Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Daunte Wright had multiple criminal charges on record when he was pulled over, court documents show

Daunte Wright had multiple criminal charges on his record when he was pulled over and fatally shot by police.

Wright, the 20-year-old black man who was shot by in an apparent accidental discharge, had previously been charged with first-degree aggravated robbery, fleeing from police, and possession of a handgun without a permit. Wright also had a warrant for his arrest out at the time of his fatal shooting after failing to appear in court for the fleeing and weapons charges.

The aggravated robbery charge stemmed from a 2019 incident in which Wright and an acquaintance attended a party at an apartment and were told to leave around 2:30 a.m. by two women who rented the apartment, according to court documents. But the two men said they did not have a ride, prompting the women to allow them to stay the night.

The next morning, one of the women left the apartment to get $820 in cash to pay the other for her share of the rent before leaving for work. The other woman stayed behind while Wright and his acquaintance waited for their ride. Then, the woman alleged that Wright blocked the door and pulled out a handgun "with silver trim out from either his right waistband or his right coat pocket” and demanded that the woman hand over the $820 while pointing the gun at her.

When the woman asked Wright if he was “serious,” Wright responded by saying, "Give me the f---ing money. I know you have it. ... I’m not playing around.”

Wright then choked the woman while attempting to pull the money out of her bra, but she was able to free herself and "started to kneel down and scream” for the men to get out of her apartment, telling them the police were close by. But Wright threatened to shoot her if she didn’t turn over the money, saying, "Give me the money, and we will leave. Give me the money, and we will go."

Wright then attempted to choke the woman a second time, but the two men eventually left the apartment without the money, driving away in a white Cadillac. Wright was later arrested and released on $100,000 bail under the condition that he would not contact the victim or witnesses, could not use drugs or alcohol, and was not allowed to possess a firearm. That bail was revoked in July because Wright was found in possession of a firearm and had not kept in contact with his probation officer.

The case was still pending when Wright was pulled over with an expired registration on Sunday.

From the above description of his prior offenses, you can see this was not an isolated incident, but that this sack of human shit spent a lifetime committing similar incidents until this one showed up on the radar, and resulted in charges against him.

And it's an absolute fact that if this jerk had cooperated with the police on the night of his death, he would have not ended up accidentally shot by officer Kim Potter. My opinion is, his accidental death cut short what would have been Daunte Wright's future decades of similarly victimizing and possibly killing countless innocent people.

THIS is the sack of human shit that Black Lives Matter lionizes as a victim of racism. While it is a tragedy, it is a tragedy almost entirely of Daunte Wright's own making.
He committed the crimes.
He didn't appear for his own criminal court date, automatically creating a warrant for his arrest.
He didn't keep current the registration on his car, that resulted in his being pulled over by police. (Despite a false narrative that he was pulled over because of an air freshener, the illegal air freshener hanging from his rear view mirror was observed by another officer AFTER he was pulled over and questioned.)
He was evasive and rude to the officers who questioned him.
And ultimately, he tried to avoid arrest, hit the officers, shoved them aside, and got back in his car to drive away and escape.

This is the sack of shit that protesters are shouting "Say his name" and threatening to riot and burn down cities in retaliation for.

And we have seen this over and over for the last 10 years, every time the inital coverage alleges it was a "racist" police shooting of a black suspect, and virtually every time the facts come out over the next few days, showing it was another criminal thug piece of shit who had a long list of prior violent offenses, was uncooperative, resisted arrest, and usually even attacked the police.

Another article I read said that in 15 recent cases like officer Kim Potter's, only 3 resulted in criminal prosecution. While Potter clearly made an error, I would argue that Daunte Wright caused the circumstances where she made the error and accidentally drew her firearm instead of her taser. Wright could have endangered the lives and killed any or all of the 3 officers, could have drawn their firearms or tasers to use against them, as occurred with Lashawn Brooks at a Wendy's in the Atlanta area not even a year ago. Brooks overpowered 2 officers and beat them almost unconscious, grabbed one officer's taser to fire at him, when the other officer drew his gun and killed Brooks.

Over and over, the public is lied to by the media about these cases, "police racism" is alleged, and then the true facts vindicate the alleged racist officers.
This is just the latest case example.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I think it’s more about no one should wind up dead from a traffic stop. He clearly wasn’t a saint and I honestly feel sorry for the officer that accidentally shot him instead of tazing him. He tried to flee and that resulted in his death by the officer accidentally using the gun instead of the tazer.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I mostly agree.

But this is a guy who committed a previous armed robbery with an illegal handgun. When he fought with officers, got into his car and tried to get away, there was absolutely no way the officers there could permit that to happen. The police already had his identity, and the car he was driving, and his home address. And no money, hence his robbing a girl at gunpoint for a relatively piddly $850. I wonder where this guy thought he could flee to, that he wouldn't be caught.

It kind of goes without saying that (absent officer Kim Potter having accidentally fired her gun) Daunte Wright would have quickly been apprehended again, after a high speed chase and possibly other bystanders injured. I had a 64 year old aunt (a college professor) who was accidentally killed in such a high-speed chase by criminals. And a cousin who was in the passenger seat, who spent a year learning how to walk again after several painful reconstructive surgeries.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

https://lansingdaily.com/bus-driver...-say-but-i-dont-see-a-knee-on-your-neck/

April 23, 2021

A white bus driver in Louisiana has lost her job after allegedly racially taunting a sixth-grade student.

The alleged incident took place in St. Bernard on April 9, when Rashad Gabriel ran to catch the bus to Trist Middle School in the morning. By the time he boarded, he was breathing hard and his face mask and slipped beneath his nose.

The bus driver reportedly scolded 11-year-old Rashad for his mask, who tried to explain he was out of breath from running.

‘Since George Floyd, that’s what you all say, but I don’t see a knee on your neck,’ the driver allegedly told the young black boy.

The racist comment was allegedly made on the school bus on April 9.

Rashad’s mother Rose Gabriel was furious when her son told her what had happened.
‘I just started crying,’ Gabriel told WWL. ‘Don’t make him feel inferior. He’s not inferior to nothing.
‘He’s equal to any of those students on that bus.’
The remarks were reportedly heard by Rashad’s fellow students and caught on the onboard bus camera, although footage from the bus has not been made available to the public.

Okay, I sure wouldn't want to even try to defend that one. It's possible the driver was trying to make a joke and it came out wrong, but as said, it is unmistakeably racist. It's in the category of, you're in a professional work environment, and it's something you never would say, even in a friendly joking way among friends on the job.

I think a lot of these incidents are exagerrated or conflated to be racist, when there is no evidence that it was racial, such as the George Floyd incident, or the Daunte Wright incident, where they both had criminal records, did something illegal, and resisted arrest.

It happens, there ARE legitimate racial incidents, and while this school-bus one was not a crime, it was arguably a fireable offense.

But I think more often than not, they are twisted to fit a narrative, rather than on the true facts. And it bothers me that racism is a two-way street, but there is only a hair-trigger for prosecuting or firing incidents of"white racism", when every race has racist thoughts and racist incidents, and many truly vile racist attacks against whites get a complete free pass. There is a clear eagerness to go after whites, and a reluctance to cite or punish minority-on-white violence, by the police, by the media, by schools and universities. Or by the liberal media about the often viciously racist social media by their own reporters! Ractist posts, and certainly partiosan and far from neutral.

I'm thinking in particular of an incident I posted to the Trayvon Martin topic where almost the exact same time as the Michael Brown shooting in Ferguson, Missouri, a black police officer shot and killed a white teenager for no good reason, and who had no criminal record.
Whereas Michael Brown was a career criminal who had just robbed a store, attacked officer Darren Wilson in his car, and then came back and charged officer Wilson in front of 3 witnesses (who were reluctant to come forward and tell the truth) . Brown charged the officer "like a linebacker", forcing Wilson to shoot him, pause, shoot again when Brown still wouldn't stop, then Wilson paused again, and shot a third time before Brown fell dead at his feet.
In virtually every one of these incidents, the black suspect lionized as a saint was resisting arrest and/or violently attacking a police officer, and gave the officers little choice, far from being innocent Bambi in the dark forest when racist cops opened fire on them. In virtually every case, officers were forced to deal with a known criminal suspect who was resisting arrest if not threatening the officers forced to act.

In the Salt Lake City black officer shooting, there was virtually no coverage. And with complete callousness and disinterest for the white kid's surviving family, the Salt Lake City police just made the case go away and the black officer who shot the kid --for no logical reason!-- was not prosecuted. It just didn't fit the narrative, and therefore was made to disappear.

Link Copied to Clipboard