Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
Irony:

Quote:

Good effort, but you still lost.

Better luck next time.

--------------------
"Oh snap. I got served. Etc. "

Disco Steve's final words.

Idiocy:

Quote:

The fact that I have a degree doesn't blind me to the truth that the vast majority of kids in college are complete dumbfucks, either concerned with mimicking their professors, or partying. Thankfully that wasn’t me: I did well with my major, but with most of the brainwashing prerequisites I just made it through.

Am I an “anti-intellectual”? No. I did take some courses that worth my while, and they had real value to me. Am I anti-pseudo-intellectual? You bet. That’s why I don’t like you...you're one of those types who buy into whatever the talking heads at (fill in the address of a Bush parody site) are force-feeding you.

I do have a degree, so once again, you don’t have a clue. Typical.

By the way, I want to applaud you. How you managed to make it though college without falling prey to the brainwashings and you alone knowing and keeping the TRUTH is commendable. You're my new hero. You alone can reason while all of your fellow students as well as us dumb unwashed have to take talking points from "liberal" professors and democraticunderground.com

Oh, and congratulations on winning. Whatever it is that you happened to win....

I dunno, Disco Steve's absense? Your delusions of grandeur made known??

You win.

As if anyone gives a fuck. Which was my point in the last post.

A Million JLA's for one Disco Steve.

By the way, sorry chewy. If you can somehow move the non-topical stuff somewhere else, it'd ease my mind.

Or I can simply rehash my opinion that anything less than a HBO miniseries of Watchmen would be a wasted and futile effort.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

whomod said:
Irony:

Quote:

Better luck next time.

--------------------

Idiocy:

Quote:

The fact that I have a degree doesn't blind me to the truth that the vast majority of kids in college are complete dumbfucks, either concerned with mimicking their professors, or partying. Thankfully that wasn’t me: I did well with my major, but with most of the brainwashing prerequisites I just made it through.

Am I an “anti-intellectual”? No. I did take some courses that worth my while, and they had real value to me. Am I anti-pseudo-intellectual? You bet. That’s why I don’t like you...you're one of those types who buy into whatever the talking heads at (fill in the address of a Bush parody site) are force-feeding you.

By the way, I want to applaud you. How you managed to make it though college without falling prey to the brainwashings and you alone knowing and keeping the TRUTH is commendable. You're my new hero. You alone can reason while all of your fellow students as well as us dumb unwashed have to take talking points from "liberal" professors and democraticunderground.com

I dunno Disco Steve's absense? Your delusions of grandeur made known??

You win.

As if anyone gives a fuck. Which was my point is the last post.

By the way, sorry chewy. If you can somehow move the non-topical stuff somewhere else, it'd ease my mind.

Or I can simply rehashg my opinion that anything less than a HBO miniseries of Watchmen would be a wasted and futile effort.

Quote:

britneyspearsatemyshorts said:
RACK MrJLA!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

MisterJLA said:
Disco mentioned me before anyone else!

I wasn't mentioned.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I posted on his little journal thingy.

Maybe I shouldn't have, not sure. But I did.

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Quote:

whomod said:
Irony:

Quote:

Better luck next time.

--------------------

Idiocy:

Quote:

You win.

Or I can simply rehash my opinion that anything less than a HBO miniseries of Watchmen would be a wasted and futile effort.

this is Priceless! JLA im SO jealous now.......

rex #380586 2004-12-20 3:05 PM
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

rex said:
IGN

Quote:

Aronofsky Ankles Watchmen
Director needed for comic book pic.

November 03, 2004 - Ain't It Cool News breaks the dispiriting news that director Darren Aronofsky has ankled Paramount Pictures' big-screen adaptation of Watchmen. The Requiem for a Dream filmmaker was long attached to helm the development hell-plagued feature adaptation of the classic Alan Moore/Dave Gibbons graphic novel.

The site claims that "the reason (Aronofsky) left involves timing issues. See, The Fountain is about to start principal photography. We're talking about a matter of days here. And I love The Fountain as a project. Paramount just couldn't wait, though. They want to have Watchmen in a theater by the summer of '06, no matter what. That means they need a filmmaker who can be ready to shoot long before Aronofsky would be ready. So the hunt is on."

AICN adds that the cast Aronofsky was mulling would have been "glorious." Past reports had Simon Pegg and John Cusack up for Rorschach and Nite Owl, respectively. There's no word yet on if David Hayter's script has also been jettisoned.

Found this blurb on Hollywood Reporter as being posted a couple weeks after the announcement of Aronofsky's leaving the project.

Quote:

Nov. 22, 2004
Greengrass, Par on Watchmen

Paul Greengrass, who directed "The Bourne Supremacy," is going to direct "The Watchmen" for Paramount Pictures. The project is based on the seminal DC Comics limited series of the same name, created by writer Alan Moore and artist Dave Gibbon and originally released in 1986 as a 12-issue comic book. Darren Aronofsky had been attached to direct but bowed out because of scheduling conflicts. Aronofsky is shooting "The Fountain," starring Hugh Jackson. David Hayter has written the screenplay for "The Watchmen," which Paramount was eager to put into production. With Greengrass aboard, the project is now eyeing a possible 2006 release date. (Borys Kit and Liza Foreman)

I've not seen The Bourne Supremacy yet... or any of the other films this guy has directed, for that matter. Anyone who's seen anything of his care to enlighten me as to what his style/ability is? Do you think he can pull this off?

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
chewy either talk about whomods latest breakdown or take this to the sensitive forum.....

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
This is the greatest thread ever.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
And it's all because of Aronfski, or whatever his name is.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
I posted on his little journal thingy.

Maybe I shouldn't have, not sure. But I did.

You did well, young grasshopper...

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

britneyspearsatemyshorts said:
Quote:

whomod said:
Irony:

Quote:

Better luck next time.

--------------------

Idiocy:

Quote:

You win.

this is Priceless! JLA im SO jealous now.......

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

whomod said:

You win.

Thanks, but I already knew that!

rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
The official site is up:
http://www.watchmenmovie.com/

Its not much yet, but at least this post is on topic.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Man that whomod was full of anger......I'm glad rob banned him and sentenced him to a year of anger management classes.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
you know who would have liked this topic? whomod.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
The poster looks cool. I was expecting Rorschach's face, tho.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
From IGN.FilmForce

Quote:

February 28, 2005 - IGN FilmForce investigated the possibility that one of director Paul Greengrass' Bourne Supremacy cast members might reunite with him on his next film, Watchmen, and we've come up with some curious albeit inconclusive results.

We heard a rumor that Oscar-nominated actress Joan Allen – who appeared in The Bourne Supremacy as shady government operative Pamela Landy – might portray Sally Jupiter (a.k.a. The Silk Spectre I) in Watchmen.

For those unfamiliar with the Alan Moore/Dave Gibbons comic book, Sally Juspeczyk (she later changed her surname to Jupiter) was the mother of Laurie Jupiter. Both women fought crime under the guise of The Silk Spectre. Sally's relationship with the slain Comedian (Edward Blake) is a key subplot in both the comic and the screenplay adaptation by David Hayter.

Sally's role in the draft I read was significantly diminished from what it had been in the comic but she was nevertheless important. Sally appeared in roughly a half dozen scenes.

IGN FilmForce's e-mail inquiries to Allen's reps at ICM and her publicist at PMK/HBH went unanswered. A rep at ICM refused comment on the matter when reached by phone.

The 48-year-old Allen's credits include Face/Off, The Notebook, The Contender and The Upside of Anger.

Watchmen aims to begin filming this summer in Britain for a 2006 release.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
I giving Watchmen another try. I read that Alan Moore is a Ayn Rand fan and puts a lot of her philosophy in his comics. Its supposed to be really evident in Watchmen.

Edited because of my stupidity.

Last edited by rex; 2005-03-02 7:30 PM.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
What the fuck does Frank Miller have to do with Watchmen?

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
I'm sorry, I meant Allen Moore. Both of them are fans. I just got their names mixed up.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
It's got Nite-Owl, and Nite-Owl II's costume looks a lot like Owl-Man's, and Owl-Man is The Bat-Man's anti-matter version, and The Bat-Man stars in Dark Knight Returns, and Dark Knight Returns is Miller's best work.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
I like Allen Moore too, he directed Horatio's Drive: America's First Roadtrip!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod
I'm sure you realize there is this stereotype of conservatives as being anti-intellectualism.

In that context, isn't the designation "Intellectual" moreso a kind of partisan movement as opposed to an actual summation of a person's intellect?

Just because you dub your group "Pragmatists" or "Intellectuals" that doesn't necessarily make you pragmatic or intelligent.

Pun-damentalist nutjob
400+ posts
Pun-damentalist nutjob
400+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Chewy Walrus
Anyone who's seen anything of his care to enlighten me as to what his style/ability is?

Keep some dramamine handy. You're gonna need it.

Or, as ABBA would say (just to piss off whichever one of you hates ABBA with a passion hotter than the hottest flames of hell - I know at least one of you does...)

"You can watch, you can jive, having the time of your life
See that film, watch that scene, take some dramamine"

I can't think of anything Moore to say about what Greengrass is gonna do with "Watchmen" than that.

This is not vengeance. This is pun-ishment.

"The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability." — Edgar Allan Poe
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
ABBA RAWKS!

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: The Pun-isher
Anyone who's seen anything of his care to enlighten me as to what his style/ability is?

Or, as ABBA would say (just to piss off whichever one of you hates ABBA with a passion hotter than the hottest flames of hell - I know at least one of you does...)

I can't think of anything Moore to say about what Greengrass is gonna do with "Watchmen" than that.

You do realize that Greengrass has been off this movie for some time; and it's now Zack Snyder of Dawn of the Dead and 300 fame directing this movie, right?

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
still ABBA rawks!

Pun-damentalist nutjob
400+ posts
Pun-damentalist nutjob
400+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
 Originally Posted By: The Pun-isher

You do realize that Greengrass has been off this movie for some time; and it's now Zack Snyder of Dawn of the Dead and 300 fame directing this movie, right?

Um...no...not 'till you said so.

Anyways, I was mainly responding to a question about Greengrass's directing style. But I'll refrain from making comments that are snyder than that.

This is not vengeance. This is pun-ishment.

"The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability." — Edgar Allan Poe
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard