Next Thread
Print Thread
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
ABC Blames Bush, 'Ignorant' Americans for 'Islamophobia'

America, you ignorant Islamophobes! Alright, maybe it's not all your fault. Your anti-Muslim attitudes have been "stoked" by "inflammatory rhetoric" from . . . President Bush.

That was the basic message of a segment narrated by Ron Claiborne this morning entitled "9/11 Remembered: Islamophobia" on ABC's Good Morning America.

"Those who have studied American attitudes toward Muslims say at the root of prejudice is ignorance."

"Some Arab-Americans say President Bush has further stoked anti-Muslim attitudes with inflammatory rhetoric in denouncing Islamic extremists."

Claiborne thinks it's wrong for the president of the United States to vigorously denounce what Claiborne himself describes as "extremists", the kind of people behind 9/11.

The segment was part of ABC's special 5th-anniversary coverage: "9/11 - Where Things Stand." Judging by today's episode, it could be a long week.

I don't know. Maybe I'm waaay off base here, but perhaps "Islamophobia" exists because adherents of the Religion of PeaceTM...keep killing people in its name?

Anyone else get the impression that, on the five year anniversary of 9-11, the media is going to basically claim the worst terrorist attack in our history was because we're bigoted and we asked for it?

Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
I'm sure DtWB feels as you do.

There's a difference between a fear of Islamic extremists and a fear of Islam, IMO.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Fine. Now all we need is for people to stop assuming that fear of Islamic extremism equals fear of Islam.

Of course, that will be easier once mainstream Muslims take a more active role in challenging the extremists in their own midst, as opposed to harping on about "profiling" and "Islamophobia."

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
As usual, the liberal news media support the enemies of the United States, rationalize islamic behavior, and condemn the United States and its citizens as 'bigoted" for justifiably taking the threat of Islamic terror seriously.
The "bigotry" of Americans, is simply citizens' breaking free of the liberal propaganda, in common-sense recognition of the ideological basis for terrorism that is rampant among muslims worldwide, including Muslims in the United States, that we should seriously consider deporting.

Again, (as reported by that right wing extremist publication known as the Washington Post ), roughly 30 to 50% of the population in muslim nations worldwide, started boycotting U.S. products and businesses immediately after 9-11. If that's not an endorsement of terrorism, I don't know what is. Add to that the 9-11 screen-savers, calanders, posters, etc., that sell like wildfire in the Muslim world.

Again, terrorism against Western nations has not been limited to those countries that supported the Iraq invasion.
Despite France's opposition to Iraq invasion, can anyone even name all the incidents of Muslim rage there in the last three years?
France, Germany and Russia have all come to see that despite their best efforts to stay in the sidelines, this islamic war is against them too.

Again, where is the outcry of Muslims who oppose the suicide bombings, the abduction of civilians, the daily slaughter of Iraqi citizens. Where is the outcry at the beheadings of Americans ?
Where is the outcry among Muslims worldwide regarding the videotaped beheadings of Russian soldiers?
Where is the outcry about Muslim terrorists seizing a Russian school and killing hundreds of innocent parents and children ?
Where is the muslim outcry about the murder of a Dutch film director?

Where is the oucry from the Muslim world about the dozens of killings worldwide, and the mass riots across the globe, over 10 piddly innocuous political cartoons of Mohammed in a Denmark newspaper?

Where is the outcry about violence in the name of Islam, among college-educated Muslims, who so often express a desire to go to Iraq or Palestine and martyr themselves in holy jihad alongside their brethren, when interviewed ?
In point of fact, most of the 19 Muslims involved in 9-11 were highly educated, with promising high-paying careers ahead of them, if they'd not chosen murderous fanaticism instead.

It's possible to whip out one editorial by some muslim scholar, in The Guardian or someplace, waxing philosophic about how his religion has been perverted by extremists. But that lone editorial masks that tens of millions of Muslims not only disagree, but would kill him for his views, were he not located in London, in a tolerant Western nation.

It's not "ignorance" of Americans who look with suspicion and contempt on Islam as a whole. It's just seeing the reality, despite insane propaganda relentlessly pumped out by the liberal media.

In some perverted sense of fairness, the news media presents Islamic culture as one equal to our own. The liberal media sugarcoats the events that are truly happening, calls these people "militants" instead of "Islamic terrorists" that they truly are.
And in every way, confuses the public, and re-directs blame back onto the U.S. and Europe and Israel, who in truth are simply defending themselves from Islamic terrorism and the root poisonous Muslim ideology that feeds it.

And when Muslims see this wrongheaded media rationalization of their violence and the downplay of how rampant fanaticism is among Muslims worldwide, they don't respect us for our "fairness", they just see us as pussies ripe for conquest.
Do they respect negotiation?
Peaceful co-existence?
No way.

Any compassion on our part is weakness to exploit, on their way to the next armed attack, lynching or suicide bombing.

And the liberal media are just "useful idiots", as Muslim leaders themselves describe them, aiding in the cause of our annihilation.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

This blog has some great, and concisely written, insights into how not only Muslims attack and undermine us, but how our own liberal elites have made us doubt our cause, under false pretenses he deconstructs, with many great examples:

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Join us for a trip through the mind of a sick, twisted idiot.
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
As usual, the liberal news media support the enemies of the United States, rationalize islamic behavior, and condemn the United States and its citizens as 'bigoted" for justifiably taking the threat of Islamic terror seriously.

Blame the Liberal Media. Ignore the 50 years of mucking about in the Arab world, or the centuries before that of religious strife.

Quote:

The "bigotry" of Americans, is simply citizens' breaking free of the liberal propaganda, in common-sense recognition of the ideological basis for terrorism that is rampant among muslims worldwide, including Muslims in the United States, that we should seriously consider deporting.

Yeah, America has no bigots, just people who want to deport an entire group of people based solely on their religion.

Quote:

Again, (as reported by that right wing extremist publication known as the Washington Post ), roughly 30 to 50% of the population in muslim nations worldwide, started boycotting U.S. products and businesses immediately after 9-11. If that's not an endorsement of terrorism, I don't know what is. Add to that the 9-11 screen-savers, calanders, posters, etc., that sell like wildfire in the Muslim world.

I never owned an American flag, and disabled the screensaver on my computer. I also boycott Wal-mart which is an American company.
Am i a terrorist too?

seriously, I feel I should know.

Quote:

Again, terrorism against Western nations has not been limited to those countries that supported the Iraq invasion.

All crime can be called terrorism to make your numbers fit. All protesting, boycotts, acts of violence.
We can ignore the IRA or the Christians who blow up Abortion clinics though. Because then your post would seem racist.
Quote:

Despite France's opposition to Iraq invasion, can anyone even name all the incidents of Muslim rage there in the last three years?

wow. ethnic strife in Europe. Now this is something new.
Quote:

France, Germany and Russia have all come to see that despite their best efforts to stay in the sidelines, this islamic war is against them too.

A black guy gave me a dirty look the other day. That means Charles Manson was right about the race wars.
A Jewish man works in a bank near me. Obviously the Elders of Zion come into play as well.
Fox News made up John Kerry quotes on the air and then apologized discreetly on their website. Wait, they don't count. They're white and Christian.

Quote:

Again, where is the outcry of Muslims who oppose the suicide bombings, the abduction of civilians, the daily slaughter of Iraqi citizens. Where is the outcry at the beheadings of Americans ?

Where is the outcry among Muslims worldwide regarding the videotaped beheadings of Russian soldiers?
Where is the outcry about Muslim terrorists seizing a Russian school and killing hundreds of innocent parents and children ?

I think the outcry is buried under the Abu Graib torture scandal and all the wars going on in that part of the world.
Also, historically, the average citizen in such regions don't generally like to make big vocal sidetaking for fear of being killed by either side. They try to live their lives.

Quote:

Where is the oucry from the Muslim world about the dozens of killings worldwide, and the mass riots across the globe, over 10 piddly innocuous political cartoons of Mohammed in a Denmark newspaper?

oh, like you didn't get your panties in a bunch when jesus was covered with shit in new york.
where's your outcry for the murders of abortion doctors committed by your fellow christians? If every muslim worldwide must make a massive public outcry for the actions of every other muslim than where is your vocal anger at murder being done in the name of your religion.

Quote:

Where is the outcry about violence in the name of Islam, among college-educated Muslims, who so often express a desire to go to Iraq or Palestine and martyr themselves in holy jihad alongside their brethren, when interviewed ?

where is the outcry over the christian priest who said he wants to skull fuck the pope?
or are you the only one who can just type some long bullshit without being asked for a link?

Quote:

In point of fact, most of the 19 Muslims involved in 9-11 were highly educated, with promising high-paying careers ahead of them, if they'd not chosen murderous fanaticism instead.

i agree that religion attracts easily duped individuals who often do stupid things to please their "god."

Quote:

It's possible to whip out one editorial by some muslim scholar, in The Guardian or someplace, waxing philosophic about how his religion has been perverted by extremists. But that lone editorial masks that tens of millions of Muslims not only disagree, but would kill him for his views, were he not located in London, in a tolerant Western nation.

i'm getting tired now. you're an idiot. you fall into the standard "we need an enemy, the enemy is evil" rhetoric. 50 years ago and you'd be hopping over the red menace, 120 years ago and you'd be hopping over how we must kill off the remaining indians.
the world survives in spite of people like you thankfully.
there is more than black and white to things. muslims are just like christians, only in a harsher region of the world. and as christians form their own little hate groups to beat and bomb, so do muslims.

Quote:

It's not "ignorance" of Americans who look with suspicion and contempt on Islam as a whole. It's just seeing the reality, despite insane propaganda relentlessly pumped out by the liberal media.

you really do reveal yourself as a nasty, hate filled "christian." which is too bad. i hope you're never held up by foreigners as an example of all americans or all chrisitans.

Quote:

In some perverted sense of fairness, the news media presents Islamic culture as one equal to our own. The liberal media sugarcoats the events that are truly happening, calls these people "militants" instead of "Islamic terrorists" that they truly are.

so the culture of arabic nations is inferior to our own? what's the difference really in saying militants? do you want them, need them to label the races of killers on the news so you can know whether or not to hate them?

Quote:

And in every way, confuses the public, and re-directs blame back onto the U.S. and Europe and Israel, who in truth are simply defending themselves from Islamic terrorism and the root poisonous Muslim ideology that feeds it.

the U.S. and Europe have provoked and fucked with the Middle East for decades, if not centuries. Not all one sided, as with Israel both sides have been pricks in this matter.

Quote:

And when Muslims see this wrongheaded media rationalization of their violence and the downplay of how rampant fanaticism is among Muslims worldwide, they don't respect us for our "fairness", they just see us as pussies ripe for conquest.
Peaceful co-existence?
No way.

that's actually the same lines islamic extremists use against us.
and its the same line hitler used against the jews.
the same line used to justify damn near any slaughter in history.
people like you are, quite frankly, the problem on our side. as the muslim wolrd must move away from their facists, so to must the western world move away from the facist pricks like you.

Quote:

Any compassion on our part is weakness to exploit, on their way to the next armed attack, lynching or suicide bombing.

Jesus said that, right?

Quote:

And the liberal media are just "useful idiots", as Muslim leaders themselves describe them, aiding in the cause of our annihilation.

Bow ties are coool.
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Wow.

Thank you for proving what an angry, blame-America-first, twisted ideology the left has indoctrinated into the youth of America, where you can rationalize beheadings, mass violence by muslims, clearly rationalized by Koran teachings, chapter-and-verse.

And your marvelous liberal-indoctrinated talent to avoid rational discussion, and personally attack me or any other conservative as a "bigot" or a "racist" or whatever labels you can pull out of thin air to bypass the truth of what's been said.

Thank you for proving me right. Again.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:

Blame the Liberal Media. Ignore the 50 years of mucking about in the Arab world, or the centuries before that of religious strife.

See?

Blame America first.

Never mind that we began advocating for the Arab world in 1956, when during the Sinai Desert war, we sided with Egypt in the U.N. security council, and forced Britain and France to leave Egypt.

Never mind that the "racist" U.S. has allowed millions of Muslims to move here.

Never mind that we've advocated a separate Palestinian state, and only opposed Palestinians when they wage violence on Israel. We give billions in aid to Egypt, Jordan, Pakistan, Indonesia and elsewhere, in humanitarian and economic aid, in an effort to bring sanity to that region.
Despite the repressive ravages of Islam that stagnate their progress.

Even if the U.S. provided none of this aid, does that still justify their beheading people, and suicide bombings, and tens of millions of Muslims endorsing this savage action? Worldwide ? Even muslims in the U.S. ?

No, your idiot rationalization is pure indoctrination, with nothing to back it up.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

Quote:

Yeah, America has no bigots, just people who want to deport an entire group of people based solely on their religion.

It's not bigotry or racism to be suspicious of a group of people for clinging to fanatical Islamic beliefs, such as blowing up American institutions and military bases would assure them a place in heaven as martyrs.

I've given extensive examples to back up what I say, in the Islamic Ignorance topic and other topics.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

Quote:

I never owned an American flag, and disabled the screensaver on my computer. I also boycott Wal-mart which is an American company.
Am i a terrorist too?

seriously, I feel I should know.

No, just a dumbass, who thinks he knows it all, and a need to label thoose who disagree with him.

Your boycotting and screensaver activity doesn't advocate murder of those who disagree with your political and religious views.
Muslims, on the other hand, in great majorities, are active in or passively endorse suicide bombings, murder of non-muslims, honor killings, and other Koran-based violence.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

Quote:

WB said

All crime can be called terrorism to make your numbers fit. All protesting, boycotts, acts of violence.
We can ignore the IRA or the Christians who blow up Abortion clinics though. Because then your post would seem racist.
Quote:

wow. ethnic strife in Europe. Now this is something new.

The IRA are a group of people who are ethnically Catholics, who attacked the British who are ethnically Protestant. But their war was never about Christianity, it was strictly about nationalism and independence. There was never any quotation of Bible scripture by either side to rationalize their violence.
Produce me one incident --just one !-- where the IRA quoted scripture and said it was their religious holy mission to wipe out the Brits.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

Quote:

WB said:

A black guy gave me a dirty look the other day. That means Charles Manson was right about the race wars.
A Jewish man works in a bank near me. Obviously the Elders of Zion come into play as well.
Fox News made up John Kerry quotes on the air and then apologized discreetly on their website. Wait, they don't count. They're white and Christian.

Wow, all these Muslim plots to bomb Canada, Britain, the U.S., Italy, Spain, some prevented, some slaughtering hundreds of innocent people... I must be imagining this fanaticism and be a racist to think Muslims are capable of violence or anti-American behavior.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

Quote:

I think the outcry is buried under the Abu Graib torture scandal and all the wars going on in that part of the world.
Also, historically, the average citizen in such regions don't generally like to make big vocal sidetaking for fear of being killed by either side. They try to live their lives.

Oh yeah, an incident that ivolved 7 U.S. soldiers who are now courtmartialed and in jail for their actions. Seven soldiers out of 150,000 in Iraq. They were punished for their actions, not lionized.

"The average citizen in such regions..." is just you talking out your ass without a clue of what you're talking about.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

Quote:

Where is the outcry from the Muslim world about the dozens of killings worldwide, and the mass riots across the globe, over 10 piddly innocuous political cartoons of Mohammed in a Denmark newspaper?

oh, like you didn't get your panties in a bunch when jesus was covered with shit in new york.

I assume you mean the "Piss Christ" exhibit, where the artist, with tax money supplied by the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), used public dollars to create "art" that is offensive to a vast majority of the public.

It angered me, yes. But I didn't go out and kill the artist, or put out a contract on him, and neither did any other Christian. He isn't forced into hiding to this day, like Salman Rushdie is, in fear of his life from murderous "Christian fanatics". At the peak of Christian outrage, he was never in fear for his life.
Millions on this planet live in fear of Muslim terrorism and murderous backlashes. Including Dutch members of their parliament, actors, and directors.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

where's your outcry for the murders of abortion doctors committed by your fellow christians? If every muslim worldwide must make a massive public outcry for the actions of every other muslim than where is your vocal anger at murder being done in the name of your religion.

(1) There's no scriptural basis for killing an abortion doctor.
(2) Such incidents are so incredibly rare and exaggerated, that it's absurd to make a comparison to Muslim fanatics, who literally intimidate billions to wonder if their subway or airliner or bus will be exploded by a suicide bomber. Becouse Muslims have previously done so in just about every country on Earth.
(3) Most Christians roll their eyes with embarrasment at news of such abortion-doctor murders. I certainly do.
As contrasted with the tens of thousands cheering in the streets in the West Bank on 9-11, who cheer every time news is given that Innocent Israelis have been killed by Palestinian mortar fire, missiles, abduction and torture, or suicide bombs. Likewise, the global widespread support of Al Qaida's terror and slaughter of non-muslim civilians.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

Quote:

WB said:

where is the outcry over the christian priest who said he wants to skull fuck the pope?
or are you the only one who can just type some long bullshit without being asked for a link?

What I said is based on news of muslim terror, and polls of muslim public opinion, which I linked in previous topics.

As compared to you just talking out your ass, about things you don't really understand or care to explore the true facts of.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

Quote:

WB said:

i agree that religion attracts easily duped individuals who often do stupid things to please their "god."

In your clear biased hatred of Christianity, you maliciously try to exaggerate Christian violence, while simultaneously downplaying Muslim violence, to falsely create an equivalency between the two.

Christianity for its first 300 years spread peacefully across the entire Roman empire. Despite Christian martyrs, there was no violence by Christians.
Islam, from its inception, spread by violence, and by putting those who wouldn't convert to the sword.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

Quote:

WB said:

i'm getting tired now. you're an idiot.

Noooo, YOUUUU ARREEE !

Man, how infantile. You have no facts, but I'm an idiot.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

You fall into the standard "we need an enemy, the enemy is evil" rhetoric.

No, I was perfectly happy not to have an enemy, and never had an unkind thought of Muslims until they blindsided us on 9-11.

I even sucked up the liberal propaganda in the weeks after 9-11 (as my earliest posts here reflect) that these 9-11 bombings were abberant misrepresentations of Islam. Until it became increasingly clear that the terror was clearly straight out of the Koran, and that a vast percentage, if not a majority of the Muslim world, including Muslim Americans, believe in and support Muslim violence. As the articles I've posted reflect.
And that anywhere Muslims have immigrated to, there has been an uptick in anti-semitic violence, synagogue burnings, graveyard desecrations, and violence and rape of women.

I initially believed the "religion of peace" crap, until it increasingly rang untrue with what I was seeing.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

50 years ago and you'd be hopping over the red menace,

History has proven there was a Communist threat. And I would argue, as would many conservatives, that leftist Communist ideas that failed on the battlefield, are now destroying our society through their takeover of our universities and schools, arts, news, movies and television.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

120 years ago and you'd be hopping over how we must kill off the remaining indians.

Now, that's a really big leap, seeing as how I'm part Cherokee. But please, go on, keep reaching.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

the world survives in spite of people like you thankfully.

On the contrary, it survives despite angry uninformed schmucks like you. Thankfully.
While liberals dominate entertainment, arts, schools, universities and news, a majority is conservative, and therefore doesn't buy the anti-American heroin that is being pushed. And in its desperation, the Angry Left is getting increadingly shrill and visibly lacking in facts and objectivity. So I have hoe that we're now looking back at 40 years of declining test scores, falling birth rates, dysfunctional families, chaos and shooting in our schools, and stepping back now from the abyss where liberalism has led us.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

there is more than black and white to things. muslims are just like christians, only in a harsher region of the world. and as christians form their own little hate groups to beat and bomb, so do muslims.

Statistics, please ?

Or is that just you talking out your ass again, Ray?

There is no Christian violence to speak of. Christians just protest and push for political change, peacefully, and push for common sense policies, education that works, instead of misinformed political correctness. Art that represents out culture, instead of public-funded obscenities, created by twisted freaks who feel a need to submerge religious icons in their own urine and dare to call it art.
Self-preservation of our nation.
Punish criminals.
Protect rights of victims, rather than those of their attackers.
Deport illegal aliens, and not allow those who openly talk about attacking us to hide behind rights they've abused.
Common sense. Not liberalism.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

Quote:

WB said:

you really do reveal yourself as a nasty, hate filled "christian." which is too bad. i hope you're never held up by foreigners as an example of all americans or all chrisitans.

More baseless labels on your part. That clearly contradict the facts.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

Quote:

WB said:

so the culture of arabic nations is inferior to our own? what's the difference really in saying militants? do you want them, need them to label the races of killers on the news so you can know whether or not to hate them?

"Militants" is a sugar-coated metaphor that implies political justification for beheadings, abductions, slaughter of innocents, and suicide bombings.

It reflects the clear sympathies of the liberal media for the opposition.

Similar euphemistic labels and half-baked moral equivalency could have been used during World War II, if the media then had a similar wish to undermine the war effort of its own nation.
We probably would have lost WW II, if the same mindset and partisan vindictiveness had existed then.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

Quote:

the U.S. and Europe have provoked and fucked with the Middle East for decades, if not centuries. Not all one sided, as with Israel both sides have been pricks in this matter.

You again ignore history.

As I said above, the U.S. has provided considerable humanitarian and economic aid to the region, and even sided with Egypt against Britain and France in the 1956 war. But because of a blind hatred they choose to rationalize, they ignore the good we've done, and see only the bad.

Historically between Muslims and Christians, first blood, for many centuries, was drawn by Muslims. After Muslims seized all of Spain and Portugal, all of the formerly Christian Middle East and North Africa, Corsica, Sardinia, Sicily, and a good chunk of southern France, Christians finally began to fight back.
Christians were finally driving the last Muslims out of Spain when Columbus discovered America.

And again, the Ottoman Turks seized what is now Greece, Yugoslavia, Rumania, Bulgaria, and Hungary. The Muslim Turks were not stopped until they reached the gates of Vienna. And their abuses started the cycle that is still burning hatred between Bosnian Serbs, Muslims and Croats.

You also ignore that what became Israel was a barren largely unpopulated desert wasteland until Jewish settlers cultivated the land at great price from the 1880's till the 1940's. Through irrigation, the Israelis drew Arab migrants seeking work into an area that had largely been abandoned for centuries. Few Palestinians could trace their family's presence in Israel, the West Bank or Gaza further back than 50 years prior to Israel's independence in 1948. Most Arabs did not migrate there before the 1940's, when the Jews had cultivated the land and created job opportunites that Arabs utilized.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

Quote:

Peaceful co-existence?
No way.

that's actually the same lines islamic extremists use against us.

Oh, I'm sure. But that doesn't make their rhetoric any less of a lie.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

and its the same line hitler used against the jews.
the same line used to justify damn near any slaughter in history.

So, despite my clear pro-Israel stance, you sleazily compare me to Hitler. Nice ! The irony surely escapes you.

The Jews weren't suicide bombing German police stations, government buildings, etc. Jews weren't abducting German citizens and slaughtering them by the dozens per day. Jews weren't given land by the Germans, and then lobbing misiles and shells at the Germans in a bid to take the rest of Germany.

But I realize, to call your opposition Nazis is just the kneejerk response for you at this point. At least once a day, to anyone who disagrees with you.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

people like you are, quite frankly, the problem on our side. as the muslim wolrd must move away from their facists, so to must the western world move away from the facist pricks like you.

People like me see the true threat.

People like you gave away Austria and Czechoslavokia to Hitler, and hoped that would appease him. It didn't.

And in 1939, people like you were probably calling Churchill some equivalent name to a goose-stepping fascist Nazi. Right up until September 1, 1939, when Churchill was proven right.

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
Wow.

Thank you for proving what an angry, blame-America-first, twisted ideology the left has indoctrinated into the youth of America, where you can rationalize beheadings, mass violence by muslims, clearly rationalized by Koran teachings, chapter-and-verse.

Blame America First? Geez, get off the neo-con catchphrase of the day already. Next you'll tell me to "stay the course."
I actually put the blame on hate mongering and religious strife, as well as pointing out America's role in the past.
History shows that when nations stop being honest and start acting jingoistic they fall apart.

Quote:

And your marvelous liberal-indoctrinated talent to avoid rational discussion, and personally attack me or any other conservative as a "bigot" or a "racist" or whatever labels you can pull out of thin air to bypass the truth of what's been said.

No, I called you a racist after you suggested all Muslims are bad and should be deported (FYI you undermined G-man's whole argument on this thread).

Quote:

Thank you for proving me right. Again.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:

See?

Blame America first.

more like Blame American Government As Well for its actions.

Quote:

Even if the U.S. provided none of this aid, does that still justify their beheading people, and suicide bombings, and tens of millions of Muslims endorsing this savage action? Worldwide ? Even muslims in the U.S. ?

Did I say it did? I've always held the "Murder Bad in Any Form" stance. All I've said is that if we condemn their violence then we must condemn our own as well.
And we have provided aid, but we've also provided much evil and chaos to the region. We propped up Hussein, helped train bin Laden's people, sold arms to Iran, kept the Shah in power, and have made a mess out of Afghanistan (now the world leader in opium fields) and Iraq.

Quote:

It's not bigotry or racism to be suspicious of a group of people for clinging to fanatical Islamic beliefs, such as blowing up American institutions and military bases would assure them a place in heaven as martyrs.

I've given extensive examples to back up what I say, in the Islamic Ignorance topic and other topics.

It is actually biggotry by definition to judge an entire ethnicity or religion based on the actions of a few. Lets be sensible here. If all billion or so Muslims in the world were terrorists, we'd be fucked by now.

Quote:

No, just a dumbass, who thinks he knows it all, and a need to label thoose who disagree with him.

Your boycotting and screensaver activity doesn't advocate murder of those who disagree with your political and religious views.
Muslims, on the other hand, in great majorities, are active in or passively endorse suicide bombings, murder of non-muslims, honor killings, and other Koran-based violence.

I think its impossible for us to judge from our country. I mean you're sitting here endorsing a marine who kills an arab as a hero, while somewhere else in the world that marine is labeled as a killer.
Did you not cheer and get a neocon boner as Baghdad fell? Or, in other words, did Arabs not have to watch images of Americans cheering over Arab death?
Its easy for us to look at 9/11 as a personal thing and the rest of the world from the objective perspective, but the rest of the world has to live in that violence. Maybe the Arabic perspective is "now they know how it feels" in the same cold way you might only make a fuss when an American is killed in Iraq.
My point is that you can't condemn a whole group of people for not rallying behind America when the American people have failed to rally behind their tragedies.

Quote:

The IRA are a group of people who are ethnically Catholics, who attacked the British who are ethnically Protestant. But their war was never about Christianity, it was strictly about nationalism and independence. There was never any quotation of Bible scripture by either side to rationalize their violence.

A. Catholics vs. Protestant. Its a long running feud, and it is religious.
B. Islamic tradition has been twisted by terrorists and by people like yourself. Jihad is about fighting invaders in one's home. Innocents are never to be harmed, women and children are not to be harmed. These things have been twisted but by no means represent the religion, only the harsh and violent region where it mainly exists.

Quote:

Produce me one incident --just one !-- where the IRA quoted scripture and said it was their religious holy mission to wipe out the Brits.

now this is an obvious trick challenge on your part. if i produce for you logical debate that ireland's feud had a lot to do with religion then you bitch i didn't prove one guy quoting scripture.
however, the history of britain in the past centuries is heavily tied to Catholic/Protestant fighting so i don't have to prove here that the feud exists.
And while there are more than just the religious fighting in the Ireland violence, the land issues and bombings hold a clear parallel to the middle east.

Quote:

Wow, all these Muslim plots to bomb Canada, Britain, the U.S., Italy, Spain, some prevented, some slaughtering hundreds of innocent people... I must be imagining this fanaticism and be a racist to think Muslims are capable of violence or anti-American behavior.

just because some birds are blackbirds doesn't mean all birds are black.
Or to make it more clear, just because some black people commit crimes doesn't mean we should deport all black people.
My point is not to deny terrorism in the world, but to point out that not every Muslim is a suicide bomber.

Quote:

Oh yeah, an incident that ivolved 7 U.S. soldiers who are now courtmartialed and in jail for their actions. Seven soldiers out of 150,000 in Iraq. They were punished for their actions, not lionized.

You miss every point just to bitch, don't you? The fact is that when the photos appeared there was a lot of "talking points" about how this humiliation was needed for the war on terror.
Also, how often do you hear on American TV about each and every Iraqi killed? We, like them, look at our own side first.

Quote:

"The average citizen in such regions..." is just you talking out your ass without a clue of what you're talking about.

Man if could talk out of my ass I'd be a millionaire.

Oh, you missed the point again to insult me. At least my insults are to the point you fucking cunt.

Quote:

I assume you mean the "Piss Christ" exhibit, where the artist, with tax money supplied by the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), used public dollars to create "art" that is offensive to a vast majority of the public.

It angered me, yes.

ok, now take that anger and grow up in a harsh and violent part of the world where your religion is the only thing you have to offer you any hope.
There's a line between justifying and understanding. I'm not justifying any act of violence on any side, just advocating understanding.

Quote:

But I didn't go out and kill the artist, or put out a contract on him, and neither did any other Christian. He isn't forced into hiding to this day, like Salman Rushdie is, in fear of his life from murderous "Christian fanatics". At the peak of Christian outrage, he was never in fear for his life.
Millions on this planet live in fear of Muslim terrorism and murderous backlashes. Including Dutch members of their parliament, actors, and directors.

All terrible things, but do i lump you in as being an abortion clinic bomber because some christians do that?
The fact is, humans can be animals. The mafia needs no religious doctrine to do what they do, armies need no holy book to kill, so just because some use religion as a motive and can inspire others to follow them does not mean all members of the religion are evil only those who actually committ evil acts.
Or did David Koresh speak for all Christians?
Quote:

(1) There's no scriptural basis for killing an abortion doctor.

yet every one of the bombers see it as following their religion. Do you concede that sometimes crazy people use their religion to justify violence?

Quote:

(2) Such incidents are so incredibly rare and exaggerated, that it's absurd to make a comparison to Muslim fanatics, who literally intimidate billions to wonder if their subway or airliner or bus will be exploded by a suicide bomber. Becouse Muslims have previously done so in just about every country on Earth.

Rare or not, they still happen.
And don't you think that maybe a lot of the fear of terrorism is fostered by governments with Terror Alerts around election time, all these reports saying vaguely "we will be struck again" with no details. This actually helps the minority terrorists scare the majority without doing any work at all.

Quote:

(3) Most Christians roll their eyes with embarrasment at news of such abortion-doctor murders.
I certainly do.

You roll your eyes when someone is murdered?
Wow, more Christian love from you. I'm sure Jesus would be proud.

Quote:

As contrasted with the tens of thousands cheering in the streets in the West Bank on 9-11, who cheer every time news is given that Innocent Israelis have been killed by Palestinian mortar fire, missiles, abduction and torture, or suicide bombs. Likewise, the global widespread support of Al Qaida's terror and slaughter of non-muslim civilians.

As stated already, cheering and being a co-conspirator are vastly different things.
We cheered as Iraqis died during the 2003 Invasion. How did that look to them?
Also, please stop trusting the media so blindly. We get it through filtered prism. I have no clue what that video was about, I just know that Muslims I've known told me there was upset at the deaths. Islam teaches that innocents should not be harmed.

Quote:

What I said is based on news of muslim terror, and polls of muslim public opinion, which I linked in previous topics.

Newsflash, most people can't stomach your long posts without getting severe diarrhea. So I must have missed the link in whatever hate-filled diatribe you posted it in.

Quote:

As compared to you just talking out your ass, about things you don't really understand or care to explore the true facts of.

Just because I disagree, doesn't mean I don't understand.

Quote:

In your clear biased hatred of Christianity, you maliciously try to exaggerate Christian violence, while simultaneously downplaying Muslim violence, to falsely create an equivalency between the two.

I never downplayed the violence, just argued your point that all muslims are bad and like violence.
I've also taken pains to point out the christian violence as a counter in hopes that you would agree that just because there's a violent minority that the majority is not evil.

Quote:

Christianity for its first 300 years spread peacefully across the entire Roman empire. Despite Christian martyrs, there was no violence by Christians.
Islam, from its inception, spread by violence, and by putting those who wouldn't convert to the sword.

different region. the middle east is not a very nice place. its always been tense, always will be. and the early christians were powerless and persecuted. they had no means to really be violent.
Go to the middle ages and you'll find the ottoman empire being more tolerant to their jewish citizens than the catholic empires were.
Inquisition.
Witch trials.
KKK
my point of view is the only one that lets your religion come out of this as not evil. because i say that people do bad acts and you can't blame an entire race/religion for the actions of a minority.

Quote:

......I'm an idiot. ......

that's how G-man might edit that.

Quote:

No, I was perfectly happy not to have an enemy, and never had an unkind thought of Muslims until they blindsided us on 9-11.

Did you at any point in your life have a discussion about how we needed to stand up to evil old russia before they nuked us?
If so then you had an enemy and needed one. Going from the Indians to the Spanish to the Germans, to the Communists, to the Muslims we have always had an "enemy" in this country. Always a race of people who we can pin the problems du juor on. Because if we just blamed the ones who actually killed then we'd have no money-making wars.

Quote:

I even sucked up the liberal propaganda in the weeks after 9-11 (as my earliest posts here reflect) that these 9-11 bombings were abberant misrepresentations of Islam. Until it became increasingly clear that the terror was clearly straight out of the Koran, and that a vast percentage, if not a majority of the Muslim world, including Muslim Americans, believe in and support Muslim violence. As the articles I've posted reflect.
And that anywhere Muslims have immigrated to, there has been an uptick in anti-semitic violence, synagogue burnings, graveyard desecrations, and violence and rape of women.

I initially believed the "religion of peace" crap, until it increasingly rang untrue with what I was seeing.

Well thats a shame that you're so easily swayed by the bad eggs.
Going back on the old standby analogy I could argue that every night on the news I see a black person doing something bad and therefore have developed a hatred for blacks.

Quote:

History has proven there was a Communist threat. And I would argue, as would many conservatives, that leftist Communist ideas that failed on the battlefield, are now destroying our society through their takeover of our universities and schools, arts, news, movies and television.

The Communist threat was minor. We spied on them and they spied on us. History has also shown the Donald Rumsfeld working for the Ford Administration told us there were weapons in Russia where there were none(how does he keep working?).
History has also shown that the Cold War was mainly about paranoia. It was a Mexican standoff and a race between us to plant our flag in as many countries as possible.
The Russians weren't the Nazis.

Quote:

Now, that's a really big leap, seeing as how I'm part Cherokee. But please, go on, keep reaching.

you cut the earlier part. I was using our national "enemy" as an example.

Quote:

On the contrary, it survives despite angry uninformed schmucks like you. Thankfully.
While liberals dominate entertainment, arts, schools, universities and news, a majority is conservative, and therefore doesn't buy the anti-American heroin that is being pushed. And in its desperation, the Angry Left is getting increadingly shrill and visibly lacking in facts and objectivity. So I have hoe that we're now looking back at 40 years of declining test scores, falling birth rates, dysfunctional families, chaos and shooting in our schools, and stepping back now from the abyss where liberalism has led us.

Alot of that can be traced to society as a whole going through turmoil.
Liberals (not democrats, those are politicians) have always just wanted freedom and open government. And, quite frankly, if the government does wrong deeds they should be called on it. And when the government fucks up we should say "hey you fucked up, don't do that shit."
By sweeping America's mistakes under the carpet you allow corruption to breed. Because no one is allowed to be unpatriotic and question it.
Washington, Jefferson, Franklin were all Liberals. they saw a system they didn't like and they questioned it.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

Statistics, please ?

you want statistics that things are more than simple black and white? or that the middle east is a harsh region? or that christians bomb and beat people?

Quote:

There is no Christian violence to speak of. Christians just protest and push for political change, peacefully, and push for common sense policies, education that works, instead of misinformed political correctness. Art that represents out culture, instead of public-funded obscenities, created by twisted freaks who feel a need to submerge religious icons in their own urine and dare to call it art.

ok. and you're in the majority and have power so i bet that goes well for you.
however, watts riots and the la 1992 riots weren't fueled by islam.
so i guess you're lucky you can have peaceful protests.

Quote:

Self-preservation of our nation.
Punish criminals.
Protect rights of victims, rather than those of their attackers.
Deport illegal aliens, and not allow those who openly talk about attacking us to hide behind rights they've abused.
Common sense. Not liberalism.

No one's voting for you, Dave. Sorry. All of those are generic things like saying you love puppies. Then you imply that Liberals would be against all of those things.

Quote:

"Militants" is a sugar-coated metaphor that implies political justification for beheadings, abductions, slaughter of innocents, and suicide bombings.

uh huh

Quote:

It reflects the clear sympathies of the liberal media for the opposition.

uh huh.
you're like G-man if he lost his last shreds of sanity and slipped into a state of "Liberal media" "bad dark skins."

Quote:

Similar euphemistic labels and half-baked moral equivalency could have been used during World War II, if the media then had a similar wish to undermine the war effort of its own nation.
We probably would have lost WW II, if the same mindset and partisan vindictiveness had existed then.

The mindset that says if you question the political leaders then you hate the country. Quite frankly, if I hate someone I would let them fuck up instead of trying to make their job gtet done correctly.

Quote:

People like me see the true threat.

People like you gave away Austria and Czechoslavokia to Hitler, and hoped that would appease him. It didn't.

And in 1939, people like you were probably calling Churchill some equivalent name to a goose-stepping fascist Nazi. Right up until September 1, 1939, when Churchill was proven right.

Actually people like me were telling Chamberlain not to trust Hitler and were shot down.
People like you form Klans and lynch the bad element.
People like you see enemies in foreign faces.
People like you are bad for America and bad for this world.
and the real shame is that its the people like you in the middle east who are blowing up the innocents and the people like you in the US that are fostering fear.
Quite frankly, we need less people like you if the world is to survive.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

Actually people like me were telling Chamberlain not to trust Hitler and were shot down.

Pacifists were telling Chamberlain not to trust Hitler?

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Quote:

Pacifists were telling Chamberlain not to trust Hitler?

Only you would ignore all of that and WB's craziness to latch onto one line.
And, yes, people who questioned government officials said not to trust Hitler.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
FDR was not a pacifist. FDR was a government official. FDR didn't trust Hitler.

What pacifist, non-government offical, told Chamberlain not to trust Hitler?

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:

Winston Churchill.
And we're not talking pacisfism, or at least we weren't before you selectively quoted me. We were talking about questioning the government (that's what i called it, he called it "blame america first").

Why don't you read the fucking post and have the goddamn nerve to respond to the actual arguments instead of making up things to argue about that you think you have a fucking chance with you fucking cocksucking motherfucking piece of shit asshole donkey raping whore of a shit smear cunt*.

*no offense.

Bow ties are coool.
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
And people say that liberals are angry.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
It's too bad there's no way to respond to an extreme except with the opposite extreme.

Oh, wait. There is. But that might involve us leaving our precious party lines behind us.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
And people say that liberals are angry.

so i take it none of the right wingers here will actually address any of WB's rather racist statements, instead just take a potshot at me.

Bow ties are coool.
2500+ posts
2500+ posts
I was going to make a comparison between the extremism of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (whose members are hunted by the FBI) and the peaceful contributions of the mainstream Mormon church, but you guys are fucktards and probably wouldn't understand it unless I said something about liberals and conservatives.

Bush sucks.
Kerry sucks.
Clinton sucks.
Reagan sucks.

There. Debate.

Reveling in the knowledge that Sammitch will never interrupt my nookie ever again. 112,000 RACK Points!
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Killconey said:
I was going to make a comparison between the extremism of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (whose members are hunted by the FBI) and the peaceful contributions of the mainstream Mormon church, but you guys are fucktards and probably wouldn't understand it unless I said something about liberals and conservatives.

Bush sucks.
Kerry sucks.
Clinton sucks.
Reagan sucks.

There. Debate.

make your comparisons. i'm interested.

Bow ties are coool.
2500+ posts
2500+ posts

Reveling in the knowledge that Sammitch will never interrupt my nookie ever again. 112,000 RACK Points!
2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Sorry, all I saw was my, "Bush sucks, Kerry sucks" and "make your comparisons." I found that hilarious, because I obviously never really thought of making any point there. Ahem, I'll try to stay focused now.

I think that these issues are very similar because you're dealing with an extremist faction of a religion that is normally peaceful. Warren Jeffs is a polygamist who is accused of assisting in child rape and has controlled every aspect of his followers lives in a very fascist manner. There was another guy who's name escapes my mind right now, but he actually killed off an entire family of his followers because he believed that they were spiritually unfit to follow him.

Mainstream Mormons are very different. While they can occasionally be overzealous and annoying, Mormons are usually very hardworking and honest. They have very strong convictions and will stick to them, but the ones I've met are never as rude as many Christians are.

The main difference between Mormonism and Islam is that Mormons are mostly restricted to the United States and Islam spreads throughout the world. That means that when there is an extremist sect of Islam, they have a lot more potential disciples to preach to, including people from third-world contries that are more prone to open warfare than we are.

It's not that hard to tell the difference between Warren Jeffs and a real Mormon and it shouldn't be that hard to tell the difference between Osama bin Laden and a real Muslim.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Quote:

the G-man said:

Winston Churchill.
And we're not talking pacisfism, or at least we weren't before you selectively quoted me. We were talking about questioning the government (that's what i called it, he called it "blame america first").

Why don't you read the fucking post and have the goddamn nerve to respond to the actual arguments instead of making up things to argue about that you think you have a fucking chance with you fucking cocksucking motherfucking piece of shit asshole donkey raping whore of a shit smear cunt*.

*no offense.

Yeah, really, G-man !

What are you trying to pull, pointing out the historical inaccuracy of the "facts" that Ray bases his half-baked opinions on?

It would have been much more informative and relevant to the issue if you'd just called him a donkeyfucker or something.

Quote:

Killconey said:
It's not that hard to tell the difference between Warren Jeffs and a real Mormon and it shouldn't be that hard to tell the difference between Osama bin Laden and a real Muslim.

My problem with that argument is how widespread support is in the Muslim world for Osama Bin Laden. How so many endorse Al Qaida's slaughter of innocents and terror as a true representation of Islam. Regardless of the fact that they only give verbal or financial support to Al Qaida's actions, this vast percentage of Muslims represent a fertile ground for terrorist recruitment, because they are already ideologically aligned with Al Qaida.
As compared to the average Christian, who condemns violence in the name of Christianity.
Quite the opposite among Muslims, advocacy of violence in the cause of Islam is the norm, not the exception.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Quote:

the G-man said:

Winston Churchill.

*no offense.

Yeah, really, G-man !

What are you trying to pull, pointing out the historical inaccuracy of the "facts" that Ray bases his half-baked opinions on?

It would have been much more informative and relevant to the issue if you'd just called him a donkeyfucker or something.

Quote:

Killconey said:

My problem with that argument is how widespread support is in the Muslim world for Osama Bin Laden. How so many endorse Al Qaida's slaughter of innocents and terror as a true representation of Islam. Regardless of the fact that they only give verbal or financial support to Al Qaida's actions, this vast percentage of Muslims represent a fertile ground for terrorist recruitment, because they are already ideologically aligned with Al Qaida.
As compared to the average Christian, who condemns violence in the name of Christianity.
Quite the opposite among Muslims, advocacy of violence in the cause of Islam is the norm, not the exception.

you have selective reading, don't you?

Bow ties are coool.
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I actually responded to every point in your long post, and then had my system crash when I went to post it.

What exactly is it that you feel is "selective" ?

I find the accusation of my being "selective" rather funny from you, considering your interpretation of events, and the proven historical innaccuracy of the basis for your views.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
By "selective" Ray usually means that he wishes you hadn't noticed something really damaging to his argument and/or revealing, that was buried in the middle of his long rant.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Pretty much, I'm sure.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
By "selective" Ray usually means that he wishes you hadn't noticed something really damaging to his argument and/or revealing, that was buried in the middle of his long rant.

no, by selective i mean that you, wb will pick one line or one response and respond to it but then ignore other bits that came before it and add the needed context to the statement.

Bow ties are coool.
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Quote:

the G-man said:

no, by selective i mean that you, wb will pick one line or one response and respond to it but then ignore other bits that came before it and add the needed context to the statement.

Actually, in my above lengthy post, and in many similar posts, I've included all the text of the post I'm responding to.

But when it goes for several rounds back and forth like that, it gets tiresome, and I sometimes shorten it by focusing on what I see as your main points that I want to respond to.

I have a tendency for long posts, but I do occasionally go for more brevity, which hopefully means more people read my response. Sorry if that courtesy offends you.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:

Actually, in my above lengthy post, and in many similar posts, I've included all the.....

all the what? all the lies? all the bullshit?
you should feel ashamed of yourself.

Quote:

Sorry...

apology excepted and this is what i mean by g-man's selective quoting of people.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Ray, are you okay?

Seriously. I'm staring to worry about your mental health.

You seem to genuinaely believe that quoting you in any way, shape or form is automatically taking something out of context.

You also seem to have lost the simple ability, an ability that even most children have, to comprehend the difference between distilling the essence of what someone said and recasting it to mean the opposite of what it originally meant.

Again, I'm not busting on you. I really think you have a problem. Have you considered medical diagnosis?

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Ray, are you okay?

Seriously. I'm staring to worry about your mental health.

You seem to genuinaely believe that quoting you in any way, shape or form is automatically taking something out of context.

only your yellow quoting methods.
you take a quote and clip off part of it (MEM's Clinton messed up but Bush messed up way worse becomes Clinton messed up....).
Or you take half of a quote from the middle of a long and protatracted argument on one thread and use it to prove some point on another thread.

Its all very dishonest. And I'm obviously not the only one who thinks so.

Quote:

You also seem to have lost the simple ability, an ability that even most children have, to comprehend the difference between distilling the essence of what someone said and recasting it to mean the opposite of what it originally meant.

cutting off half a sentence (the aforementioned MEM post) or using half posts from one thread to another is dishonest.

Quote:

Again, I'm not busting on you. I really think you have a problem. Have you considered medical diagnosis?

I was just told I have a brain tumor. I said to the doctor "Doctor how can this be?"
and he replied "have you been exposed to any pathetic useless people who cling to the tiniest bit of power and think that manipulating messageboard posts towards a political slant makes some point?"
And I just nodded my headed and cried a single tear.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
So, what you're saying is that you don't really stand for anything.

You can say, for example, on one thread that its wrong to engage in personal attacks and name calling and then shortly thereafter on a different thread, engage in personal attacks and we aren't supposed to note the hypocrisy and/or inconsistency.

That only works if we assume your views are meaningless and change from thread to thread.

In the alternative...

If you don't want people to remember stupid or extreme things that you have said, you need to stop making stupid and extreme statements.

If you don't want people to point out that you have contradicted yourself from one thread to the next then you need to stop contradicting yourself in different threads.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
So, what you're saying is that you don't really stand for anything.

i'm not obligated to stand for the things you tell me I stand for.

Quote:

You can say, for example, on one thread that its wrong to engage in personal attacks and name calling and then shortly thereafter on a different thread, engage in personal attacks and we aren't supposed to note the hypocrisy and/or inconsistency.

i said politicians shouldn't spend the bulk of their money attacking the opponent. I hold elected offices to a higher regard than message board posts. So while a politician shouldn't call their opponent a "cunt" or a "fucking asshole" i have no problem calling you one.
why?
because i'm not an elected official representing anyone but myself. I've been consistent on this.

Quote:

If you don't want people to remember stupid or extreme things that you have said, you need to stop making stupid and extreme statements.

maybe you'd get less extreme statements if you learned to fucking read.

Quote:

If you don't want people to point out that you have contradicted yourself from one thread to the next then you need to stop contradicting yourself in different threads.

i didn't.

Bow ties are coool.
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Did someone close to you die recently? You seem even more angry than usual?

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Did someone close to you die recently? You seem even more angry than usual?

No, just saying fuck a lot more.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

i said politicians shouldn't spend the bulk of their money attacking the opponent. I hold elected offices to a higher regard than message board posts. So while a politician shouldn't call their opponent a "cunt" or a "fucking asshole" i have no problem calling you one.
why?
because i'm not an elected official representing anyone but myself. I've been consistent on this.

The "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" weren't politicians or elected officials. So you are saying that you had no problems with their "personal" attacks on John Kerry?

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:

The "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" weren't politicians or elected officials. So you are saying that you had no problems with their "personal" attacks on John Kerry?

G-man they were lying. I'm pretty sure that's slander, a crime.

You're playing semantics for some bizarre reason. As if getting me to admit that either I'm wrong or you're right or Bush is great will somehow validate you. Its so fucking sad how petty you are. And its a waste of time. There is no point to this discussion anymore.
Political commercials and debates would generally be held to a different standard than anonymous messageboards.

Bow ties are coool.

Link Copied to Clipboard