Originally Posted by Matter-eater Man
Freedom of the press is a threat to the true authoritarians WB. Loyalty to Trump vs democracy is really the only value the GOP is ending up with as it eats it’s own that refuse to choose country over a pathetic lying rich guy that had a tv show.

My side cheers for a free press and objective journalism.

Your side slanders people like Sharyl Attkisson, John Stossel, Lara Logan and John Solomon, award winning journalists who refuse to just be propagandists for the Democrat party's daily lying talking points.
Your side ARE the authoritarians, for which "journalism" for them is just controlled messaging and propaganda, not actual reporting. And the message is consistently hate Trump, hate conservatives, and negatively portray them at every turn no matter what the true facts, to advance their Democrat/Left allies.

The Republican party rejects self-serving deceivers like Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney, Liz Cheney, Mitch McConnell and others because they campaigned on one thing and then betrayed the voters they were elected to represent !
That's not "loyalty to Trump", that's loyalty TO THEMSELVES and their own values defended by Trump. And Trump has been the only Republican leader to keep his promises and truly represent the interests of the people who voted for him. He has kept his promises like no other president since Ronald Reagan. And as I cited previously, arguably (according to Heritage foundation) delivered more of what he promised than even Reagan.

As I said, when I first voted for Trump, I was hesitant. I liked his agenda, but was unsure if he could do what he promised, or if he even had an interest in keeping his promises. But he proved himself, achioeving beyond my wildest dreams, and likewise for at least 74.3 million Americans. That's not blind loyalty or indoctrinated loyalty, that's EARNED loyalty, with his clear achievements.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.