The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus

Gun > Fist. Grown Armed Man > Unarmed Teen. The math is always the same.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Unless Martin was also carrying a pistol, Zimmerman is guilty of murder.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

If someone was jumping on me, and I was carrying a gun, I damn well would take the gun out and shoot my attacker at some point.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

If someone was jumping on me, and I was carrying a gun, I damn well would take the gun out and shoot my attacker at some point.

Good old fashioned Hate from David. How am I not surprised?

If you kill them, then you should go to jail as a murderer. Especially if they're unarmed, and a teenager. Fact.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
In light of the confirmed injuries, I'd like to revive a question that Doc asked MEM earlier in the thread:

Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
What if Zimmerman didn't have a gun and Martin wound up beating him to death? Would you still be blaming Zimmerman for following Martin around?
I don't think that's a reasonable hypothetical. Zimmerman outweighed Martin for starters and by the looks of the video it wasn't all fat. Also while some conservatives have dug up anything and everything that could possibly make Martin look bad, they have yet to turn up any incidents where he attacked another person.

Barring further perceptions of what you consider to be "reasonable" since hypotheticals aren't necessarily meant to fit any such preconceptions--plus all of your assumptions with regards to their weight classes and the likelihood of one getting beat up over another turned out to be wrong--in light of the new evidence, do you care to make any amendments to your position?

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Oh, Repostheus

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
We saw it, move on lazy girl, adults are talking.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Then what the fuck are you speaking up for?

I tend not to waste time repeating my posts. Once I've made my point, and no one is able to contradict it, all I have to do is repost it to make my point. Learn to read and then you can have something to say on the subject. I mean, other than

\:lol\:

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

I tend not to waste time repeating my posts. Once I've made my point, and no one is able to contradict it, all I have to do is repost it to make my point. Learn to read and then you can have something to say on the subject. I mean, other than

People can contradict you, you childishly ignore them then call them a name.

You call others cowards but instead of discuss or debate you spam.

It's weak and lazy.

Your childish attitude makes you open for ridicule, but it doesn't make me angry.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
BTW, seriously, I like the Cobra avatar. Well done.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
In light of the confirmed injuries, I'd like to revive a question that Doc asked MEM earlier in the thread:

What if Zimmerman didn't have a gun and Martin wound up beating him to death? Would you still be blaming Zimmerman for following Martin around?
I don't think that's a reasonable hypothetical. Zimmerman outweighed Martin for starters and by the looks of the video it wasn't all fat. Also while some conservatives have dug up anything and everything that could possibly make Martin look bad, they have yet to turn up any incidents where he attacked another person.

Barring further perceptions of what you consider to be "reasonable" since hypotheticals aren't necessarily meant to fit any such preconceptions--plus all of your assumptions with regards to their weight classes and the likelihood of one getting beat up over another turned out to be wrong--in light of the new evidence, do you care to make any amendments to your position?

So Zimmerman had some minor injuries and that proves what exactly? The doc was talking about Zimmerman hypothetically being beaten to death. He was clearly not injured anywhere near that.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_nf=1&to...iw=1024&bih=648

Choose your poison in news sources.

Martin had marijuana in his system, which I can say little about, I smoked pot as a teen and never had a physical confrontation.

Problem is new witness account

Quote:
A witness, whose name is redacted, told investigators he saw "a black male, wearing a dark colored hoodie," on top of a white or Hispanic male who was yelling for help.

The witness, who was looking out the sliding glass door at his home about 30 feet away, said he saw the black male throwing punches "MMA (mixed martial arts) style."

He said he told the fighters he was calling the police. He said that as he was making the call, he heard a shot. He looked outside and saw the person who had been on top laid out on the grass as if he had been shot. He said the other fighter was standing on the sidewalk, talking to another person with a flashlight.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
That might be because he shot Martin.

My question was, in essence, if the roles had been reversed or just that Zimmerman didn't have a gun and was the victim of violence from Martin, would you still blame Zimmerman, or would you recognize Martin as being an aggressor and responsible?

I'm waiting to see if they release the trajectory of the bullet that killed Martin. That should give us a better idea of the situation when Zimmerman fired.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
there was a second gunman!

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_nf=1&tok=pcRCn9QOaAwn_eZBhilEuw&cp=36&gs_id=6a&xhr=t&q=marijuana+in+Trayvon+Martin%27s+system&pf=p&safe=off&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=marijuana+in+Trayvon+Martin%27s+system&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=13e63fa5bd919d80&biw=1024&bih=648

Choose your poison in news sources.

Martin had marijuana in his system, which I can say little about, I smoked pot as a teen and never had a physical confrontation.

Problem is new witness account

The trace amount Martin had in his body wouldn't have affected him. Zimmerman however was on a couple of prescription that treat a couple of mental disorders.

The witness account isn't new. That and several others who saw and heard different things have already been posted in this thread.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Like I said, I smoked pot as a teen and never had any physical confrontations.

To say the amount wouldn't have had an effect is silly.

It may have, it may not.

It doesn't make any difference, really.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Zimmerman however was on a couple of prescription that treat a couple of mental disorders.

Holy. Shit. Are you kidding me? And The Rightwing Racists are scrambling to defend this fucking whackjob?

Quote:
The witness account isn't new. That and several others who saw and heard different things have already been posted in this thread.

And I'm sure it will be posted again and again in different formats, from different Right-sites, with different slants, by all the Righto's in this thread. Hell, G's probably right now looking for a way to question you, MEM. He sure loves you, there's no denying that one...

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Like I said, I smoked pot as a teen

"Teen"? How old were you in those Interview pics you have me? There's one of you, looking like you're in your 20's, smoking a joint...

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
I've smoked pot for 18 years and I can tell you with absolute certainty there's nothing in weed that makes ANYONE want to "confront" anyone or anything else except your couch and the fridge. It's ludicrous when kneejerks (not you, I'm ranting) who have never tried anything try and say with some sense of expertise that they know the effects of marijuana and how people "should" react to it. The greatest argument I love is: "Well, I've never jumped off a bridge, but I don't have to know it will hurt me/I don't want to/etc." It makes me laugh when ignorants try and correlate any type of harm or death to pot when there's absolutely zero accounts of weed causing any deaths or medical conditions that weren't already present. Just more Federal-Spin because they literally can't control it. Unlike alcohol, tobacco, and cocaine (!) all of which are rated lower in risk. However, I have yet to find any actual scientific fact to back that up. Just the Feds and their power grip. They want to tax it soooo bad, but because it's so easy to grow Philip-Morris battles against its legality every chance they get, while simultaneously preparing for the day it happens by prepping entire factories and fields to grow Corporate Addiction-Added Marijuana for the masses. Because, if they can't make money off it, you sure as FUCK don't have the right to enjoy yourself. Don't you understand the Amerikan System of Corporate Government?

Sorry. Touchy subject for me.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

It may have, it may not.

No, factually, it would not have had any effect. The trace amount in his bloodstream merely indicates that sometime in the past 30 days he'd inhaled (possibly only a single puff). Medically, weed loses its effects on you after a couple of hours. If he'd been toking up within hours of his death, the amount would be a lot more than a "trace". And, let's face it, he'd probably be chilling out somewhere, not passing through...

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Like I said, I smoked pot as a teen

"Teen"? How old were you in those Interview pics you have me? There's one of you, looking like you're in your 20's, smoking a joint...

I still do, I just did then as well.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

It may have, it may not.

No, factually, it would not have had any effect. The trace amount in his bloodstream merely indicates that sometime in the past 30 days he'd inhaled (possibly only a single puff). Medically, weed loses its effects on you after a couple of hours. If he'd been toking up within hours of his death, the amount would be a lot more than a "trace". And, let's face it, he'd probably be chilling out somewhere, not passing through...

I'm not trying to say it had any thing to do with the shooting.

I was really more interested in the witness account I had never heard before.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts

So Zimmerman had some minor injuries ...

This from a guy who calls a haircut "rape..."

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

This from a guy that calls brown people "subhuman..."

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Or Romney getting a group together to help hold down somebody so that he can give the them an unwanted haircut as just a prank.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Quote:
...The girl, whose name has not been made public, told Assistant State Attorney Bernie de la Rionda that Martin got away from the man, who turned out to be Zimmerman, but only temporarily.

He was out of breath from running away and scared, she said, and decided not to keep running because he was close to the house where he was staying.

And as Zimmerman drew closer, the girl said, Martin called out, "Why you following me for?" according to the recording.

"I hear this man, like this old man, say, 'What are you doing around here?' " the girl said.

The girl said she called out to Martin, asking what was happening, but he didn't answer. The next thing she heard was a bumping sound, followed by what might have been a scuffle.

"I could hear it a little bit, 'Get off, get off,' then the phone just hung up," the girl said.

CNN

This is going to be a problem for the defense since previously it was just thought that only Zimmerman was the only one left to testify how the fight started. If Martin's friend testifies that she could hear Martin saying "get off, get off" that is going to give the prosecution testimony to use that it was Zimmerman who started the fight.

Fair play!
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
 Quote:
...Martin's friend

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
...Who has less of a motive to lie than Zimmerman.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
There's a phrase for an argument that stupid. It escapes me at the moment.

Nonetheless, you're being incredibly concessionary. For what reason, I have not a clue.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Seriously....less motive to lie. That's fucking retarded.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

This from a guy that calls brown people "subhuman..."

Actually, what G-man said, in full context, was that radical muslim Afghans who kill U.S. soldiers --killing the very people who are rebuilding Afghans' country and training an Afghan army, killing U.S. soldiers who defend them against radical Taliban and Al Qaida fanatics, who saw people's heads off, who brutalize women, that Afghan fanatics who kill the people who are trying to pull them out of a radical islamic stone age-- are subhuman.

NOT "brown people" are subhuman.

Specific islamic fanatics who kill people are subhuman.

I frankly didn't fully agree with G-man's comment when he made it. But I still feel you slanderously misrepresented the context.

I don't think we should go in and carpet bomb the whole country. But I do think at this point we should stop training Afghan soldiers who are shooting our own soldiers in the back, and withdraw entirely from Afghanistan as soon as our national security interests and stability allow.

And I think we should reserve the right to invade and/or carpet bomb them in the future, if Afghanistan again harbors terrorism that threatens the United States.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Seriously....less motive to lie. That's fucking retarded.

For Zimmerman the motive for lying would be to avoid prison. Martin's friend however would actually be taking a risk if she gave false testimony.

Glad I could explain it for you Pariah.

Fair play!
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
I still think it's obvious that recreational marijuana use was the main catalyst for the events that precipitated this tragedy, no matter how much far-left enablers of evil try and maintain otherwise.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch
I still think it's obvious that recreational marijuana use was the main catalyst for the events that precipitated this tragedy, no matter how much far-left enablers of evil try and maintain otherwise.

You mean if he hadn't been high he wouldn't have needed Skittles?

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts

Please please PLEASE don't even try to say the trace thc in his bloodstream is what made martin ask that wanna-be cop why he was following him. First off, did martin smoke weed or did he hang with people who did? Because I've gotten contact high from friends smoking weed around me but I've never puffed a joint in my life. Second, I've never known a person who was anything other than mellow when stoned. I don't understand the "devil weed" mentality people still have.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I agree the marijuana is a non issue.

Page 13 of 31 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard