The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
OP Offline
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
Neo-Geo Forum: Official WWE Thread Post #6809
WWE.com/Smackdown Results

Quote:

LONDON, ONTARIO, Canada – In a highly tumultuous week for sports-entertainment, the Superstars of SmackDown headed toward Saturday Night’s Main Event and then One Night Stand with the imminent tri-branded draft circling their thoughts. Championships and rivalries may all have to take a back seat after the blockbuster announcement of the draft and no Superstar, Diva or leprechaun is safe when the draft takes place in less than two weeks on Raw.

One man who remains focused heading into One Night Stand is the No. 1 contender to the World Heavyweight Championship, Batista. World Heavyweight Champion Edge attempted to play some mind games with Batista on the SmackDown debut of The Cutting Edge, but The Animal would not allow the ultimate opportunist to get into his head, instead delivering a verbal and physical message of his own. The Rated-R Superstar and Batista go one-on-one in a 15-foot high steel cage this Sunday on pay-per-view.

Looking to deliver his own message to Kane (one of the participants in Saturday Night’s Main Event as one of the “strangest”), the World’s Strongest Man Mark Henry viciously assaulted the Big Red Monster in singles competition. These two mammoths will now face off at One Night Stand in a Lumberjack Match, and if their SmackDown match was any indication, Henry and Kane may need more than the lumberjacks to contain them.

Making her mark felt on SmackDown is the new Assistant General Manager Vickie Guerrero. On her first day on the job, Vickie was instrumental in making the Lumberjack Match between Kane and Mark Henry. General Manager Theodore Long praised Vickie for her efforts, and then addressed the worries of his girlfriend, Kristal. Long eased Kristal’s concerns of being drafted away from her boyfriend by telling her that he would “give up everything to be with her.”

In other SmackDown action, Deuce & Domino successfully defended their WWE Tag Team Championship in a Triple Threat Tag Match, defeating Paul London & Brian Kendrick and William Regal & Dave Taylor. Triple threat rules were in effect, as only two competitors were allowed in the ring at one time, although they could tag anyone they chose. The win for the men from the Other Side of the Tracks did not come without controversy, as Deuce’s girlfriend and Domino’s sister Cherry got involved just when it seemed it was London & Kendrick’s night, helping secure the win for her boys.

When it comes to securing victories, nobody has been hotter than Matt Hardy. He teamed with Chris Benoit to take on the team of the United States Champion Montel Vontavious Porter and The Miz. Benoit’s issues with MVP have not ended, and the Wolverine took his hostility out on The Miz, forcing the recently aggressive youngster to tap to the Crossface. The U. S. Champ MVP and Benoit will stare across the ring at each other again tomorrow night at Saturday Night’s Main Event in more tag action, when Benoit teams with Batista to take on Porter & World Heavyweight Champion Edge.

One Diva who is feeling the thrill of success is Michelle McCool, who arrived at SmackDown after winning the Memorial Day Bikini Beach Blast Battle Royal on Raw. The rivalry between McCool and Jillian has been brewing since the tone-deaf Diva attacked Ashley, and McCool was able to pick up another victory over the wannabe pop princess when Ashley distracted Jillian.

Finally, two Superstars who won’t give each other an inch of breathing room are Hornswoggle and Little Boogeyman. The two will participate at Saturday Night’s Main Event as part of “the smallest” attraction when Hornswoggle teams with Finlay, and Little Boogeyman teams with Boogeyman. As a warm-up, the two squared off in singles action, with Finlay’s leprechaun using the Tadpole Splash after a shillelagh shot from the Irishman to win the match with Boogeyman’s mini-sized minion.

Matches
Chris Benoit & Matt Hardy def. United States Champion MVP & The Miz
Michelle McCool def. Jillian Hall
Hornswoggle def. Little Boogeyman
Mark Henry def. Kane (Countout)
WWE Tag Team Champions Deuce & Domino def. Paul London & Brian Kendrick and William Regal & Dave Taylor

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo Forum- Come for the games...stay for TEH DRAMA!!!
PixieP Offline OP
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
OP Offline
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
Neo-Geo Forum: Official WWE Thread Post #6834
WWE.com/Smackdown Results

Quote:

Leading to a manic Monday
By Lennie DiFino
June 8, 2007

ORLANDO, Fla. – As all of WWE and ECW braces itself for the draft on Monday’s Raw, the World Heavyweight Champion Edge is taking all precautions to protect the title from Batista. After Edge’s attempted attack during The Animal’s match with United States Champion MVP backfired, the Ultimate Opportunist may be more concerned than ever that his title is in jeopardy. Earlier in the night, Edge had been in non-title action vs. Chris Benoit, as part of the first two huge announcements made by Assistant General Manager Vickie Guerrero.

Action in the ring was mild in comparison to the actions of the Chairman, as Mr. McMahon continued his heinous week when he visited SmackDown. The tormented McMahon made life miserable for any Superstar that crossed his path, including World Heavyweight Champion Edge, General Manager Theodore Long and especially SmackDown Diva Ashley, among others. The tirades of the Chairman have sent shockwaves through the world of sports-entertainment.

Mark Henry has made the thrill of victory a permanent feeling since returning to SmackDown, and his path of glory has meant a path of pain for anyone who has stepped in his way. After wearing down and dominating Kane at One Night Stand in a Lumberjack Match, Henry was faced with taking on Boogeyman on SmackDown. The “self-proclaimed Silverback” dominated the worm-eating Superstar en route to another impressive win. Henry then made sure that it was known that not even the smallest of animals was safe in his jungle when he brutally attacked and annihilated Little Boogeyman.

Coming off of losing the World Tag Team Championship with his brother Jeff, Matt Hardy was thrust into a Handicap Match against the WWE Tag Team Champions at the behest of Mr. McMahon. The courageous Hardy fought with everything he had, pushing the tag champs to the limits, and when it seemed Matt had the match won after a Twist of Fate, Deuce delivered a vicious Crack em’ in da’ Mouth to get the pin.

Finally, in Six-Man Tag Team action, Paul London & Brian Kendrick teamed with Jimmy Wang Yang to defeat Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero, Daivari & Jamie Noble. With the Draft approaching, could this be the last time London & Kendrick stand together as a team in a SmackDown ring?

Matches
Mark Henry def. Boogeyman
Paul London, Brian Kendrick & Jimmy Wang Yang def. Daivari, Jamie Noble & Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero
World Heavyweight Champion Edge def. Chris Benoit (Non-title)
Deuce & Domino def. Matt Hardy (Handicap Match)
Batista def. United States Champion Montel Vontavious Porter (Non-Title, DQ)

"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
For my sins I watched last nights show!
The whole "Vince has snapped like Ray Adler" gimmick is just laughable!

The faces he pulls, his posture, his voice and the way he walks is more like he has suffered from a stroke rather than he has had a mental breakdown!

The matches varied from good to terrible, with the most surprising result being a fairly clean win by Edge on Benoit, which finally gives him some legitimacy as a champion rather than just an opportunist!

We really dont need to see close ups of Vikki Guerreros mug, as she is fugly!
I think its cause she needs to be closer to the screen to read her autocue.

I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I too watched this one and the whole Vince "Rain Mahon" thing was dumber than shit.But the Edge/Benoit match was decent and I did like the six man tag match at the beginning,The Boogeyman/Mark Henry match was terrible to watch and only served to push Henry as a more bad-ass and keep dropping Boogeyman further down the jobber ststus.

It's a dog eat dog world & I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Damn you and your lemonade!!

Booooooooooooooobs.
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
allan1 for Sports mod...

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
Quote:

MisterJLA said:
bpt for Secret forum mod...

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Quote:

allan1 said:
I too watched this one and the whole Vince "Rain Mahon" thing was dumber than shit.But the Edge/Benoit match was decent and I did like the six man tag match at the beginning,The Boogeyman/Mark Henry match was terrible to watch and only served to push Henry as a more bad-ass and keep dropping Boogeyman further down the jobber ststus.

What I really hate about the Henry thing is that it looks like has either signed, or is ginna sign an extension to his original 10 year deal.
Why else would they be pushing him when his contract is gonna expire?

I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
Exactly.Henry has never been too successful after the Nation of Domination disbanded except a litle bit as Sexual Chocolate and his fling with Chyna.Besides that,he's been on again/off again for years.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Booooooooooooooobs.
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
1) He cant actually wrestle
2) He has got fatter and slower as years have gone on
3) He has a habit of getting injured for long periods of time

I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
Wow.....that just summed up a lot of 'em.Mostly the old NWO wrestlers.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Booooooooooooooobs.
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Well if we are talking about Scott Hall
1) He can actually wrestle, but tends not to
2) He has got fatter and slower as years have gone on
3) He has a habit of getting drunk for long periods of time

I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
Not so much Hall or even Nash for that matter,but a lot of the other ones whose names escape me.I liked Hall & always thought the Razors Edge was one of the most awesome finishing moves EVAR!!

