M E M, how can you possibly look at a conspiracy by multiple reporters to not cover the Jeremiah Wright story as anything other than an attempt to get Obama elected and spin the news in Obama's favor?
How much influence they had is not the issue. (And how much influence many other like-minded liberal reporters nationwide had, who weren't part of the Journo-list discussions but clearly were ideologically one with these Soviet-worthy slander propagandists.)

Successful or not (and I think they were successful in pushing Obama over the top by a narrow margin) their intent to circumnavigate the facts, and outright slander Karl Rove, Fred Barnes or others to sell Obama to the public, is clear.

They put their ideological bias ahead of anything resembling objective reporting (i.e. Obama Ministry of Truth reporting), and openly discussed slandering Karl Rove and other republicans, to deceitfully create a diversion to distract from the marxist racism of The Annointed One they conspired to fly cover for.

What you see as a "debunk" I see as badly attempted spin when they clearly have their hands in the cookie jar.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.