Next Thread
Print Thread
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Online Cool
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...tony-gonzalez-minor-sex-ukraine-aid.html

They do seem ike scumbags. I wonder how much of what he says is true.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
There's so many aspects to go into there.

1) UKRAINE.
The issue with Republicans is NOT providing aid to Ukraine, it's just finding the righ way to administer that aid:
(A) Democrats (and some RINO Republicans) are writing enormous blank checks to Ukraine for "military aid" but Ukraine has for decades been a very corrupt country, near the bottom of the list of corrupt nations. And with no financial oversight, officials there are pocketing enormous amounts of U S cash, rather than using it to fight the war.
Tucker Carlson, while still on Fox, aired a segment about Ukrainians driving in Switzerland pulling up in Lambourghinis, to buy castle-like estates, that before U S aid began, was typical only opurchased by corrupt Russian officials there.
For Ukraine, yes, but there has to be oversight, and also a clear plan to win the war, not laid out yet.

(B) Another problem with Ukraine is the Biden administration's slow-walking aid to Ukraine, even when Republicans have signed off on new increments of aid.
That U S military aid is often arriving too late to do Ukraine much good.

(C) The weird trend among Democrats (and some RINO Republicans) that they display more solidaritty and patriotism for Ukraine than the United Sates, even displaying Ukrainian flags, where they would never display such patriotism for the United States.
And they always want to write blank checks for hundreds of billions to Ukraine, but never want to lay out the 5 billion or less it would take to secure our own Southern border. When Democrats talk about "border funding", it's to kick open the floodgates EVEN WIDER, and propose bills to "facilitate" (i.e., fund) EVEN MORE illegals coming into the U.S., when the overwhelming numbers coming in now are not even vetted to guarantee they are not criminals, gangs, drug cartels, human traffickers, or terrorists.
So ACTUAL Republicans are not "dangerous", or "traitors", or "stooges of Putin" as Democrats and the liberal media try to spin it, they just insist that securing our own border against foreign threats is an equal if not greater priority.

(D) While it is their own backyard, other European nations are offering far less aid to Ukraine than the U.S. has already.
So there has to be pressure to force other nations to do their part.

(E) Despite enormous U.S. aid already, the Ukranians are losing badly. Part of that has to do with the Biden administration (perhaps deliberately, or by incompetence) slow-walking the already enormous military aid earmarked for Ukraine.
But it mainly has to do wih Russia having 3 times as many men to draft new reserves of soldiers from. At its peak, Ukraine had about 40 million people, while Russia had about 145 million people.
With a lot of people dead now on both sides.
From what I can observe, while there are some dissenters on the Russian side (many of whom have disappeared or received severe jail sentences) the Russian propaganda machine seems to have most Russians supporting Putin and the war, and a Russia that was floundering militarily in 2022, has completely rebuilt and modernized their military forces over the last 2 years. China, Iran, and North Korea are buying their oil (and the Biden administration does nothing to stop it) and both weapons and economic trade and drones are going back and forth between these nations.
While Ukraine is struggling to keep the flow of both foreign military aid, and is struggling to keep a reserve of military fighting men, after enormous losses.
Russia has suffered enormous losses too, but it still has a larger population to pull more reserves from. Both sides are so immersed in propaganda, it's hard to determine the full losses on either side. Bu in most of the 2 years so far, Russians have taken heavier military losses up till now, while further inflicting heavy civilian atrocities on the Ukranians.
And not discussed in the news, I don't think surrender is an option for Ukraine either, because Russia will just inflict more genocide on Ukraine if Russia wins, liquidating all remaining dissent, if they conquer Ukraine.
So I see a negotiated cease-fire as the only good outcome for Ukraine. That would allow Ukraine after the cease-fire to build a deterrent to further Russian invasion. And I see that only as a possibility if Trump wins the election, because the incompetents in the Biden administration, either by accident or design, will just sit on their hands and let Ukraine die. And then blame the Republicans for their own failure !

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Regarding this part...

Rep. Tony Gonzales decried some of his Republican colleagues in the House of Representatives as 'scumbags' with 'white hoods' as he directly targeted Rep. Matt Gaetz in an interview with CNN on Sunday.

"White hoods" sounds like an erroneous Ku Klux Klan reference. I think he means "white hats", like black and white pieces on a chess board, meaning the white hats are supposed to be the good guys, and black hats are supposed to be the bad guys. And implied hypocrisy of some posing as good guys when they are not.

Rep. Derek Gaetz (who represents a very conservative district in the northernmost part of Florida, west ot Tallahassee) was under public scrutiny for about a year by FBI and House investigators, and seems to have vindicated himself from false charges, and at considerable legal cost.
That Gonzalez said this on CNN of all places (anti-Republican Central) also doesn't lend this credibility. On CNN they just let him talk with minimal pushback, whereas on Fox or Newsmax or OAN, there would have been some factual pushback and challenge to these allegations. And on any network, that's how it should be. Some cross-examination, to determine and test what is alleged, and what the true facts are.

The allegations against Gaetz seem to nhave been a coincidental crippling of him, right while he led a push to remove Republican then-speaker Kevin McCarthy.
Likewise with Democrat Senator Robert Menendez, and Democrat mayor of New York City Eric Adams, these Democrats likewise went against their party's immigration narrative, and were immediately punished with FBI investigations.

I think this goes back to "Filegate" in the Bill Clinton administration, where the Clinton administration was keeping FBI files of Republican Senate and House members, surveiling them for alcoholism or drug abuse, extramarital sexual affairs, questionable corruption, any possible criminal actions, so as to blackmail them into supporting or not opposing Democrat legislation.

I think --as was obviously proven to have been occurring during the Trump administration, even though inittially denied, then unquestionably proven--- an even more fanatically Democrat-Bolshevik FBI, CIA, DOJ, ATF and other agencies, are doing the same now, and they keep these files, so that at any time, if a Donald Trump or a Derek Gaetz, or a Robert Menendez, or a Michael Flynn, or a Senator Ted Stevens, or a Scooter Libby becomes a threat to their plans, that person can have FBI / DOJ's hammer dropped on them at any time, smear them with enough scandal to prevent their re-election, drive them from office, if not put them in jail. All in the service of the Deep State uni-party cause.

Link Copied to Clipboard