Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 94 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 93 94
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
UBB Error
There was a problem looking up this post in our database.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
What's the difference between an idiot and a fool in your mind?
an idiot is captain sweeden and a fool is whomod.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
I'm waiting for someone to put Obama's The View segment on YouTube. They played it on the radio and Hasselbeck actually went after him on the Wright thing while Barbara Walters and crew were telling Barack how sexy he was.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I want to violate Hasselbeck.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
in the ass!

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
I'm waiting for someone to put Obama's The View segment on YouTube. They played it on the radio and Hasselbeck actually went after him on the Wright thing while Barbara Walters and crew were telling Barack how sexy he was.

Elizabeth Hasselbeck: You transcended party lines in your 2004 Democratic convention speech. You speak of One America, but the man you chose as your spiritual advisor made awful comments, and yet you still affiliated with him.

Obama: Imagine someone compiled the 5 stupidest things you ever said, and then played them over and over again for weeks. (That is an excellent idea. I'm guessing Hasselbeck wouldn't stand up to that kind of scrutiny herself.) People are mixes of good and bad. I saw mostly the good.

I have all kinds of friends across the political spectrum. Part of my role in politics is trying to get people who don't agree to help understand each other.

I spoke to Rev Wright after this episode, and I told him I felt badly he's been characterized in this one way. But he was my pastor. I think people overstate his role as my mentor or spiritual advisor.

I realize I am running for President and the threshold is higher. I expect a high level of scrutiny. Hopefully people will see this in context.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Hillary has always been expected to win Pennsylvania by 20 points (I'm sure the media will call it an "upset" when she finally wins what she's always been expected to win). But still, getting a Senator's endorsement (he's a SuperDelegate), especially when the Senator in question said he was going to stay neutral, is not small news.

Quote:
"The endorsement comes as something of a surprise," Dan Pfeiffer, Obama deputy communications director, said in a statement. "Casey ... had been adamant about remaining neutral until after the April 22 primary. He said he wanted to help unify the party."

Very interesting that Casey felt the need to come forwards and "unify the party" - i.e., put an end to the ongoing nomination fight. Looks like Hillary has really damaged herself with the superdelegates by threatening the DCCC and by extension the superdelegates themselves. Hopefully this nomination fight will now be over sooner rather than later.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod

Elizabeth Hasselbeck: You transcended party lines in your 2004 Democratic convention speech. You speak of One America, but the man you chose as your spiritual advisor made awful comments, and yet you still affiliated with him.

Obama: Imagine someone compiled the 5 stupidest things you ever said, and then played them over and over again for weeks. (That is an excellent idea. I'm guessing Hasselbeck wouldn't stand up to that kind of scrutiny herself.) People are mixes of good and bad. I saw mostly the good.

I have all kinds of friends across the political spectrum. Part of my role in politics is trying to get people who don't agree to help understand each other.

I spoke to Rev Wright after this episode, and I told him I felt badly he's been characterized in this one way. But he was my pastor. I think people overstate his role as my mentor or spiritual advisor.

I realize I am running for President and the threshold is higher. I expect a high level of scrutiny. Hopefully people will see this in context.

That doesn't look like a YouTube video.

Also, you left out the part where she asked him if him having Wright as the man who married him, baptize his children, and his spiritual advisor showed a flaw in his judgment.

And apparently, someone did upload a segment to YouTube; but it's not available anymore.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Aern't you the mod here?

I put up embed codes all the time that are then ignored by you and never embedded. As i've been saying, now that the media outlets realize there is money to be made by streaming video and thus keeping their content off youTube, having this [youtube] crap is going to be more and more useless as time goes by.

EDIT:

Here's the link to The View BTW. It's non embed though so you have to acually go there to see it. I's on the top of the front page right now. Too bad he didn't come out on the Today Show as NBC does allow embedding of their news content.

http://abc.go.com/daytime/theview/index

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Israel Insider:Israel's daily newsmagazine

• the legacy of dissimulation about his long-concealed identity is about to come crashing down around the ears of Barack Hussein Obama, courtesy of the assembled testimony of his family, friends, classmates and teachers.

The accumulated research indicates that Obama was in his childhood a devout Muslim, the son of a devout Muslim, the step-son of a devout Muslim and the grandson and namesake ("Hussein") of a devout Muslim. He was registered in school as a Muslim and demonstrated his ability to chant praise to Allah in impressive Arab-accented tones even as an adult. Just as he has not disavowed his "uncle" Jeremiah, neither has he disavowed his Muslim faith that he was born into, raised with, celebrated and never abandoned. He just covered it over with a thin veneer of his own self-styled "Christianity."

Although as an adult he would register as a Christian, and occasionally attend a Christian Church (but apparently not often enough to listen to the preaching of his pastor, or so he would claim) this was a necessary step for a man who from earliest boyhood has nurtured the precocious ambition to be President of the United States.
    • He was entered into the Roman Catholic, Franciscus Assisi Primary School, in Jakarta, Indonesia, on January 1, 1968, registered under the name Barry Soetoro, an Indonesian citizen whose religion was listed as Islam. Catholic schools accept non-Catholics worldwide. Non-Catholic students are typically excused from religious instruction and ceremony.
    • in 1971, Obama enrolled in the Besuki Primary School, a government school, as Barry Soetoro, Muslim...In his autobiography, "Dreams From My Father," Obama mentions studying the Koran and describes the public school as "a Muslim school."
    • According to Tine Hahiyary, one of Obama's teachers and the principal from 1971 through 1989, Barry actively took part in the Islamic religious lessons during his time at the school. "I remembered that he had studied "mengaji" (recitation of the Quran)" Tine said.
    • The Obama Campaign told the LA Times he wasn't a "practicing Muslim." (3/14/2007). But his official website says: "Obama Has Never Been A Muslim, And Is a Committed Christian" (11/12/2007)That's not what his friends and classmates have said. Classmate Rony Amiris describes young Barry as enjoying playing football and marbles and of being a very devout Muslim. Amiris, now the manager of Bank Mandiri, Jakarta, recently said, "Barry was previously quite religious in Islam. His birth father, Barack Hussein Obama was a Muslim economist from Kenya. Before marrying Ann Dunham, Hussein Obama was married to a woman from Kenya who had seven children. All the relatives of Barry's father were very devout Muslims". Emirsyah Satar, CEO of Garuda Indonesia, was quoted as saying, "He (Obama) was often in the prayer room wearing a 'sarong', at that time."
    • "He was quite religious in Islam but only after marrying Michelle, he changed his religion." So Obama, according to his classmates and friends was a Muslim until the confluence of love and ambitious, caused him to adopt the cloak of Christianity: to marry Michelle and to run for President of the United States.
    • In "Dreams," Obama sheds light on his formative years and the political views of his mother, an anthropologist and Islamophile who hated America and subsequently "went native."
    • Obama Senior also had three sons by another woman who are all Muslim. Although Obama claims his father was an atheist, he was buried as a Muslim.
    • Barack Obama's brother Roy opted for Islam over Christianity, as the Senator recounted in his book when describing his 1992 wedding. "The person who made me proudest of all," Obama wrote, "was Roy. Actually, now we call him Abongo, his Luo name, for two years ago he decided to reassert his African heritage. He converted to Islam, and has sworn off pork and tobacco and alcohol."Abongo "argues that the black man must "liberate himself from the poisoning influences of European culture." He urged his younger brother to embrace his African heritage.
    • In Kenya while he was a Senator, Obama stumped for his cousin, opposition leader Raila Odinga, the son of Senior's sister, a direct first cousin and nephew of Obama's father. On August 29, 2007, Raila Odinga and Shiekh Abdullah Abdi, chairman of the National Muslim Leaders Forum of Kenya signed a Memorandum of Understanding in which it pledges the support of Kenyan Moslems for Raila's election. In return, as President of Kenya, Raila agrees ... within 6 months re-write the Constitution of Kenya to recognize Shariah as the only true law sanctioned by the Holy Quran for Muslim declared regions [and] within one year to facilitate the establishment of a Shariah court in every Kenyan divisional headquarters -- everywhere in Kenya, not just in "Muslim declared regions" -- and to popularize Islam, the only true religion ... by ordering every primary school in Kenya in the regions to conduct daily Madrassa classes.
    • In an interview with the New York Times, published on April 30th, Maya Soetoro-Ng, Obama's younger half sister, told the Times, "My whole family was Muslim, and most of the people I knew were Muslim."
    • On February 27th, speaking to Kristof of The New York Times, Barack Hussein Obama said the Muslim call to prayer is "one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset." In an interview with Nicholas Kristof, published in The New York Times, Obama recited the Muslim call to prayer, the Adhan, "with a first-class [Arabic] accent." The opening lines of the Adhan (Azaan) is the Shahada:"Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme! I witness that there is no god but Allah I witness that there is no god but Allah I witness that Muhammad is his prophet? " According to Islamic scholars, reciting the Shahada, the Muslim declaration of faith, makes one a Muslim. This simple yet profound statement expresses a Muslim's complete acceptance of, and total commitment to, the message of Islam. Obama chanted it with pride and finesse.
    • An American Expat in Southeast Asia blog, written by an American who has lived in Indonesia for 20 years and has met with both the Taliban and al-Qaeda, contains the following:[i]"Barack Hussein Obama might have convinced some Americans that he is no longer a Muslim, but so far he has not convinced many in the world's most populous Muslim country who still see him as a Muslim and a crusader for Islam and world peace."
  • Obama wants it both ways, has always wanted it both ways. Black and white, Indonesian and American, Muslim and Christian. He loves playing one off the other, using one to hide the other even as the traces of the truth may be assembled to reveal the whole cloth of deception and self-promotion he has been weaving so skillfully since his childhood. No wonder he is a man of change. He IS a changeling, a veritable chameleon, adapting and amending his life story to fit the circumstances.

The charm may have worked once. It still works on some. It won't work forever in the age of the Internet. The fog of ambiguity and dissimulation is dissipated by the harsh, unforgiving and scrutiny of the blogosphere and its unlimited access to historical facts and time-stamped testimony.

Many have been puzzled why Obama could claim not to be familiar with Wright's rants. It turns out the Trinity Church, like many African-American churches, happily accepts believing Muslims within its congregation. And evidently many Muslims have no problems surrounding themselves with an anti-American, anti-Israel preacher who week in and week out wins the amens of his adoring congregation.

On Feb 15/08, Usama K. Dakdok, President of The Straight Way of Grace Ministry called Obama's Church and reported the following conversation: " I then asked the person who answered what I needed to do to join. She told me that I needed to attend two Sunday School classes in a row and then I would walk the aisle. I replied, "That sounds easy. One last question please. If I am Muslim and I believe in the Prophet Mohammed, peace be unto him and I also believe in Jesus, peace be unto him, do I have to give up my Islamic faith to be a member in your church? She answered: "No, we have many Muslim members in our church."

Indeed.

Wow. If even half that's true....

Praise Allah.

In addition to Rev. Wright ("God damn America..."), and his wife Michelle ("I can finally be proud of America..."), there seems to be a consistent thread of islamic first loyalties Obama surrounds himself with, and consistent anti-American/anti-European advocacy and action.

Where Obama doesn't simply have some vague hard feeling toward the U.S. and European culture, but has consistently advocated and assisted those who are working to tear down western culture and Christianity, and replace them with islamic institutions.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
It's funny that now that the Wright story fizzled, the right is back to Obama is a Muslim.

Good luck selling it now that you spent 2 weeks repeatedly reminding everyone in the country that he's a 'radical' Baptist.

It's like schizophrenic circus!

Originally Posted By: The bottom of that OpEd

One can be sure that more, much more, is on the way, before the first black muslim president enters the White House. Or not.

um... if the problem is that he's supposedly a Muslim, why bring up his race as well?

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
wow.
wondy says a liberal is trying to bring down western society.
obama isn't even mexican, it makes no sense.

Bow ties are coool.
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

In addition to Rev. Wright ("God damn America..."), and his wife Michelle ("I can finally be proud of America..."), there seems to be a consistent thread of islamic first loyalties Obama surrounds himself with, and consistent anti-American/anti-European advocacy and action.

Where Obama doesn't simply have some vague hard feeling toward the U.S. and European culture, but has consistently advocated and assisted those who are working to tear down western culture and Christianity, and replace them with islamic institutions.

Despite Obama's apparent lead, Hillary's still got a ticket to the show. By convention time, I hope she's the last one standing.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
http://www.whereskilroy.com/?p=151

Obama Girl vs. Rev. Wright

I think what a presidential candidate considers good and bad gives you a good look into what kind of a leader they will be. So I decided to look around and see what Barack Hussein Obama considers good and bad. Here's an excerpt from a AP story about the Obama Girl:

"Sasha asked Mommy about it," Obama said Monday in an interview with The Associated Press. "She said, 'Daddy already has a wife' or something like that."

"I Got A Crush On Obama" stars an aspiring model and actress named Amber Lee Ettinger, aka Obama Girl. Her song, which has lines like "Universal health care reform, it makes me warm," has gotten more than 3 million hits and nearly 10,000 comments since being posted two months ago on YouTube, the online video-sharing site.

Sen. Obama, D-Ill., said he knows the video was meant to be lighthearted, but he wasn't smiling when asked about it in the interview.

"I guess it's too much to ask, but you do wish people would think about what impact their actions have on kids and families," Obama said during the interview, held in the den of a supporter who just had hosted a campaign stop on her front lawn attended by about 120 people.

"This is part of the process of politics that can be difficult, (that) is making sure that your kids and your wife and your family are insulated from both things like this," Obama said.

Strong words. People should think about what impact their words and actions have on their kids and families. They should try to insulate their families from bad things. I wonder why Obama doesn't have a problem taking his kids and family to a church where the pastor says this:

“The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color. The government lied.”

“We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because of stuff we have done overseas is now brought back into our own backyard. America is chickens coming home to roost.”

“The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes three-strike laws and wants them to sing God Bless America. No! No No! God Damn America … for killing innocent people. God Damn America for threatening citizens as less than humans. God Damn America as long as she tries to act like she is God and supreme.”

“Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich, white people. Hillary would never know that.”

“Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.”

“Fact number one: We’ve got more black men in prison than there are in college. … Fact number two: Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run.”

It's easy to see what Obama finds offensive, and what he doesn't find offensive. To simplify it for the Obama Fanatics, light hearted YouTube videos are bad for the family. Racial hatred, and intolerance being preached from the pulpit is good enough to take the kids to hear every Sunday and join the church as a member. It doesn't get any clearer than that!

When Obama was campaigning in the South, he invoked the name of MArtin Luther King daily, MLK would not have stood for such talk in a church.

If it wasn't obvious before it should be pretty clear now, Obama isn't the next JFK, if anything he's the next David Duke.

Another point I heard brought up on the radio today is the fact that Obama criticized Don Imus for his one little phrase "nappy headed hos" and said that Imus had a track record of such comments ( ) and shouldn't be on the air (once again invoking his innocent daughters). He said, "He (Imus) would not be working for me." So I guess Obama only looks for the good in black racists.

so let's see Obama finds it harmful for his daughters to to hear someone say they have a crush on him, harmful to hear nappy headed hos, but not harmful to hear god damn america, the goverment created AIDS, and our support for israel justified 9-11.

wow i can see why whomod likes this guy, he's as big a nutjob as him!

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Aern't you the mod here?

I put up embed codes all the time that are then ignored by you and never embedded. As i've been saying, now that the media outlets realize there is money to be made by streaming video and thus keeping their content off youTube, having this [youtube] crap is going to be more and more useless as time goes by.

I can't edit a post to embed HTML code after you've posted it. Just use the [ youtube ] tags.

EDIT:

Here's the link to The View BTW. It's non embed though so you have to acually go there to see it. I's on the top of the front page right now. Too bad he didn't come out on the Today Show as NBC does allow embedding of their news content.

Hehe. Obama 'came out'.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
so let's see Obama finds it harmful for his daughters to to hear someone say they have a crush on him, harmful to hear nappy headed hos, but not harmful to hear god damn america, the goverment created AIDS, and our support for israel justified 9-11.

But Obama wasn't at church those days, bsams. He said so himself.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Obama's running around claiming that, if Wright hadn't retired, he would have quite the church.

However, it appears as if Wright's successor is cut from the same "hate AmeriKKKa" cloth:
  • "No one should start a ministry with lynching, no one should end their ministry with lynching," Moss said.

"The lynching was national news. The RNN, the Roman News Network, was reporting it and NPR, National Publican Radio had it on the radio. The Jerusalem Post and the Palestine Times all wanted exclusives, they searched out the young ministers, showed up unannounced at their houses, tried to talk with their families, called up their friends, wanted to get a quote on how do you feel about the lynching?" he continued.

The criticism surrounding Wright has not softened the services at Trinity United Church of Christ, where Obama has been a congregant for 20 years. Instead, Moss defiantly defended their method of worship, referencing rap lyrics to make his point.

"If I was Ice Cube I'd say it a little differently--'You picked the wrong folk to mess with,' " Moss said to an enthusiastic congregation, standing up during much of the sermon, titled "How to Handle a Public Lynching."

Strangely enough, I still haven't heard about Obama quitting. Maybe he plans to give the church another twenty years, under Moss, to see if it cleans up its act.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Quote:
When Obama was campaigning in the South, he invoked the name of MArtin Luther King daily, MLK would not have stood for such talk in a church.

This moron has obviously never heard Martin Luther King's speeches then. specifically his speeches in regards to the Vietnam war.

Listen to what King said about the Vietnam War at his own Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta on Feb. 4, 1968:

Quote:
"God didn't call America to engage in a senseless, unjust war. . . . And we are criminals in that war. We've committed more war crimes almost than any nation in the world, and I'm going to continue to say it. And we won't stop it because of our pride and our arrogance as a nation. But God has a way of even putting nations in their place." King then predicted this response from the Almighty: "And if you don't stop your reckless course, I'll rise up and break the backbone of your power."

If today's technology had existed then, I would imagine the media playing quotations of that sort over and over. Right-wing commentators would use the material to argue that King was anti-American and to discredit his call for racial and class justice. King certainly angered a lot of people at the time.

the G-man #935538 2008-03-28 7:28 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Obama's running around claiming that, if Wright hadn't retired, he would have quite the church.

However, it appears as if Wright's successor is cut from the same "hate AmeriKKKa" cloth:
  • "No one should start a ministry with lynching, no one should end their ministry with lynching," Moss said.

"The lynching was national news. The RNN, the Roman News Network, was reporting it and NPR, National Publican Radio had it on the radio. The Jerusalem Post and the Palestine Times all wanted exclusives, they searched out the young ministers, showed up unannounced at their houses, tried to talk with their families, called up their friends, wanted to get a quote on how do you feel about the lynching?" he continued.

The criticism surrounding Wright has not softened the services at Trinity United Church of Christ, where Obama has been a congregant for 20 years. Instead, Moss defiantly defended their method of worship, referencing rap lyrics to make his point.

"If I was Ice Cube I'd say it a little differently--'You picked the wrong folk to mess with,' " Moss said to an enthusiastic congregation, standing up during much of the sermon, titled "How to Handle a Public Lynching."

Strangely enough, I still haven't heard about Obama quitting. Maybe he plans to give the church another twenty years, under Moss, to see if it cleans up its act.

uh huh.. So what's the outrage exactly? that the yused the word "lynching" to describe the way the Obama opponents have tried to caricature their church?

One of the least remarked upon passages in Obama's speech is also one of the most important -- and the part most relevant to the Wright controversy. There is, Obama said, a powerful anger in the black community rooted in "memories of humiliation and doubt" that "may not get expressed in public, in front of white co-workers or white friends" but "does find voice in the barbershop or the beauty shop or around the kitchen table. . . . And occasionally it finds voice in the church on Sunday morning, in the pulpit and in the pews."

Yes, black people say things about our country and its injustices to each other that they don't say to those who are white. Whites also say things about blacks privately that they don't say in front of their black friends and associates.

The Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr., once said "it is appalling that the most segregated hour of Christian America is eleven o'clock on Sunday morning." How much have things changed?

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

EDIT:

I just went through their Obama clips. They have the one calling him sexy, but not the one where Hasselbeck questions him. I think that it's pretty telling when Hasselbeck, who is hardly suited for the role she's been given on The View (which I'm sure is deliberate), has the balls to step up to Obama, especially in that environment.

whomod #935541 2008-03-28 7:34 PM
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Quote:

This moron has obviously never heard Martin Luther King's speeches then. specifically his speeches in regards to the Vietnam war.

Listen to what King said about the Vietnam War at his own Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta on Feb. 4, 1968:

Quote:
"God didn't call America to engage in a senseless, unjust war. . . . And we are criminals in that war. We've committed more war crimes almost than any nation in the world, and I'm going to continue to say it. And we won't stop it because of our pride and our arrogance as a nation. But God has a way of even putting nations in their place." King then predicted this response from the Almighty: "And if you don't stop your reckless course, I'll rise up and break the backbone of your power."

If today's technology had existed then, I would imagine the media playing quotations of that sort over and over. Right-wing commentators would use the material to argue that King was anti-American and to discredit his call for racial and class justice. King certainly angered a lot of people at the time.

hmmm Martin Luther King opposed a war he found unjust. at the time there was severe racial injustice, and king called for change.

wright said "God Damn America" in a church, he blamed israel and our support for 9-11, he preached hatred towards white people...

...i can see where you and Obama think that's the same thing!

idiot.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

I just went through their Obama clips. They have the one calling him sexy, but not the one where Hasselbeck questions him. I think that it's pretty telling when Hasselbeck, who is hardly suited for the role she's been given on The View (which I'm sure is deliberate), has the balls to step up to Obama, especially in that environment.

Interesting, point, doc. One might think that, if the producers were really interested in a "fair fight" they'd replace Hasselbeck with, I dunno, Ann Coulter or Michelle Malkin.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts

This is as far as I got.

Do you actually think anyone here is going to rely on your memory again? You're as bad as hillary is. Remember the last time you pulled this kind of shit? Next thing you know you will be telling us that rich white people were shooting at hillary and her horse daughter.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Quote:

Quote:

hmmm Martin Luther King opposed a war he found unjust. at the time there was severe racial injustice, and King called for change.

Quote:
U.N. Committee to Review Racial Injustice in U.S.

Dear Friends:

Beginning today, the United Nations' Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination will hold hearings in Geneva, Switzerland, to review racial inequities in the United States, including disparities in criminal sentencing.

The Sentencing Project submitted a report to the Committee in December in preparation for this week's hearings. The national criminal justice reform organization called upon the Committee to hold the U.S. government accountable for failing to ensure equality before the law. Notably, its report argues that the racially disparate impact of federal cocaine sentencing laws violate requirements of the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (ICERD), to which the U.S. is a signatory......

Racial Disparities in Criminal Court Processing in the United States

Yeah, persistent black anger and Reverend Wright must come out of some vacuum to you since after all, Bill O'Rielley probably told you racial inequality is a thing of the past. Not to say that white anger is completely unjustified either. That is the point. There does need to be some more accountability and personal responsibility in the black community. The problem comes in the fact the the people usually proposing this, are the same people who are amazed when they find out black people actually use silverware in restaurants. There is where you reach this racial impasse. One that Obama addressed quite forcefully and honestly.

whomod #935546 2008-03-28 8:21 PM
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
wow the UN!

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Is this becoming whomods space thread?

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
whomod #935548 2008-03-28 8:23 PM
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Yeah, the UN, the same "August body" that puts Libya, China, Cuba, Sudan, Syria and Zimbabwe on it's "human rights" commission. They MUST know what they're talking about when it comes to human rights and discrimination.

the G-man #935549 2008-03-28 8:25 PM
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
no wonder whomod is so screwed up!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
that UN is the same organization that says 500,000 dead in Darfur isn't genocide isn't it?

oh wait, the US goverment has called it genocide, so i see why whomod would give the UN credibility on human rights.

if its counter to the US it must be right!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Quote:
On his radio show yesterday, Hugh Hewitt played excerpts of Barack Obama reading from his autobiography, Dreams of My Father. In one, Obama remembers a sermon by Rev. Jeremiah Wright:

[T]he pastor described going to a museum and being confronted by a painting title Hope.

"The painting depicts a harpist," Revernd Wright explained, "a woman who at first glance appears to be sitting atop a great mountaintop. Untill you take a closer look and see that the woman is bruised and bloodied, dressed in tattered rags, the harp reduced to a single frayed string. Your eye is then drawn down to the scene below, down to the valley below, where everywhere are the ravages of famine, the drumbeat of war, a world groaning under strife and deprivation.

It is this world, a world where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-au-Prince see in a year, where white folks' greed runs a world in need, aprtheid in one hemisphere, apathy in another hemisphere ... That's the world! On which hope sits."

And so it went, a meditation on a fallen world. While the boys next to me doodled on their church bulletin, Reverend Wright spoke of Sharpesville and Hiroshima, the callousness of policy makers in the White House and in the State House. ... [E.A.]

Sounds ... controversial! Keep in mind: a) Obama isn't disapproving of this sermon. In the book he weeps at the end of it; b) Demonstrating that at least some blaming of "white greed" for the world's sins--which Obama now criticizes-- isn't an exceptional topic for Rev. Wright in a few wacky sermons ("the five dumbest things") that Obama may or may not have missed. It's at the quotidian core of the Afrocentric philosophy that Obama says drew him to the church; c) Indeed, in his big March 18th race speech Obama reads the passage from his book that describes his emotional reaction to this very sermon (his "first service at Trinity")--how it made "the story of a people" seem "black and more than black." d) This is also the sermon that gave Obama the title of his next book, The Audacity of Hope. e) The "profound mistake" of this sermon is not that Wright "spoke as if our society was static"--Obama's analysis on Feb. 18th. The problem is that "white folks' greed" is not the main cause of a "world in need."

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
(That is an excellent idea. I'm guessing Hasselbeck wouldn't stand up to that kind of scrutiny herself.)

Whomod's jealous of a "lily white" smoking hot conservative.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
she's part of the exclusive white club!

5000+ posts
5000+ posts

Bye Bye Hillary.

Originally Posted By: Matter Eater Man

Originally Posted By: britneyspearatemyshorts

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Quote:
Poison Drummer Collared on Rape Warrant

Look what the cops dragged in.

Rikki Rockett, the 46-year-old drummer of '80s hair-metal purveyor Poison, was taken into custody on a rape warrant as he arrived Monday at Los Angeles International Airport on a flight back from New Zealand.

The musician, whose real name is Richard Ream, was nabbed while going through customs and taken to Los Angeles County Jail, where he was booked on a felony fugitive sexual assault warrant issued from Neshoba County, Miss.

He was released the next afternoon, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department website.

No further details were available. Calls to authorities in Mississippi were not immediately returned.

But, according to TMZ, the alleged incident occurred Sept. 23, 2007 at the Silver Star Hotel & Casino. Rockett reportedly was staying at the Delta resort and alleged forced himself on a female guest, whose identity is not being disclosed for privacy reasons. She apparently filed a police report days later, and Neshoba authorities issued the warrant for his arrest after determining there was probable cause.

There was no comment from the band and there's no word on the musician's current whereabouts. He was in New Zealand for a Poison performance at Rock 2 Wellington, a huge metalhead concert in that country's capital.

A former hairdresser from Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, Rockett cofounded Poison in the mid-'80s with his high school pal, vocalist Bret Michaels.

The band's debut album, Look What the Cat Dragged In, sold more than 2 million copies.

Posion became a superstar act with the release of 1988's blockbuster follow-up, Open Up and Say...Ahh!, which spawned the megahit "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," along with "Nothin' But a Good Time" and "Your Mamma Don't Dance."

The band's third disc, Flesh and Blood, was almost as successful, scoring several top 10 hits, but eventually rising tensions over drug and alcohol abuse led the group to fire guitarist C.C. Deville and signaled the decline of the group.

(Originally published March 28, 2008 at 9:37 a.m. PT.)

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

...where white folks' greed runs a world in need...

So, to recap, the very Wright sermon that inspired the title of Obama's book contained a racist passage.

But Obama never knew Wright was a racist.

OOOOOOOh.....kay......

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
So you disagree that white males primarily run things, political and financial?

I fail to see where pointing that out is "racist".

the reverse is like on comedy sketches where a racially uncomfortable white male is describing a black person and describes every characteristic but his race.

the larger point still stands though. The main 'legitimate' attack on Obama is based on what someone else, not Obama has said as they pore over his sermons and writings with a fine tooth comb hoping to find outrage to hurt Obama.

This is a far cry from Hillary where all you need is to juxtapose footage of her campaign speeches, which she herself said with file footage of what actually transpired.

whomod #935592 2008-03-28 10:28 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

I can understand why you did the crying icon for me since I want Hillary to win but WB I don't get. While he's done some posts about Hillary staying in & I detect he might admire the fighter in her, he's not a Hillary fan.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
This is the Barack Hussein Obama thread, MEM, not the Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton one.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
So you disagree that white males primarily run things, political and financial? I fail to see where pointing that out is "racist".

The point was not that white people "primarily run things."

Nor was the point that greed in general is bad.

No, the point was that only the greed of one particular race, the "white" one, is bad.

Differentiating-- attacking-- on the basis of race...I think that counts as racism.

Furthermore, this is relevant because Obama has CLAIMED not to be aware of Wright's racial sermons. This proves he WAS aware, to the point of actually quoting one in his book.

Or is Obama going to claim he was asleep when his ghost writer put that passage in his book?

Quote:
the larger point still stands though. The main 'legitimate' attack on Obama is based on what someone else, not Obama has said as they pore over his sermons and writings with a fine tooth comb hoping to find outrage to hurt Obama.

This is a far cry from Hillary where all you need is to juxtapose footage of her campaign speeches, which she herself said with file footage of what actually transpired.

Actually, it's very similar to what Hillary did.

Obama claimed to be unaware of what Wright said. Obama claimed that he was uncomfortable with that sort of rhetoric.

Now, all you need to do is juxtapose Obama's denials with the text of his book to show he wasn't being truthful.

Page 30 of 94 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 93 94

Link Copied to Clipboard