Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
By the way...

Is anyone else on that list as tickled as I am that the best whomod can come up with is to call us "fucktards"?

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
I'm actually quite honored. Any sort of insult from Whomod I'd take as a complement.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Quote:

whomod said:
Quote:

Dave the Wonder Boy said:
A political cartoon by Pat Oliphant:

I just want to ask, what does a cartoon about the folly of amending the Constitution to prevent a group of people equal rights have to do with the war in Iraq??

Well, whomod, the Oliphant cartoon isn't about "gay marriage" or the Iraq war.
It's just a political statement devoid of logic, lashing out bitterly at President Bush and, without any lucid point, calling him an idiot.

A baseless illogical assumption that slanderously ad-libs Jefferson an opinion that is in complete opposition to his writings.
As I said in the "islamic ignorance" topic...

http://www.rkmbs.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=206064&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

... the founding fathers clearly believed that teaching of the Bible, and biblical principles, was essential to the survival of a democracy, and the Bible's absence from prior attempts at Democracy is what doomed those attempts to failure.
Homosexuality, and specifically "gay marriage" (an oxymoron that combines biblical and ANTI-biblical concepts) is a farce that clearly has emerged from the abandonment of the Biblical pillar the founding fathers unquestionably saw as essential to an enduring healthy Democracy.

~

Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
What do you think you're doing bringing logic and facts into this?!?

So true. Clearly falling on deaf liberal ears.

Quote:

Zod said:
ZOD finds the "comedy" from the left full of hate and lacking of wit. Anymore it's direct and absurd, such as the one above. ZOD is sure Jefferson considered the possiblity of same sex marriage when writing the Constitution and was for it. Please...

Methinks that Zod has a gift for wit as well as wisdom.
Let all bend knee in submission to the wisdom of Zod !

~

It's also clear that Democrats' bitterness and hate is not reserved for Bush alone:

The same venom directed at Bush is being directed at Ralph Nader.

I've heard the guy vilified by pundits on the weekend news review shows for weeks, simply for running again as a Presidential candidate. They don't even examine his reasons for running, they just viciously discredit him as "on an ego trip" and other slander, aimed at thoroughly discrediting him from consideration by voters.

Liberals will viciously attack anyone who goes against their oh-so-enlightened vision and ideology of what is best for the country. Apparently that includes trashing Nader, who is arguably one of their own.

--------------------

"This Man, This Wonder Boy..."

some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Dave, the 2nd panel of your little cartoon CLEARLY mentions gay marriage. What do you mean the cartoon has nothing to do with gay marriage???

What the cartoon doesn't specifically mention is (P)resident Bush. That inference is yours. But hey if the boot fits..

Last edited by whomod; 2004-03-16 4:10 PM.
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
I'm actually quite honored. Any sort of insult from Whomod I'd take as a complement.

Well actually, that quote that a clearly unhinged MrJLA posted repeatedly was for your benefit and I beleive you actually were the 1st to post it here just as I knew you would when I posted it over at those boards. I had noticed you were running around that whole week carrying your little grudges back and forth between boards and just wanted to fuck with you that day.

"Fucktard" is not the best I could come up with. It was just a convenient word I borrowed from that board as they already had you guys well pegged.

Last edited by whomod; 2004-03-16 4:15 PM.
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
always the bridesmaid. never the fucktard.

giant picture
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
The level of venom being directed at Nader is actually a corrollary of the intense hatred of Bush.

Years ago, Nader was a Democrat's god. His work, allegedly on behalf of consumers and the environment, was universally cited by the Democrats as what good government or good lawyering was all about. He was every bit as much their hero as Martin Luther King or John Lennon.

But now, judging from that cartoon they are so fixated on "getting" the President that, almost overnight, Nader has gone in their eyes from shining hero of the "little guy" to the moral equivalent of a terrorist bomber...and all because he might get in the way of the man they consider their real enemy.

It almost makes you wonder what will they stop it to get Bush?

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Quote:

whomod said:
Dave, the 2nd panel of your little cartoon CLEARLY mentions gay marriage. What do you mean the cartoon has nothing to do with gay marriage???

What the cartoon doesn't specifically mention is (P)resident Bush. That inference is yours. But hey if the boot fits..

i don't think there's any doubt in anyone's mind that it's aimed at Bush.

As I already said, the Oliphant cartoon assumes with no facts to support it that Jefferson would have approved of gay marriage.
Asked and answered.

Therefore, there is no factual argument that it makes.
It just slanders Jefferson by putting words in his mouth (that directly contradict Jefferson and other founding fathers' words of the importance of biblical principles and teaching the Bible in a democracy, which homosexuality (and specifically, "gay marriage") are in flagrant opposition of, to mock Bush and call him an idiot, without a factual basis.

There is no reasoned point made, the cartoon is just a fabricated excuse to call Bush an idiot, that follows no logical path of evidence.
While ostensibly commenting on the gay marriage issue, the Oliphant cartoon manufactures Jefferson's approval out of thin air, not from historical evidence, and therefore only exists to insult Bush and misrepresent the issue.

--------------------

"This Man, This Wonder Boy..."

--------------------

Quote:

( from the "It's not about oil or Iraq..." topic, page 24: )
Mister JLA said:
That doesn't change the fact that blahblahblah neocons this, neocons that, conspiracy...Haliberton...Cheney, where was Bush on 9/11...? he duped the American public...lies, lies, lies, the average American doesn't question things like I do, since I care more and am smarter...here in California...blahblahblah.

Signed,

whomod.

"The Whomod Technique"
http://www.rkmbs.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=258330&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=&vc=1&PHPSESSID=

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:
always the bridesmaid. never the fucktard.

You're welcome.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I wipe my own ass.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
The current Chairman of the Democratic National Committee is Terry McAuliffe. I think we can all agree that makes him as mainstream as a liberal can get.

USA Today reports that McAuliffe's office has a doormat with a picture of the President for people to wipe their feet on.

But I'm sure that's okay...protected by the First Amendment...legitimate attack on failed policies...yeah, but what about Clinton and the special prosecutor....blah...blah...whine...whine....etc.

Not at all hateful, I'm sure.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Do Liberals hate the President?

Well, not just liberals now apparently....

Quote:

Poll Says Bush Is Losing Support on Iraq

Mon Apr 5,11:13 PM ET

By WILL LESTER, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - Public approval of President Bush (news - web sites)'s handling of Iraq (news - web sites) has slipped to a new low — alongside his overall job rating — after last week's grisly deaths of four contractors in Fallujah, a poll says.

Still, a majority supports his decision to use military force in Iraq, says the poll released Monday.

Four in 10, or 40 percent, approve of the way Bush is handling Iraq, while 53 percent disapprove. That's down from six in 10 who approved in mid-January, according to the poll by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press.

Bush's overall job approval is at 43 percent, a low point for his presidency, down from 56 percent in mid-January. In the new poll, 47 percent disapproved of Bush's job performance. Bush's job approval soared to 90 percent after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and remained in the 70s for almost a year after that.

Public support for the decision to use military force in Iraq has not changed. The poll found that 57 percent think the United States made the right decision to use military force — about the same as in early February.

"People are sticking to their guns on whether this was the right decision, but they're beginning to feel a little more wary about how long our troops are exposed to these dangers," said Andrew Kohut, director of the Pew Research Center. "While they think this was the right thing to do, they don't think Bush is handling it very well."

Kohut suggested the drop in Bush's overall approval rating may be caused by a combination of domestic and overseas concerns. Public interest in high gas prices rose to 58 percent who said they were following the story very closely, compared with 47 percent who felt that way in mid- March.

"He's got bad news out of Iraq, interest in gasoline prices is soaring," Kohut said. He added that the effect of last Friday's report of more than 300,000 new jobs may not be evident in polls yet.

The poll of 790 adults was taken Thursday through Sunday and has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.