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Booooooooooooooobs.
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Horace Hogan!

I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
That's definitely one of 'em.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Booooooooooooooobs.
CLOW Empire Warlord!
few posts
CLOW Empire Warlord!
few posts
Neo-Geo Forum: Official WWE Thread Post #6861
WWE.com/Smackdown (direct link to results)

Quote:
PHILADELPHIA – After the devastation of Monday’s Raw, the Superstars of SmackDown and the new draftees paid tribute to Mr. McMahon throughout the night. As questions swirl around the tragic events that befell the Chairman, SmackDown carried on the show, hoping to relieve some of the emotional stress that haunts them in the wake of the horrendous limo explosion.

One of the bright spots coming out of Monday night was the drafting of four new Superstars to Friday nights, and new draftee Ric Flair arrived and went straight to the top for his first fight – a non-title contest against World Heavyweight Champion Edge. Earlier in the night, Flair’s former Evolution teammate and protégé Batista was in non-title action against United States Champion MVP. As The Animal’s pursuit of the Rated-R Superstar and his gold will continue at Vengeance: Night of Champions in a Last Chance Match, their paths crossed once more on SmackDown.

In other action, the WWE Tag Team Champions Deuce & Domino defeated Paul London & Brian Kendrick. The boys from the Other Side of the Tracks used their powerful, in-your-face style to pick up the win in what could be their last appearance on SmackDown together. With the Supplemental Draft scheduled for Sunday at noon ET exclusively on WWE.com, Deuce & Domino, as well as every other SmackDown Superstar, are still in danger of moving from Friday nights.

One Superstar who thrives on danger is Matt Hardy, who took on William Regal in one-on-one action. Hardy has been one of the hottest Superstars in all of WWE lately, on a winning streak unmatched in recent memory before catching the ire of the presumed dead Chairman. Regal, however, began the night with a heartfelt address over the events involving Mr. McMahon, and he couldn’t find a way to overcome both Hardy and his emotions. Matt Hardy can certainly feel on track after the win on SmackDown.

Finally, Jimmy Wang Yang became the No. 1 contender to Cruiserweight Champion of the World Chavo Guerrero and his title. Yang was able to defeat Shannon Moore, Jamie Noble and Daivari in a Fatal Four Way match to decide who would take on Guerrero at Vengeance: Night of Champions. Yang has had major success in non-title matches against the champion, but Guerrero is a veteran who always shines brightest in the big moment. Can SmackDown’s resident redneck find the key to success once more at Vengeance: Night of Champions?

Matches
WWE Tag Team Champions Deuce & Domino def. Paul London & Brian Kendrick
Matt Hardy def. William Regal
Batista def. United States Champion MVP (Non-title)
Jimmy Wang Yang def. Jamie Noble, Shannon Moore and Daivari (Fatal Four Way)
Ric Flair def. World Heavyweight Champion Edge (Disqualification, Non-title)

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
PixieP is dead!
Joe will be mortified!

PixieP Offline OP
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
OP Offline
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
Pixie is far from dead. I couldn't remember my username for a moment since it's different than my normal name so Arc posted the results but I'M BACK!!! \:D

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Joe is saved!

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
the return of the warlord! Woo!

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
PixieP Offline OP
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
OP Offline
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
Neo-Geo Forum: Official WWE Thread Post #6914

Quote:
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - For Edge & MVP, SmackDown was perhaps a sneak preview and a lesson that they might have their hands full at Vengeance: Night of Champions. The World Heavyweight Champion and the United States Champion teamed up to take on their respective challengers, Batista & Ric Flair, only to find themselves on their backs when the final bell sounded.

Going into Sunday, it is clear that Batista and Flair have momentum on their sides. Can Edge hold off Batista’s challenges for a third and final time? Will the “Nature Boy” earn yet another title reign just weeks after joining the SmackDown roster?

Lead federal investigator Daniel Beck had an announcement of his own on Friday night, catching up our concerned fans with the latest developments in the case. Beck has been able to confirm that in addition to Mr. McMahon and the limo driver, the DNA of another “well-known personality” was also discovered in the limo’s remains. As Beck continues digging, the Chairman may be able to rest in peace come Monday when a special three-hour edition of Raw commemorates Mr. McMahon’s life.

While SmackDown marked a night of momentum and confidence for many Superstars heading into Vengeance: Night of Champions, Theodore Long had the biggest Friday night. In light of Mr. McMahon’s presumed death and Long’s realization that life can be filled with unexpected events, SmackDown’s General Manager asked Kristal to marry him. Taken aback, the Diva left the ring in tears, but moments later composed herself and accepted Long’s proposal in the locker room area.

Chavo Guerrero hopes the main event tag team match on SmackDown wasn’t the only sign of things to come. Along with Jamie Noble, he was able to defeat Shannon Moore and his Vengeance: Night of Champions opponent Jimmy Wang Yang. The Cruiserweight Champion was able to gain momentum and get the three-count over Moore. Though Yang watched his team lose on SmackDown, he has yet to be pinned in recent weeks and remains a threat to Guerrero’s gold on Sunday.

Matt Hardy got a match in as well, preparing for his chance to regain the World Tag Team Championship with his brother on Sunday. His win over Finlay came at a high price, however, as the Irish brawler removed the protection from Hardy’s knee and repeatedly blasted it like a punching bag.

In other action, Mark Henry rolled through Funaki, further establishing that he is truly King of the Jungle. Also, one of SmackDown’s newest Superstars, Chris Masters, earned a win with his devastating Masterlock.

Matches
Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero & Jamie Noble def. Jimmy Wang Yang & Shannon Moore
Mark Henry def. Funaki
Matt Hardy def. Finlay
Chris Masters def. Local
Batista & Ric Flair def. World Heavyweight Champion Edge & United States Champion MVP

PixieP Offline OP
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
OP Offline
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
Neo-Geo Forum: Official WWE Thread Post #6959

Quote:
The Animal's revenge
By Andrew Rote
June 29, 2007

SAN ANTONIO – Last Sunday may have been Vengeance: Night of Champions, but this week’s SmackDown was truly a night for revenge.

Much to his disappointment, Edge was forced by acting General Manager Vickie Guerrero to face Batista in a Night of Champions rematch. Even though he is not eligible to win the World Heavyweight Championship, The Animal ran wild on Edge in the main event. After punishing the Rated-R Superstar throughout much of the contest, Batista foiled his plans for a spear when he turned it into a setup for an earth-shaking Batista Bomb, following by a three-count.

As Edge lay on his back, Batista raised the World Heavyweight Championship and then dropped it on the still body of the titleholder. The Ultimate Opportunist still has the gold, but does The Animal have his number?

In one of the night’s inter-promotional matches, WWE Tag Team Champions Deuce & Domino had their hands full with Cryme Tyme. Raw’s notorious thieves tripped Domino and popped him in the kisser, breaking his nose before Domino was able to roll up Shad for the pin. Cryme Tyme may have lost, but revenge was theirs when they drove out of the arena in Deuce & Domino’s ride.

Montel Vontavious Porter didn’t look as sharp as he did when he retained the United States Championship against Ric Flair at Vengeance: Night of Champions. Capitalizing off of a missed kick by MVP, Kane sent the prosperous Superstar to the mat with a chokeslam. Fortunately for MVP, the title is still his and his contest with Kane wasn’t an Inferno Match like the last time they met at Armageddon.

Flair didn’t have the chance to get revenge on the United States Champion this week, though he was able to teach a lesson to his other young, disrespectful rival, Carlito. Raw’s self-proclaimed coolest Superstar suffered the infamous Figure Four Leg Lock before tapping out to his former mentor.

The Cruiserweight Championship was once again on the line when Chavo Guerrero faced Jamie Noble and Funaki in a Triple Threat Match. Proving once again that he deserves the gold, Chavo covered Funaki to earn the win. Perhaps nobody is quite on his level when it comes to SmackDown’s cruiserweight division.

Another chance for vengeance came when Matt Hardy took on one half the World Tag Team Champions, Lance Cade. Hardy hit him with a Twist of Fate out of nowhere and covered Cade, who didn’t have his partner in crime this time around to help him bend the rules.

In other SmackDown action, The Great Khali turned Eugene into his personal ragdoll and Mickie James spoiled Victoria’s first night in action as a member of the SmackDown roster.

Matches
Ric Flair def. Carlito
Matt Hardy def. Lance Cade
Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero def. Funaki and Jamie Noble (Triple Threat Match)
WWE Tag Team Champions Deuce & Domino def. Cryme Tyme (non-title match)
Kane def. United States Champion MVP (non-title match)
Mickie James def. Victoria
The Great Khali def. Eugene
Batista def. World Heavyweight Champion Edge (non-title match)

PixieP Offline OP
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
OP Offline
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
Just watched a promo for a new tag-team heading to Smackdown: Jesse and Festus. Festus looked like Eugene's long-lost brother!!!

feetbanger
100+ posts
feetbanger
100+ posts
Oh, my God! How many times have we seen Kane vs MVP and Batista vs Edge? Let me count the ways. How many stars are there in the sky? How many drops of water are there in the ocean?

I love you Trish!!
PixieP Offline OP
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
OP Offline
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Mickie James
Oh, my God! How many times have we seen Kane vs MVP and Batista vs Edge? Let me count the ways. How many stars are there in the sky? How many drops of water are there in the ocean?

At least you came on Smackdown and laid the smackdown on Victoria \:\)

I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
See,this is one of the things I get tired of here lately.The same people wrestling over & over & over.How many times are Edge & Batista gonna wrestle each other?If they want Batista to have the belt,then give it to him and let's move on to something else.I miss the days where they build a feud that culminates at a pay-per-view and the matter is more or less resolved.Then they feud with someone else and so on.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Booooooooooooooobs.
PixieP Offline OP
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
OP Offline
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
Neo-Geo Forum: Official WWE Thread Post #6985

Quote:
A big surprise
By Andrew Rote
July 6, 2007

DALLAS - When Edge began hosting The Cutting Edge, you can be sure he didn’t have the latest edition in mind. After asking Theodore Long for the night off from action, the SmackDown General Manager promised the Rated-R Superstar his biggest guest in The Cutting Edge’s history… and he delivered. Kane surprised the World Heavyweight Champion, tossing the host out of the ring and earning himself a title opportunity at The Great American Bash.

Looking for a Bash invitation of his own, The Great Khali terrorized everybody in his path, promising not to stop until somebody accepts his open challenge for a match at the pay-per-view. After several of Khali’s attacks, Batista marched to the squared circle and stood eye-to-chest with the Indian giant. The Animal’s acceptance came too late for some, though. Jimmy Wang Yang suffered a double-handed chokeslam, Deuce and Eugene’s match was interrupted as both were attacked, and even a producer was thrown almost through a wall.

Elsewhere on SmackDown, Matt Hardy kicked off the night with a victory over United States Champion Montel Vontavious Porter. The win was anything but easy as both men contributed to one of the most athletic contests our fans have ever seen. With his victory, Hardy may have taken a step closer to becoming a contender for the United States Championship.

In their first match against each other in each of their illustrious careers, Finlay found a way to pick up the win against Ric Flair, beating him at his own dirty game. Hornswoggle tried to interfere and the “Nature Boy” hit him with a vicious chop. When the referee examined the injured leprechaun, however, Finlay struck Flair in the back of the knee with his Shillelagh. Moments later, Flair tapped out to the Celtic Cross.

Jimmy Wang Yang has enjoyed success in the past few months, winning match after match and coming close to earning the Cruiserweight Championship at Vengeance: Night of Champions. When he faced Chris Masters, though, it looked like time for him to ride off into the sunset. The Masterpiece had his way with the redneck rebel, capping the contest with the virtually inescapable Masterlock.

In other action, the Major Brothers made their SmackDown debut with a convincing win. Chuck Palumbo also had success in his first Friday night match when he silenced the cocky Kenny Dykstra.

During a photo shoot, Torrie Wilson told Victoria exactly what she thought of her: the Diva is crazy. The brawling beauties destroyed the set as they clawed at each other until they were pried away, but the rivalry is sure to heat up further.

Matches
Matt Hardy def. United States Champion MVP (non-title)
Chris Masters def. Jimmy Wang Yang
Major Brothers def. Locals
Finlay def. Ric Flair
Chuck Palumbo def. Kenny Dykstra
Eugene vs. Deuce (no contest)

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
Palumbo?

Eugene?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
They don't have any ties to Benoit!

PixieP Offline OP
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
OP Offline
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53
Palumbo?

He's not listed on the Smackdown Roster though I find it interesting this person is!!! \=O

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
\:lol\:

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Palumbo has been doing house shows for a while now.
I think Taker might have something to say about his bike entrance!

PixieP Offline OP
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
OP Offline
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
Neo-Geo Forum: Official WWE Thread Post #7,000

Quote:
Officially on
By Andrew Rote
July 13, 2007

NEW ORLEANS – Whether or not Batista truly knows what he is doing by accepting The Great Khali’s open challenge, their match at The Great American Bash is now official. The Animal couldn’t wait to put the ink on the paper when he sat across from the giant for a contract signing. When he wrote his name, he made a statement: he is certain and he is confident, despite Khali's impressive resume and massive size.

The Great Khali didn’t come to the table with the same enthusiasm as his pay-per-view opponent. Translator Ranjin Singh called Batista an animal who belongs in a cage rather than in the ring with a competitor like Khali, seemingly stalling the inevitable signing. After some thunderous words from The Great Khali himself, he signed and formally closed his open challenge.

Batista offered a handshake when the two Superstars rose from their seats, but when The Great Khali refused it, The Animal slapped him across the face. Batista may not be quite as tall as his opponent, but he is big enough to strike fear in the giant, who fled the ring. Displaying his power, The Great Khali tore the stairs away from ringside and threw them into the squared circle, only to have them returned via airmail along with every chair and a table.

Edge did some redecorating of his own when he held a Mardi Gras celebration at New Orleans Arena. Dancing on a float in the middle of his parade, the World Heavyweight Champion made his way to the ring, surrounded by costumed party attendants. Unfortunately for the Rated-R Superstar, Kane was waiting behind one of those masks to give Edge a preview of things to come at The Great American Bash. The Big Red Machine sent Edge home from his party early, capping off a night of stalking the World Heavyweight Champion in the locker room area for two hours.

SmackDown kicked off with a hard-fought match between Matt Hardy and Chris Masters that could have gone to either Superstar. Hardy found his way to a victory, however, with a Twist of Fate as his opponent at The Great American Bash Montel Vontavious Porter looked on. When the bell sounded, MVP came to ringside and exchanged taunts, distracting Hardy and setting him up for Masters to apply the dreaded Master Lock from behind. MVP had his fun with the trapped Superstar, hitting him with elbows and the Playmaker and taking the mental advantage just nine days before they face.

Mark Henry had his way with a Superstar, as well. The World’s Strongest Man was initially slated to take on Deuce, but the greaser pulled a fast one and convinced Eugene to take on his opponent in exchange for a ride in their hot rod. Eugene quickly regretted the deal when he saw Henry pound toward the ring. Deuce, Domino and Cherry laughed as they watched Eugene submit, ending a quick contest.

Jimmy Wang Yang also regretted stepping into the ring when he faced Finlay. The Irish brawler gave the redneck Superstar a taste of the Celtic Cross, leading to his victory, but that was only the beginning. Hornswoggle fired out from under the ring and donated his body to be used as a weapon as Finlay drove the leprechaun into Yang’s stomach.

In other SmackDown action, the Major Brothers picked up an upset victory against Chavo Guerrero & Jamie Noble when Brett Major pinned Chavo after a dropkick off the turnbuckle. Chuck Palumbo also earned his second win on SmackDown in quick, convincing fashion.

The Divas were in battle, as well. Victoria and Torrie Wilson faced to settle their differences after last week’s brawl during a photo shoot. The match took the beauties out of the ring as the two pounded each other, but Torrie took control and hit Victoria with two boots to the chest, leaving the former two-time Women’s Champion to be counted out.

Matches
Matt Hardy def. Chris Masters
Finlay def. Jimmy Wang Yang
Major Brothers def. Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero & Jamie Noble
Chuck Palumbo def. Local
Mark Henry def. Eugene
Torrie Wilson def. Victoria

PixieP Offline OP
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
OP Offline
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
Neo-Geo Forum: Official WWE Thread Post #7032

Quote:
Giant change to Friday nights
By Lennie DiFino
July 20, 2007

LAREDO, Texas – After learning he would be out of action for longer than anticipated due to a torn pectoral muscle, Edge arrived in Laredo to unwillingly surrender the World Heavyweight Championship to SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long. The GM then announced that a 20-Man Battle Royal would crown a new champion, and The Great Khali outlasted and ousted 19 other men to capture the gold. However, after interfering in a No. 1 Contender’s Match between Batista and Kane, the colossus was told he would face both The Animal and the Big Red Machine in a Triple Threat Match for the title this Sunday at The Great American Bash.

In other action on Friday night, after competing in the 20-Man Battle Royal, Matt Hardy defeated Kenny Dykstra to continue his hot streak heading into his match with United States Champion MVP at The Great American Bash. Will Hardy’s string of successes in 2007 translate into his first major singles title in WWE? Also, Torrie defeated Victoria in a Divas Match.

Matches
Victoria def. Torrie
The Great Khali wins 20-Man Battle Royal to become World Heavyweight Champion
Matt Hardy def. Kenny Dykstra
Batista vs. Kane (No Contest)

I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
Gay!!

On the upside,Batista didn't get the title but I was rooting for Kane to get it.Other than that,the whole show sucked the sweat off a dead donkey's balls.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Booooooooooooooobs.
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Cant see where they are going with the Torrie vs Victoria angle.
One wins one week, one the next.
To really fuel this, Torrie needs to keep beatin Victoria, making her more and more psychotic.
Also, as they are not in the womens division anymore makes it even more pointless!

Matt Hardy has been winning match after match, but he will most likely lose this Sunday when it comes to the US title match.
Sadly though, there is very little heat between him and MVP, but it should at least be a good match (possibly match of the night).

The title going to Khali is a joke.
That guy makes guys like Big Show and Mark Henry look like Rey Mysterio.
Not due to his size, but his speed and reperoire of moves!
All he does is chop people, kick people and pick them up and do a shitty powerslam!

I seriously hope this is a short run as it goes against WWEs usual rule of not pushing people who cannot talk English.
Would have been nice to see Kane pick up the win, but of course WWE rarely gives the fans what they want (he got a bigger pop than Batista).
Also doubt he will win on Sunday as well!

PixieP Offline OP
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
OP Offline
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
Neo-Geo Forum: Official WWE Thread Post #7082

Here's how it is...the WWE is too lazy to post a list of results like they normally do so the list may not be in order but I think I got all the matches.

Quote:
Who's ready to clash after The Bash?
By Alissa Fuhrman
July 27, 2007

FRESNO, Calif. – Indian music enveloped the Save Mart Center in Fresno Friday Night, as there was a Punjabi “Championship Celebration” for the new World Heavyweight Champion, The Great Khali. The giant, along with translator Ranjin Singh, plus numerous dancers and worshippers from India, partied Punjabi-style inside the ring – that is, until Batista came to crash the party. The Animal – who dominated earlier that evening in singles competition against WWE Tag Team Champion Deuce – never took his rage-filled eyes off the 7-foot-3 monster as he challenged him to a one-on-one match for the World Heavyweight Championship. When Khali rejected his request, Batista exploded and speared the champion.

Another enraged SmackDown Superstar was Jamie Noble, who on Friday night was given another chance at the Cruiserweight Title – and an opportunity for revenge against the newest and littlest champion to date, Hornswoggle. After the humiliation Hornswoggle had caused Noble at The Great American Bash, pinning him to win the title in the Cruiserweight Open, Noble was certain he would take the gold out of Hornswoggle’s miniature hands. But in the long run, Noble came up short again as SmackDown’s leprechaun outsmarted him by winning via a count-out.

In other SmackDown action, North Carolinians Matt Hardy and Ric Flair were Ballin’ after defeating United States Champion Montel Vontavious Porter and Chris Masters in tag team action. After the loss, MVP pointed out that since he wasn’t the one who was actually pinned by Matt, he still is better than him. The frustrated Hardy then made some demands of his own, telling SmackDown’s Franchise Playa to put his money where his mouth is and grant him a rematch for the United States Championship. When the hotshot champion insisted that his title was off the table, Matt proposed another challenge:

“I'll name the game, and I’ll beat you…again and again and again and again…. I’ll beat you so bad, you’ll have to defend the United States Championship against me. And when you do, I will prove I’m better than you.”

Meanwhile, dressed head-to-toe in cowboy boots, tight jeans and cowboy hats, the beautiful Torrie Wilson teamed up with SmackDown’s resident redneck, Jimmy Wang Yang, for intergender tag action against Victoria & Kenny Dykstra. Catapulted to victory after an impressive moonsault by Yang, the two Superstars “yee-hawed” all the way to the locker room area.

Even though former Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero couldn’t retain his title at The Great American Bash, he still has quite a mean streak, judging from the way he handled Eugene. Despite SmackDown’s wrestling savant displaying some impressive in-ring maneuvers, in the end it wasn’t enough to stop the methodically malicious Guerrero from scoring the pinfall.

Kane, meanwhile, showed our fans and Dave Taylor just how much he relishes inflicting pain, defeating the brash Brit in a matter of minutes with an emphatic chokeslam. Mark Henry picked up an even quicker victory, however, by viciously destroying Joey Blalock with one of his brutal bearhugs. The self-proclaimed “king of the SmackDown jungle” then roared to the crowd that no Superstar on the SmackDown roster could beat him.

Batista def. Deuce
Hornswoggle def. Jamie Noble
Ric Flair and Matt Hardy def. MVP and Chris Masters
Jimmy Wang Yang and Torrie Wilson def. Kenny Dykstra and Victoria
Chavo Guerrero def. Eugene
Kane def. Dave Taylor
Mark Henry def. Joey Blalock

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
"resident redneck", "methodically malicious", "brutal bearhugs"...who writes this shit?

PixieP Offline OP
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
OP Offline
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
 Originally Posted By: MisterJLA
"resident redneck", "methodically malicious", "brutal bearhugs"...who writes this shit?

WWE's resident methodically malicious, brutal resident redneck who bearhugs you to death with inept writing, who else?!!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Whoa!

PixieP Offline OP
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
OP Offline
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
Neo-Geo Forum: Official WWE Thread Post #7094

Quote:
Handing notice
By Alissa Fuhrman
August 3, 2007

PHOENIX – SmackDown kicked off on a happy note Friday night, when General Manager Theodore Long and his sexy fiancée, Kristal, announced in the ring that on September 21, they will declare their vows on the show that’s changed Friday nights, and all our fans are invited to attend. But then “Teddylicious” and Kristal were interrupted by The Great Khali and his translator, Ranjin Singh, who stormed out to complain how his Punjabi “Championship Celebration” had been ruined the week before by Batista. An irate Long put his managerial foot down, ordering the giant World Heavyweight Champion to put his title on the line against The Animal at SummerSlam. So the angered 7-foot-3 monster later took his frustrations out by disrupting Batista & Ric Flair’s non-title match against WWE Tag Team Champions Deuce & Domino. And the “Nature Boy” would feel the frightening fury of the colossal champion and his newest hand-weapon, a devastating claw to the skull.

Determined to prove he’s better than the brash and cocky Montel Vontavious Porter, Matt Hardy declared his first challenge against the United States Champion: An arm wrestling competition. Despite MVP’s stalling tactics, a focused Matt eventually forced the Franchise Playa’s arm down on the table for the win. The aggravated hotshot claimed that he’s still better than Matt because he wasn’t ready, and he can still beat him where it counts: Wrestling. Yet when it looked like he might lose the intense non-title match that immediately took place, the United States Champion bailed with the gold, resulting in a count-out win for Hardy.

Frustration certainly was the recurring theme of the evening, and Jamie Noble’s night proved no different. After Funaki and Shannon Moore’s arena hallway taunts of how Noble lost to the only Superstar shorter than him, the cruiserweight physically vented his outrage on Moore inside the squared circle, utilizing a ferocious gutbuster to score the pinfall. Shortly after the victory, Noble’s worst nightmare popped out from beneath the ring. Hornswoggle, the miniature Cruiserweight Champion of the World, taunted Noble with the gold and laughed in his face…before slamming it with a huge cream pie.

Former Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero had also been in a taunting mood, expressing to Vickie Guerrero how much he was looking forward to Rey Mysterio’s return at SummerSlam – as a one-legged wrestler. SmackDown’s Assistant G.M. wasn’t in a laughing mood, however, so she put her nephew-in-law in equally poor humor -- by naming Chavo as Rey’s opponent at The Biggest Party of the Summer.

Meanwhile, Mark Henry “explained” to unfortunate opponent Nate Nickerson why he thinks he rules the SmackDown jungle. Vehemently taking out the local wrestler with an excruciating bear hug, Henry then showed our fans why no one has answered his open challenge to step into the ring with him, presenting footage of his vicious assault on Undertaker last May, which cost The Phenom his World Heavyweight Title and placed him on the shelf indefinitely.

In other SmackDown action, Kane – a monster who’s eager to accept anyone’s challenge – squared off against Chris Masters. While The Masterpiece nearly pulled off the upset by clamping Kane in his powerful Master Lock, the Big Red Machine escaped the hold and sealed Masters’ fate with an emphatic chokeslam.

Meanwhile, Jimmy Wang Yang, accompanied down the ramp by Torrie Wilson, went one-on-one with Kenny Dykstra, who was joined by Victoria at ringside. After hitting his top-rope moonsault for the victory, SmackDown’s resident redneck and the beautiful Diva “yee-haw’ed” all the way to the locker room area, leaving an audibly heated Dykstra and Victoria in the ring.

Matches
Kane def. Chris Masters
Mark Henry def. Nate Nickerson
Matt Hardy def. United States Champion MVP (Arm Wrestling Contest)
Matt Hardy def. MVP (non-title match)
Jamie Noble def. Shannon Moore
Jimmy Wang Yang def. Kenny Dykstra
Batista & Ric Flair vs. WWE Tag Team Champions Deuce & Domino (No Contest)

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard