Since, apparently, certain posters don't want to talk about the subject of this thread, I guess it is up to me to put it back on track with an observation about Senator Biden:

Joe Biden Knows Jack
[National Review 07/17 09:35 AM]

Joe Biden, from Sunday's Meet the Press, on dealing with Syria (emphasis mine):
Syria is essentially an isolated state. Syria can have its water cut off, figuratively speaking, tomorrow. But what are we doing? Are we sitting down with the Sunni powers and saying, "Look, let's get smart here, Jack, we have a common interest here"? But people doubt our judgment. They doubt our judgment and, as a consequence of that, we have very great difficulty getting anyone to think we have a strategy and, therefore, great difficulty getting them to join us.

Joe Biden on dealing with North Korea (emphasis mine):

Number three, we should be talking about how we're going to proceed here. John Kennedy—quoting a muscular Democrat—John Kennedy said we should never negotiate out of fear, we should never fear negotiation. We're so big and so strong, the idea that we're not sitting down having a come to the—an altar call with the leader of North Korea in a private meeting and saying, "Jack, let's tell you what the deal is here."