind of lesser evil or good-hearted criminal, but she's just as cunty as everyone else (Big Smile Lee included).

I wanted a "Kill 'em all" option.

And, quite frankly, I didn't find Pendrel to be all that bad until they went down the 'Interpol promotion' route, effectively making Hong Kong just an afterthought to him. Frankly, the game's narrative has no right to quibble about Pendrel breaking the rules when that's essentially what Shen's been doing the entire game. As such, Shen had no right to complain when Pendrel let the 18k loose on the Sun On Yee when he was the one who refused to work with his own organization.

The game had a lot of greatness to it. However, the story was less than satisfying.

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
GTA 5. One of the guys so work with gave me his copy cuz he bought an Xbox one so I figured I'd play it even though I don't care for GTA and do the same thing with every GTA game. I like running over people, blowing up cop cars and doing damage. I don't even know where I am in the story line. Is there one? I don't care. BOOOOOOOM!!!!!

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Still playing a fair bit of Marvel Heroes 2015. It was shit when it first launched but they fixed a lot of stuff and it's very playable now. It's even more enjoyable than Diablo 3 (even though it's basically Diablo 3 with Marvel skins.) and has a lot more shelf life - once you're done maxing the levels on all of Diablo 3's classes, that's pretty much it. Marvel Heroes comes out with new hero characters on a monthly basis so there's always a new character to learn and level.

Only downside right now is if you're heavy into lore. Lore accuracy pretty much goes out the window when you see 3 Juggernauts, Silver Surfer, Thor, and a bunch of Hulks having trouble taking down Batroc the Leaper.

Also, I found out that I don't need to spend money to get access to the exclusive costumes. Just farm in game currency for one of the cards or blender default costumes and let the luck of the draw give you the really expensive costumes.

I just got Captain Murrika's Winter Soldier costume this way.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Playing Homeworld Remastered right now. Started a Steam account just for this occasion.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
UGH!! The formations don't work right and the tactics don't work at all.

Apparently, to get the kind of visual results they wanted, Gearbox completely did away with Homeworld 1's Ballistic engine and overlapped the game with the Homeworld 2 build and design. The game itself is beautiful, but the process of applying these older mechanics to a completely foreign engine has not be seamless.

Homeworld Remastered is more or less broken until Gearbox fixes everything.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Been playing Lego Batman 3 for the last couple of weeks, but just switched to The Order 1886 & Dying Light.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Just started on Dragonball Xenoverse. Bandai Namco did a better port job this time around compared to that Naruto crap that ran like ass even though it was capped at 30fps. The game has all the necessary graphics options for the Sammitch market (no fps cap, 4k support) and it's well optimized too, judging by how I'm getting smooth 60fps even on my ancient PC, with only the shadows turned down to medium.

Servers are currently being flooded so I couldn't try the multiplayer. I did manage to get in once, and saw that people are already max leveled on the first day the game was released. Not even going to bother fighting against other people online.

Single player is decent. It's basically a dragon ball rpg that finally allows you to create your own character. I made a fat pink character that shoots balls. And he wears a space age monocle.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
I made a fat pink character that shoots balls. And he wears a space age monocle.

Is it Rob from his sequel to Ball toucher?

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
It's not Rob. The character is very tall.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Steam just put a lot of relatively unpopular titles on sale, but it's got some really good (if a little bit old) titles thrown in the mix, and I have some funds on my Steam Wallet left over from an Internet giveaway I won months ago. I got:

Batman: Arkham Origins
Torchlight II
Borderlands 2
Borderlands: GoTY
Halo: Spartan Assault
Nail'd

Each one was selling for around 100 pesos ($1 = 42 pesos) or less. I spent the last remaining funds on Dead or Alive 5 Last Round preorder. They drove down the price and added free DLC to preorders because they missed the release date. I'm not even sure my PC can run this when it comes out, but I basically spent nothing on the games so it's still a win. Plus I heard Dead or Alive 5 is all about bouncing digital boobs.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
I'm playing Rayman Legends and Donkey Kong Country (I just bought it to have it but decided to play a little and now I'm up to Kremroc Industries) and I realized the new Rayman games are better sequels to the original DKC than the new DKC games. I liked those, but they're basically the old games with better graphics and a few improvements. Rayman Legends and Origins add new mechanics to the same basic formula and it's amazing.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Rayman who loved bowling.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I'm playing Wasteland 2.

It's really pissing me off right now because I've deigned to play it on the hardest difficulty with only one party member, so I can't get anywhere.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Spent a couple of hours trying out all the games:

Batman: Arkham Origins - I know this wasn't made by the exact same people who made the two previous games, but it doesn't seem like it. It looks like Batman: Arkham City, and plays like it. I just wish the locations are more varied. I mean, I know Batman prefers working at night but it's not like he'd look out of place in a lighted area (the imaginary stages with Ra's Al Ghul in Arkham City looked real good.)

Torchlight II - I pirated this a long time ago, so me getting a legit copy was just a way of making it up to whoever lost money when I pirated stuff. It's still the same Diablo 2-inspired ARPG. I didn't like the steam punk elements. I wish they stuck to the fantasy medieval themes.

Borderlands: GOTY - haven't started yet.

Borderlands 2 - I'm still at level 5 and stuck on the 2nd main quest and just leveling up on random mobs. It's taking so long to get a decent gun and to level up. Those damn bullymongs are murdering me.

Halo: Spartan Assault - it's SMASH TV, with a Halo theme. Fun in short bursts but not something you'd enjoy playing for hours

Nail'D - it's a fun racing game, but I was disappointed because I expected a Motocross game, and it's not. The mx and ATVs all handle like racecars and everything goes at supersonic speeds. It's basically Wipeout with motocross skins.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Batman: Arkham Origins - I know this wasn't made by the exact same people who made the two previous games, but it doesn't seem like it. It looks like Batman: Arkham City, and plays like it. I just wish the locations are more varied. I mean, I know Batman prefers working at night but it's not like he'd look out of place in a lighted area (the imaginary stages with Ra's Al Ghul in Arkham City looked real good.)

The only reason I liked that one the best is because it was just Batman and no one else, and he was acting like a total badass most of the way (like he should).

Obviously, it was going to get shitty at some point because it occupies the same universe as the others, which pressure the character to somehow be more social and eager to ask for help and have sentimental conversations about nothing.

Still, it offered the most amount of play time without Batman acting all gay and stupid. So it was the best of the three.

The ending fight with Joker was a fucking anti-climax though. Seriously, they could have handled that better.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Did you play it on PC? I haven't gotten very far yet and I keep reading about bugged/glitched points in the game like falling through floors and stuff. Did you experience any of those? or were the complaints coming from people who pirated their copies? (I remember that Asylum originally had an intentional bug with the gliding, which the devs fixed in the first patch, and all the people who complained in the forums were outed as pirates.)

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Nah. I played it on PS3.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Did you play it on PC? I haven't gotten very far yet and I keep reading about bugged/glitched points in the game like falling through floors and stuff. Did you experience any of those? or were the complaints coming from people who pirated their copies? (I remember that Asylum originally had an intentional bug with the gliding, which the devs fixed in the first patch, and all the people who complained in the forums were outed as pirates.)

It was bugged to fuck on all formats initially. I played it on the PS3 and had the falling through the floor bug. And what made it worse is it autosaved at the same time, so every time I respawned, I would just fall through the floor. Ended up having to download my previous days game save from the online server and play the last few hours again.

Overall I enjoyed the game, and while it was a different dev team, they used the same engine etc, so was essentially the same. The biggest issues were that it looked less polished and was riddled with bugs (which thankfully were fixed). Overall though it just lacked the quality of the main series, and kinda rehashed a lot of shit.
The silliest thing though, as with doing any prequels, is that they have to try to add things to what Batman can do, so it kinda makes him look like he gets shittier at things as he gets more experience being the Batman in this prequel has better moves and weapons than he does in the games set later.

Page 46 of 47 1 2 44 45 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard