Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Every time I see this guy interviewed, he not only consistently offers a clever common-sense perspective, but makes me laugh, with some folksy pearls of wisdom.
A few of tonight's pearls, regarding Biden and the Democrats, what they promise and what they deliver :

"What you say is not what you believe. What you do is what you believe. The rest is just cottage cheese"

And:

"The water's not going to get any cleaner until you get the pigs out of the tub."

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Ooh, do Republicans on the national debt!

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
"If you believe that tax policy has nothing to do with the economy, then you’re pretty much like a rock, only dumber."
--John Kennedy

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
"In theory, the MSRB is supposed to protect the public interest, investors, and state and local governments. In practice, the MSRB membership structure is more shaded toward protecting the financial professionals who broker the deals."
--Senator John Kennedy

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
In November, several studies showed that the Senate Republican tax bill would greatly benefit rich people while raising taxes, or at least not delivering as much relief, for those of more modest incomes. Critics called it an unnecessary gift to the already wealthy.

Kennedy dismissed the studies, telling The Washington Post: "You can find an analyst to say just about anything you want to say."

"Let me tell you about economic forecasting. There are 300 Ph.Ds and economists at the Fed, and not a single one of them called a meltdown in '08. ... Economic forecasting around this place in the last 10 years -- let's be fair, the last eight years -- makes those psychic hotlines look reputable."

Among other zingers in the same collection of Kennedy quotes.

https://www.nola.com/news/article_4f142d73-5196-5108-a368-771a6b2df317.html

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
https://www.kennedy.senate.gov/public/2022/1/kennedy-to-powell-how-much-debt-is-too-much

Kennedy to Jerome Powell: How much debt is too much?

Jan 11 2022

[ Watch Kennedy’s questioning here. ]

WASHINGTON – Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.) today questioned Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell during a Senate Banking Committee hearing about the rising U.S. debt and urged him not to politicize the U.S. dollar.

Key excerpts include:

KENNEDY: “I have some questions, but first, I have a plea. Above all else—above everything else on your plate—I ask that you please preserve the independence of the Federal Reserve. The last thing that America needs right now is to have the Federal Reserve politicized. It’s the last thing the world needs right now. And believe me, the whole world is watching, including our enemies. . . . Political fads come and go, but the dollar doesn’t—I hope not. The dollar underpins the entire world economy. Politicize it at your own risk.”

. . .

KENNEDY: “Behind me is a chart of our public debt going all the way back to, I think, 1990. You don’t have to be Euclid to see that the direction is up. . . . So, here’s my question to you: At what point—how much is too much? At what point, in your judgment, are we going to hit the point where you have to say: ‘No, that’s it. We can’t do anymore. It’s hurting the world. It’s hurting our country’?”

POWELL: “ . . . We’re on an unsustainable path. Debt is not at an unsustainable level, but the path is unsustainable—meaning it’s growing faster than the economy, meaningfully faster than the economy. We have to address that over time. We will address it over time. And the better way to do it is soon.”

Kennedy asked Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen a similar question last November.

Watch the video of Kennedy’s questioning here. [Youtube video]

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Kennedy gives opening statement in Judiciary hearing on SCOTUS ethics

From 3 days ago, Sen. John Kennedy cites the Chuck Schumer-led threats to conservative U.S. Supreme Court justices Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Amy Coney-Barrett, Clarence Thomas and others past and present, resulting in ever bolder slanderous attacks, bolder attempts to intimidate and invade the privacy of justices and threaten their families, and even an armed gunman with zip-ties with clearly stated intent to kill the first of three conservative justices. All directly traced to rhetoric of Sen Chuck Schumer and other Democrat-Bolsheviks, who daily pour kerosine on the fire, and then act shocked --SHOCKED-- that the fire built to an explosion.

While Sen. Kennedy cites Democrat slander-attacks and violent rhetoric dating back to the Robert Bork and Clarence Thomas nomination hearings, and other nominations Democrats successfully destroyed.
Sen. Kennedy's comments are clearly sparked by the attacks over the last few weeks against Clarence Thomas, for his having a rich conservative friend whose house Thomas stayed overnight in, and who (gasp, choke !) paid a year's tuition for a boy Clarence Thomas had befriended when the boy's family suffered hardship. But none of whom were related to any case, none of whom were beneficiaries of any case, that Clarence Thomas ruled on as a court justice. And therefore no quid pro quo, no conflict of interest. Just Democrat slander.

As contrasted with justices like Sonia Sotomayor, or Elena Kagan, or Ruth Bader Ginsberg, who have manifested a clear conflict of interest and personal bias on cases they ruled on. Ginsberg conducted a gay wedding ceremony several weeks before making a national 50-state ruling in favor of gay marriage!

As always with the Democrat/Left, they slanderously attack conservative justices who are guilty of nothing, and then give a free pass to liberal justices who arguably have far more egregious conflicts of interest. The U.S. Supreme Court is the only branch of government at present that remains within the Constitutional rule of law, protected from Democrat-Bolshevik corruption. And Democrats desperately want to seize it, either by
1) slander of the Court's integrity,
2) by expanding the number off justices and stacking it with Democrat-Bolshevik idealogues like Sotomayor, or Kitanji Brown Jackson (who can't even answer what a woman is !),
3) by (Sen. Chuck Schumer-style) intimidation and/or violence against conservative judges,
or
4) by stoking outright killing of conservative justices.

This is your Democrat-Bolshevik party at work. Whatever serves the revolution.
"Left of Lenin Democrats" indeed.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I'm Just Asking...': Senator John Kennedy Doesn't Let Up On Inspector General Of Federal Reserve

Talk about trying to nail Jello to the wall. I notice consistently that deep state officials, any department, any agency, evade giving any details of what their office does, what they accomplish, how they protect the public. Even the most basic questions asked of them, that they could easily foresee being asked, they are seemingly unprepared for and refuse to give even the most broad estimate of. Whether it's DHS secretary Mayorkas, or supreme court nominee Kitanji Brown-Jackson, by their account they don't know nothin' about nothin'.

Just by asking the questions, even without clear answers, Sen Kennedy makes this I.G. look precisely as evasive, obscenely overcompensated and dangerous to the system as he truly is.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Appearing on Hannity tonight, some pearls of wisdom from Sen. John Kennedy :

(Saying that most of the nation agrees with him that: race is not even a consideration in our daily lives, that for most of us, race is not something we spend much time even thinking about : )
"To a bear, we all taste like chicken. "

(About the upcoming 2024 presidential election, and the many new unnecessary crippling economic and international crises of the last 3 years, and how they will voe based on that : )
" The American people are not stupid. But they think Joe Biden is."

Link Copied to Clipboard