Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
I dunno, you seem to be able to make the Foley scandal all about democrats when it was about republicans.

It's about the double-standard, that Democrats guilty of even worse offenses and more blatant criminal action are not held accountable.

In Foley's case, it was unethical but not criminal (sending flirtatious sexual text messages to an under-age page, inside the Congress building, while he was working in the halls of government.

As I said, Studds was clearly guilty of a crime (sex with a minor, pedophilia) and not Studds, not his fellow Democrats on the Hill, not the Democrat voters of his district, not even the media, had one word of complaint about it.

As I said, Foley behaved unethically, while Studds unquestionably broke the law, and with no later apology at any time.
A clear double standard by democrats and the media.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.