Half of those polled, 50 percent, said the United States should keep troops in Iraq until a stable government is formed there, while 44 percent said the U.S. should bring troops home as soon as possible. In January, 63 percent said the United States should keep troops in Iraq until there is a stable government.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Opinion polls. These discount the painfully obvious reality that the vast majority of Americans haven't a damned clue how the country should be run. I find it ironic that in the same breath people can talk about how poorly educated we Americans are compared to the rest of the world, and then accept without question the uninformed opinions of those same Americans.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

whomod said:
Do Liberals hate the President?

Well, not just liberals now apparently....

Four in 10, or 40 percent, approve of the way Bush is handling Iraq, while 53 percent disapprove. That's down from six in 10 who approved in mid-January, according to the poll by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press.

Bush's overall job approval is at 43 percent, a low point for his presidency, down from 56 percent in mid-January. In the new poll, 47 percent disapproved of Bush's job performance. Bush's job approval soared to 90 percent after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and remained in the 70s for almost a year after that.

Apparently, Whomod thinks that disapproval of policy equals "hate."

Anything to justify his own hatred, I guess.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
Opinion polls. These discount the painfully obvious reality that the vast majority of Americans haven't a damned clue how the country should be run. I find it ironic that in the same breath people can talk about how poorly educated we Americans are compared to the rest of the world, and then accept without question the uninformed opinions of those same Americans.

No offense, but I don't recall you using that argument when the results of opinion polls were drastically in Bush's favor, as they had been for a good part of the last few years(don't tell that to Michael Moore, though).

Now, I do agree that there are a great number of people who are either completely clueless or just indifferent when it comes to politics. However, I think that fact should make it our agenda to educate the public, not disregard them(which is really why they're indifferent in the first place).

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Oh. That was just comic relief. I wasn't totally serious the other times either. But I know what you're getting at. I rarely waste what few aggressive tendencies I have on less-than-urgent issues.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
In an Asia Times book review, writer John Parker offers an interesting analysis of anti-Americanism/anti-Bushism that seems so prevalent among liberals today:

Anti-Americanism has ascended from its former status as the preoccupation of a relative handful of Jurassic Marxists, professional victims, Third World whiners, and Islamo-fascist troglodytes to the level of a major new global religion. Like any religion, it has its saints (which include the likes of Che Guevara and Ho Chi Minh), its martyrs (the Rosenbergs, the Guantanamo Bay detainees and Saddam Hussein's sons), its high priests (Noam Chomsky, Michael Moore and Abu Bakar Ba'asyir), and its desperately over-eager wanna-bes...

the religion has a hell (America), and a devil (George W Bush)

the anti-American cult provides its legions of adherents with the crucial element of any faith: the illusion of meaning in an otherwise meaningless existence. That priceless psychological salve, in this case, is the comforting delusion that, no matter how hypocritical, backward, bigoted, ignorant, corrupt or cowardly the cult's followers might otherwise be, at least they are better than those awful Americans.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
So are we equating Bush and America, now? If you're against one, you're against the other, too?

I definitely think Michael Moore is anti-Bush...but anti-American is quite a strong statement. I think self-critical is more like it.

Could you possibly show me some examples of these liberals that "hate" America? Ho Chi Minh and the Hussein family hardly count. They're anything but liberal, and I can't recall anyone annointing them sainthood(metaphorically or literally) outside of that article.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

Animalman said:
Could you possibly show me some examples of these liberals that "hate" America?

Some scenes from the U.S. anti-war movement:

Also :

The major anti-U.S. government demonstrations are organized by the Workers World Party, "Not in Our Name" and "International A.N.S.W.E.R."

A.N.S.W.E.R. is an offshoot of the International Action Center, a front for the Worker's World Party.

The Worker's World Party has existed for more than 30 years now and has always supported the enemies of the United States. The Workers World Party describes itself as Marxist in nature. The Workers World Party supports North Korea's brutal regime.

Not in Our Name is financed by a million-dollar-a-year non-profit that supports Cuban dictator Fidel Castro and Sami Al-Arian, charged with fundraising for terrorist organizations Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad.

And from liberal Washington Post columnist Richard Cohen:

[The] tendency to blame America for the moral shortcomings of others unfortunately permeates the left and the Democratic Party.

I got the first whiff of it after Sept. 11 when some people reacted to the terrorist attacks here by blaming U.S. policy -- in the Middle East specifically but around the world in general.

The same sort of reasoning -- if it can be called that -- surfaced before and during the war with Iraq. Although I supported the war, I could always understand some of the arguments against it. But I could not understand those who said the war was about oil or empire or reconstruction contracts and who seemed to think that Saddam Hussein was the lesser of two evils -- the United States being the greater, of course.

Below the surface of this reasoning seethes a perplexing animosity toward the United States -- not the people but the government and the economic system.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:

Yikes, that's pretty out there.

Let me ask you, though, do you think these opinions are representive of most liberals? I don't. Hell, I don't even think they're representative of most war-protestors, just as I don't think seeing signs encouraging the bombing of clinics is representative of most anti-abortionists(not that I would compare the circumstances, just the people).

Quote:

Below the surface of this reasoning seethes a perplexing animosity toward the United States -- not the people but the government and the economic system.

This is a distinction that perhaps isn't as clear as one might think. It begs the question, what is America? Is it the people, the history, the ideals on which the country was founded? Or is it the government, the "system", the laws and policies that dictate how it should be run?

Sometimes it seems like we(both liberals and conservatives) equate the two, when we really shouldn't.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
You asked for "examples," remember?

As for the "but what about anti-abortionists?" argument, I think that is a bit of miscomparison.

The really radical anti-abortionists (the ones who might be seen as the right wing versio of these clowns) have been roundly condemned by the mainstream GOP. Even John Ashcroft, who is probably second only to Bush himself as the left's bete noir, ordered protection of the abortion clinics and investigation and prosecution of radical anti-abortionists.

In contrast, whenever anyone brings up the shamelss antics of a big chunk of the anti-war movement, we get people like John Kerry attacking us for questioning the protestors "patriotism."

So, unless and until the left condems people like this to the same degree the right has condemned the radical anti-abortionists then I have at least suspect they are more representative than the left wants to admit.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
You asked for "examples," remember?

Yes, and you provided them. I'm acknowledging that.

Quote:

The really radical anti-abortionists (the ones who might be seen as the right wing versio of these clowns) have been roundly condemned by the mainstream GOP. Even John Ashcroft, who is probably second only to Bush himself as the left's bete noir, ordered protection of the abortion clinics and investigation and prosecution of radical anti-abortionists.

I'm not sure I'd say the "really radical anti-abortionists" are necessarily the right wing versions of the aforementioned war-protestors, because to me the really radical anti-abortionists are the one's that kill doctors and bomb clinics. To my knowledge(and at least not in the pictures), the war protestors aren't physically attacking soldiers or captains, they're just holding up extremely radical signs.

I can't say I've heard any prominent Republican condemn the pro-life protesters that hold up radical signs like "God hates abortion doctors". I do know that Bush supports anti-abortionists.

Offhand, the closest thing I can think of to a general condemnation of war-protesters is a proposed bill in Oregon(one of the more liberal states, as touched on in the Hippie thread), which doesn't have much of a chance of being passed.

As this editorial touches on, I think part of the reason war-protesters are so blasted by the war-supporting public is due to memories of tactics used by Vietnam protesters in the 70's, which, were, to say the least, not always terribly well thought out.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
War Protesters are pussies........kind of like you.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

Animalman said:
To my knowledge...war protestors aren't physically attacking soldiers or captains, they're just holding up extremely radical signs.

The Chicago Tribune printed a letter from the wife of a Marine in which she describes the "peaceful" actions of our "principled" and "pacifist" anti-war crowd:

Several of my fellow Marine wives...have experienced verbal and physical abuse in the past few weeks from so-called "peace protesters."

One woman was told from another car at a stoplight that her husband was a baby killer, and that they hoped he would die.

Another, and her young son, were yelled at and manhandled by a group of protesters as they were passing through the area.

Why did this happen? Because the wives either had a Marine Corps sticker on the car or a Marine Corps shirt on.

Then there were the "pacifists" who threw stones at National Guardsmen:

MONTPELIER, Vt. — A group of Vermont teen-agers threw rocks at a uniformed female Vermont National Guard sergeant last week, in the latest example of a service member facing hostility in the United States.

National Guard spokesman Capt. Jeff Roosevelt said the woman was not injured in Friday's incident, which took place in Plainfield, but said the woman had decided she would no longer wear her uniform outside of work.

"We are a very tolerant state and people in the military also expect to be treated with the same courtesy and respect that we show to others," Lt. Col. Scott Stirewalt, director of security at the Vermont National Guard, told WCAX news.

The teens blocked the sergeant as she went into a store and again on the way out, yelling obscenities at her along the way, Roosevelt said. The group also threw small stones at her car as she drove away, he added.

The sergeant said she believed the protesters had taken part in an anti-war demonstration in Montpelier that day. National Guard troops are often deployed to such events to help keep the peace.

"There were various profanities directed in her direction, along the line of '[expletive] murderer, [expletive] baby killer,'" Stirewalt said. "It culminated with some of the individuals throwing rocks at her, and as testament to her disciplined professionalism, she got in her car and left the area."

Roosevelt called it an "isolated incident."

"For every one that takes place there are hundreds of good deeds being done for Guard members," he said.

But Friday's incident isn't the only case of a Guard facing harassment in the Green Mountain State.

"A car drove up alongside and honked his horn and stuck his hand out the window and gave us the old proverbial, 'hey, you're No. 1 finger,'" Guardsman Brian Tomblee told WCAX news, referring to an obscene gesture. "I just waved back and said, 'Hey thanks for the support,' and drove on."

Maybe it's time for new thread: Liberals hate America?

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Anyway, getting back to the question of whether liberals hate President Bush (as opposed to America in general).

Another charming sign from the principled and pacifist anti-war movement:

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Quote:

Animalman said:
To my knowledge...war protestors aren't physically attacking soldiers or captains, they're just holding up extremely radical signs.

The Chicago Tribune printed a letter from the wife of a Marine in which she describes the "peaceful" actions of our "principled" and "pacifist" anti-war crowd:

Several of my fellow Marine wives...have experienced verbal and physical abuse in the past few weeks from so-called "peace protesters."

One woman was told from another car at a stoplight that her husband was a baby killer, and that they hoped he would die.

Another, and her young son, were yelled at and manhandled by a group of protesters as they were passing through the area.

Why did this happen? Because the wives either had a Marine Corps sticker on the car or a Marine Corps shirt on.

Then there were the "pacifists" who threw stones at National Guardsmen:

MONTPELIER, Vt. — A group of Vermont teen-agers threw rocks at a uniformed female Vermont National Guard sergeant last week, in the latest example of a service member facing hostility in the United States.

National Guard spokesman Capt. Jeff Roosevelt said the woman was not injured in Friday's incident, which took place in Plainfield, but said the woman had decided she would no longer wear her uniform outside of work.

"We are a very tolerant state and people in the military also expect to be treated with the same courtesy and respect that we show to others," Lt. Col. Scott Stirewalt, director of security at the Vermont National Guard, told WCAX news.

The teens blocked the sergeant as she went into a store and again on the way out, yelling obscenities at her along the way, Roosevelt said. The group also threw small stones at her car as she drove away, he added.

The sergeant said she believed the protesters had taken part in an anti-war demonstration in Montpelier that day. National Guard troops are often deployed to such events to help keep the peace.

"There were various profanities directed in her direction, along the line of '[expletive] murderer, [expletive] baby killer,'" Stirewalt said. "It culminated with some of the individuals throwing rocks at her, and as testament to her disciplined professionalism, she got in her car and left the area."

Roosevelt called it an "isolated incident."

"For every one that takes place there are hundreds of good deeds being done for Guard members," he said.

But Friday's incident isn't the only case of a Guard facing harassment in the Green Mountain State.

"A car drove up alongside and honked his horn and stuck his hand out the window and gave us the old proverbial, 'hey, you're No. 1 finger,'" Guardsman Brian Tomblee told WCAX news, referring to an obscene gesture. "I just waved back and said, 'Hey thanks for the support,' and drove on."

Maybe it's time for new thread: Liberals hate America?

Eh, this is semantics, but that isn't bombings or killings. Confrontations between everyday people over quasi-political issues is something that happens all the time, even before the war on Iraq was a twinkle in the eye of our President.

I think it's terrible, but I have a hard time attributing this to "war protesting" rather than just stupid criminal activity.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

Matter-eater Man said:
All the protests I've seen have been ...with signs more along the lines of this:
Asses of Evil (With pictures of Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld)
Buck Fush *
Buck Fush!
Bush + Dick = Fucked
Bush is a Fatal Error
Bush is proof that empty warheads can be dangerous.
Bush is the True Threat
Bushes are for pissing on.
Fuck Bush and His Oil War *
Hey Dick! Your Monkey's Out Of Control!
I love my country but I hate this government.

So, given your statement that these slogans are representative of the anti-war movement, isn't it fair to say you admit that liberals hate the president?

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

whomod said:

I guess whomod is admitting that liberals hate the President?

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
I cower in fear from the power of your accusation.

Inglourious Basterd!!!
15000+ posts
Inglourious Basterd!!!
15000+ posts

I classify myself as politically apathetic. I'll vote for the candidate whose views and stances I agree with the most, regardless of party. But this makes me want to vote against Bush, regardless of stance. 'Cause she makes my pee-pee tickle in that good way.

That is all. Just bringing some humor to a forum that is essentially one big flamewar.

Carry on...

Uschi said:
I won't rape you, I'll just fuck you 'till it hurts and then not stop and you'll cry.

MisterJLA: RACKS so hard, he called Jim Rome "Chris Everett." In Him, all porn is possible. He is far above mentions in so-called "blogs." RACK him, lest ye be lost!

"I can't even brush my teeth without gagging!" - Tommy Tantillo: Wank & Cry, heckpuppy, and general laughingstock

[Linked Image from i6.photobucket.com]
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
She is quite persuasive.....

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
This question doesn't really bother me one way or another.

People have a right to hate whomever they want, and constitutionally-protected freedoms (to a point) to express their hatred (so long as it's not against whatever protected group is in vogue this week ), and I can accept that.

Because I have every right to ignore them, and every right (again, to a point) to express my own opinions.

It's a lovely country we've got here. It really is.

But seriously, if you've got an opinion I don't agree with, you still must've come to it through some form of thought process, and nobody else made you believe it. I'm not gonna deny you your right to an opinion. From time to time I've learned some valuable things from people with different opinions, after all. But if I personally feel your reasoning is flawed or your argument is otherwise half-assed, expect me to exercise my right to let you know.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
fuck off pinko!

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Another example of "mainstream" liberal hate:

The St. Petersburg Democratic Club has taken out in a local weekly newspaper, with these "nice, clean comments" about Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld:

If that's what they want to do to the President's Secretary of Defense, you have to wonder what they are planning for the President.

Granted, after the Drudge Report picked up on the ad, the Club Vice President Edna McCall claimed they didn't mean it literally. But how much do you have to hate a President to not immediately realize what "pull the trigger" means?

(BTW, suppose a local Republican club placed a newspaper ad soliciting donations for President Bush and urging the assassination of a prominent Democratic official. Wouldn't it be national news?)

1 post
1 post
It's all part of the liberal haters evil plan! Ha Ha Ha Ha!

http://www.basetree.com/articles/dubyas-doodles-the-uncensored-911-memo.html

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:

The St. Petersburg Democratic Club has taken out in a local weekly newspaper, with these "nice, clean comments" about Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld:

If that's what they want to do to the President's Secretary of Defense, you have to wonder what they are planning for the President.

Granted, after the Drudge Report picked up on the ad, the Club Vice President Edna McCall claimed they didn't mean it literally. But how much do you have to hate a President to not immediately realize what "pull the trigger" means?

(BTW, suppose a local Republican club placed a newspaper ad soliciting donations for President Bush and urging the assassination of a prominent Democratic official. Wouldn't it be national news?)

Maybe because this did make the national news? If you check out the CNN link you actually get more of the story too.
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/04/13/dem.ad/index.html

No one from the club could be reached for comment, but the ad was condemned by other Democrats, including the presidential campaign of Sen. John Kerry.

"We are calling the Pinellas County Democratic Party chair about this ad and demand that it be retracted," Kerry campaign spokesman Stephanie Cutter told CNN. "John Kerry does not condone this type of advertising and believes that it is wrong."

Pinellas County Democratic Party Chairman Kevin Jensen told CNN that he, too, was outraged by the ad, and said party officials "don't condone this type of stupidity."

The club, listed on the Pinellas County Democratic Party's Web site as one of its "officially chartered" clubs, does not speak for the county party, he said.

Fair play!
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
Quote:

insaneliberal said:

It's all part of the liberal haters evil plan! Ha Ha Ha Ha!

i like u.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Quote:

Matter-eater Man said:
Quote:

the G-man said:

Maybe because this did make the national news? If you check out the CNN link you actually get more of the story too.
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/04/13/dem.ad/index.html

No one from the club could be reached for comment, but the ad was condemned by other Democrats, including the presidential campaign of Sen. John Kerry.

"We are calling the Pinellas County Democratic Party chair about this ad and demand that it be retracted," Kerry campaign spokesman Stephanie Cutter told CNN. "John Kerry does not condone this type of advertising and believes that it is wrong."

Pinellas County Democratic Party Chairman Kevin Jensen told CNN that he, too, was outraged by the ad, and said party officials "don't condone this type of stupidity."

The club, listed on the Pinellas County Democratic Party's Web site as one of its "officially chartered" clubs, does not speak for the county party, he said.

Liberals frequently make these kind of un-American statements and gestures, and then backtrack later when they are exposed on camera or in written articles.
Yourself included, Matter eater Man, over the last two pages of this topic (which is more or less an extension of this one: )

Do liberals HATE America?
HERE
You give a list of protest slogans you endorse, and then backtrack to say you don't, when called on your blatant anti-Americanism.

But the truth is:
How different is this call to put Ashcroft "up against the wall", from the DAILY bitter rhetoric unleashed by Democrats against Bush and his administration?

They call Ashcroft "Asscroft".

They call Bush "The Puppet", "The Chimp", "The Shrub", and a dozen other names I can't remember.

As the signs in the above photos demonstrate (which Whomod click-and-dragged across several topics) this "put Ashcroft up against the wall" venom is absolutely no different from what liberals/Democrats are chanting constantly --and I don't mean radical fringe liberals, I mean visible mainstream liberals who are out there every day, spewing "Bush is an idiot" and other statements that are similarly objective in reviewing the facts.

Is Ted Kennedy not a "mainstream" liberal ?
Is Howard Dean (who alleges Bush knew in advance of 9-11, without evidence) not a mainstream liberal ?
Is Al Gore not a mainstream liberal ?
Is John Kerry not a mainstream liberal (who without evidence expressed off camera --he thought !!-- that Bush and his cabinet are "the worst bunch of crooks I've ever seen". )
Is Tom Daschle ?
Nancy Pelosi ?
If these are not "mainstream" liberals, then who the hell is ?

Liberals and Democrats call Bush a "draft evader", alleging --without evidence-- that Bush went A.W.O.L. for a short period while he was in the National Guard.

And yet these same liberals turn a blind eye to the fact that Bill Clinton unquestionably IS a draft evader. Proven by many witnesses, and a letter in Clinton's own handwriting.
Bush served in the National Guard, and yet liberals regard him as worse than a true draft evader.

And if Republicans bring up the fact that Clinton is unquestionably a draft evader, then liberals/Democrats regard that as "picking on" Clinton.
Nice double-standard.
And par for the course with virtually all liberals.

I ask you: Which side makes up the conspiracies and allegations to suit their hate, and ignores the true facts?

Clearly, it is Democrats.

Bitter, angry, slanderous allegations toward Bush and his administration.
No evidence against Bush.

Democrats undermine our military, divide our nation, sneer at a proven Islamic terror threat, sneer at a Republicvan administration for acting against a threat "without evidence", and accusing Bush of "blood for oil", "war profiteering" , BLA BLA BLA.
All this, despite that the U.N. weapons inspection reports, and the intelligence of every other nation involved with Iraq, saw the same threat that Bush is allegedly making up.

And these liberals disgrace America before the world with their bitter unfounded allegations. For what?

To promote their own vicious agenda, by whatever illicit means available.
The level of hate in Democrats --and I mean many, a visible majority, not just a select few-- I wouldn't put assasination of Republican leaders out of the realm of their liberal fanaticism.

Again: What Democrats/liberals are doing is so far removed from any possible illusion of productive discourse, or respectful civil disobedience. It is not "democracy". It is disgrace.

It is an angry, bitter slander campaign, a vicious weekly exercise in character assasination and erosion of our institutions.

Against factual charges, Bush could more easily defend himself.

But how does Bush defend himself against liberal innuendo, rumor, half-truth, deliberate distortion, slander, conspiracy theories, and pure unrelenting liberal hate?

The allegations affect public perception by sheer quantity of allegations, not based on any evidence. The American public hears the allegations so often, they feel after a while there must be some truth to the charges.
But it's liberal smoke. That's all there is.

~

Bush gave a great statement and press conference tonight. And as much candor as he was able to give. You could see the piranha in the press room, waiting to tear off a piece of him.
It must be very difficult for him to be patient and sincere, when he is attacked so bitterly and baselessly every single day.

Quote:

Matter Eater Man said:

This would be the same John Kerry who made an obligatory press statement about what a good thing it was that Saddam Hussein was captured?
And then, hours later, made bitter accusations about how incompetent the Bush administration is, and how if anyone else was President, Saddam would have been captured months earlier?
Lying, divisive piece of crap liberal.

~

Bush's speech tonight was outstanding. It cut to the bone of what the conflict in Iraq is all about: bringing democracy, freedom and hope to the Middle East through a seed planted in Iraq, knowing that war is costly, but that we have to stay the course, and do the job right.

Despite enemies, within and without.

A full transcript of Bush's press conference tonight
is available at:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/04/20040413-20.html

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
1 post
1 post
Quote:

... text removed for sake of brevity...
~

Bush's speech tonight was outstanding. It cut to the bone of what the conflict in Iraq is all about.

www.whitehouse.gov

My, that was long hard slog...

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Quote:

Despite enemies, within and without.

That would be you, Whomod/insaneliberal.

(And who do you think you're kidding with this new user-name?
However, the name is appropriate. You're clearly demented, and too consumed with hatred for Bush, and conservatives in general, to ever be reached by the facts.)

--------------------

Quote:

( from the "It's not about oil or Iraq..." topic, page 24: )
Mister JLA said:
That doesn't change the fact that blahblahblah neocons this, neocons that, conspiracy...Haliberton...Cheney, where was Bush on 9/11...? he duped the American public...lies, lies, lies, the average American doesn't question things like I do, since I care more and am smarter...here in California...blahblahblah.

Signed,

whomod.

"The Whomod Technique"
HERE

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard